Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

James35

Will we see any difference this transfer window with INEOS or more terrible decisions.

Matriac

INEOS have had feck all to do with Donny leaving on loan
Considering the deal between Ineos/Glazers was agreed in principle in the summer, it's not unlikely that they were part of deciding everything happening this January while working out all the other details of the deal before it could be signed.

They certainly agreed with Donny going out on loan, since the club can't do any ins/outs atm without checking with Ineos first.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Considering the deal between Ineos/Glazers was agreed in principle in the summer, it's not unlikely that they were part of deciding everything happening this January while working out all the other details of the deal before it could be signed.

They certainly agreed with Donny going out on loan, since the club can't do any ins/outs atm without checking with Ineos first.
I’m sorry, but I very much doubt it considering it was being dealt with way before INEOS took over.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I’m sorry, but I very much doubt it considering it was being dealt with way before INEOS took over.
Did you just not read the rest of the post where it said the main structure of the deal has been agreed since the summer? They haven't been working on Donny leaving since then otherwise he'd have gone in the summer

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Did you just not read the rest of the post where it said the main structure of the deal has been agreed since the summer? They haven't been working on Donny leaving since then otherwise he'd have gone in the summer
Does that not prove my point?

Deal been working on before INEOS taken over aka the summer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
When was the last time anyone even took up the buy option on one of our loans out. They always end up back.

Red00012

Am I right in saying he turned down playing for his country or was he not selected?

rajds89

So we’re letting players go out the door without anyone likely to come in.. sound strategy.

Red00012

So we’re letting players go out the door without anyone likely to come in.. sound strategy.
We’ve had 2/3 midfielders injured for most of the season and he still couldn’t get a look in . A loan is the best option for both parties

Dannn411

We’ve had 2/3 midfielders injured for most of the season and he still couldn’t get a look in . A loan is the best option for both parties
I see this being used as a stick to beat players with and I don't understand it. The player cannot force the manager to pick him. It says absolutely nothing about a player's ability if he's not getting picked. Especially when the manager is a clueless deer in headlights like Ten Hag. So Mejbri not being picked does not say anything at all about his ability or usefulness to the team. Under a competent manager he would have played far more than he has now.

Red00012

I see this being used as a stick to beat players with and I don't understand it. The player cannot force the manager to pick him. It says absolutely nothing about a player's ability if he's not getting picked. Especially when the manager is a clueless deer in headlights like Ten Hag. So Mejbri not being picked does not say anything at all about his ability or usefulness to the team. Under a competent manager he would have played far more than he has now.
And you’re using Hannibal as a stick to beat ETH with. If he’s so good why is it he’s going to a La Liga club fighting relegation? Surely if he’s good enough to be starting a lot bigger clubs would be all over him?
The 3 interested clubs were a French team that are 15th , a German team that is 8th and a La Liga team that is 16th.
Like I said a loan suits both parties .

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Meh, we're not qualifying for Europe this season and we're also not getting relegated. Why not take the short-term pain now in exchange for easing the summer's FFP allowance a bit?

Dannn411

And you’re using Hannibal as a stick to beat ETH with . If he’s so good why is it he’s going to a La Liga club fighting relegation? Surely if he’s good enough a lot bigger clubs would be all over him?
I'm not using Hannibal as a stick to beat ETH at all and I don't need to. ETH has provided many sticks to beat himself with already.

Just pointing out that a manager not picking a player says precisely FA about the player's ability or usefulness.

Red00012

I'm not using Hannibal as a stick to beat ETH at all and I don't need to. ETH has provided many sticks to beat himself with already.

Just pointing out that a manager not picking a player says precisely FA about the player's ability or usefulness.
I wasn’t writing off the player I said a loan suits both parties . He’s not of good enough quality to start for us and with us been out of Europe we’ll have less games so his gametime will be limited . Hopefully his loan spell will be productive .

Zoo

Hmm, first signs that some things just never change? If you're embarrassed by the fee, don't agree to it! It's never going to remain confidential with all the parties involved.
It depends how much you want to believe stories like this.

Wing Attack Plan R

I wasn’t writing off the player I said a loan suits both parties . He’s not of good enough quality to start for us and with us been out of Europe we’ll have less games so his gametime will be limited . Hopefully his loan spell will be productive .
I agree with your view. Hannibal is not good enough to start for us. He's got a lot of energy, he's fearless, but he doesn't play smart, in my opinion. He's too impulsive, wants to get stuck in at every opportunity and so he gets booked early and often. Spain will be slower paced, so he will have more time to think a few moves ahead. I hope it improves him. He's a good player but not good enough for a top PL side.

James35

I already cannot wait for the window to close. I don’t know what is worse, watching us on the pitch or in the transfer market. Just utter crap at both.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I already cannot wait for the window to close. I don’t know what is worse, watching us on the pitch or in the transfer market. Just utter crap at both.
What do you want United to do in this window?