Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Stubbs

Di Maria a "best player" for United? Really?
Yes. Despite a mixed firstly season where he struggled with injuries, struggled with off field problems he still created more chances than anyone else in less games played. To let him go after one season is poor from us.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
not coming of the back of a great season but still one of the most talented in our squad, yes.

you disagree ?
Of course he disagrees. He gets pleasure out of new signings not playing as well as they should, rather than supporting them. Was the same with Herrera about a week after we signed him too. Seems as though people are commited to adm leaving because they are worried they will be proved wrong about him next season.

lysglimt

Scout
Yes. Despite a mixed firstly season where he struggled with injuries, struggled with off field problems he still created more chances than anyone else in less games played. To let him go after one season is poor from us.
He also created more chances for our opponents than any other player - and as for his many assists, the majority of them were easy passes or mishit shots.

Mister_Stubbs

He also created more chances for our opponents than any other player - and as for his many assists, the majority of them were easy passes or mishit shots.
So you agree with selling him? AdM has turnt in to a bad player in one season? Who'd you bring in to replace him?

Zoo

There is agreement and Sergio Romero signed for 3 years to be the new goalkeeper Manchester Utd

Dante

Average bang
That's very true

Considering he got assigned 'assists' at 2.00 and 2.05 you've got to take his stats with a pinch of salt. Not because he doesn't deserve them, but because he's unlikely to pull off so many flukes next season.

Orton

That's very true

Considering he got assigned 'assists' at 2.00 and 2.05 you've got to take his stats with a pinch of salt. Not because he doesn't deserve them, but because he's unlikely to pull off so many flukes next season.
Youngs 2 goals came from a tim krul pass and a mix up with hart and a city defender. Should we take those with a pinch of salt too, or just forget that Di Maria is more than capable of creating chances from nothing more so than anybody else on our team? What about the chances he created that were wasted? Do you think all of Fabregas and Hazards assists were perfect through balls and crosses?

Dion

Yeah it's funny how Di Maria "gets lucky" every single season.

Or, you know... people need beating with a stick until they stop talking bollocks.

Dante

Average bang
Youngs 2 goals came from a tim krul pass and a mix up with hart and a city defender. Should we take those with a pinch of salt too, or just forget that Di Maria is more than capable of creating chances from nothing more so than anybody else on our team? What about the chances he created that were wasted?
Young adds a lot to team play. ADM doesn't. The latter's only redeeming quality is his supposedly amazing end product. I personally think it's an over-inflated statistic which United can't rely upon him repeating. I simply don't see the quality that all the La Liga fans have been harping on about.

Orton

Young adds a lot to team play. ADM doesn't. The latter's only redeeming quality is his supposedly amazing end product. I personally think it's an over-inflated statistic which United can't rely upon him repeating. I simply don't see the quality that all the La Liga fans have been harping on about.
He certainly did when he played at RM. Why can't he repeat it? If anything he can only improve it.

GBBQ

If di Maria is sold it will because he has given up on United, not the other way around. Could be that he doesn't like the system or the off the field issues are too much for him and if thats the case there's not a whole lot we can we do to keep him. He showed last season that these things affect his performance (say compared to Ronaldo when he stayed the extra season) so there's no point asking him to be porfessional and see out his contract.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If di Maria is sold it will because he has given up on United, not the other way around. Could be that he doesn't like the system or the off the field issues are too much for him and if thats the case there's not a whole lot we can we do to keep him. He showed last season that these things affect his performance (say compared to Ronaldo when he stayed the extra season) so there's no point asking him to be porfessional and see out his contract.
LvG has said it is up to the player. If he goes it is his choice.

Stan Jefferson

That's very true

What 2? And if the rest were mostly easy passes does it not beg the question why nobody else made that many, if they were all so much better than him?

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't great last season but its not like its inexplicable why that was. To me selling him now would be utter madness, especially if we don't get 100% of our money back for him and even then, who out is out there to replace him?

Jev

What 2? And if the rest were mostly easy passes does it not beg the question why nobody else made that many, if they were all so much better than him?

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't great last season but its not like its inexplicable why that was. To me selling him now would be utter madness, especially if we don't get 100% of our money back for him and even then, who out is out there to replace him?
Pedro, Griezmann, Reus to name a few. There are plenty players out there who could replace him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Kind of thing that annoys me.... lets not downgrade his quality, he gets assists because he has quality end of.
He had a poor season, call a spade a spade, lets not act like he doesn't create bags of chances

Dante

Average bang
He certainly did when he played at RM. Why can't he repeat it? If anything he can only improve it.
Maybe he's lost it like countless other players seem to have done (including Nani, whom he's constantly getting compared to). Or maybe he's unable to play under LvG's philosophy and will be shipped out along with Valdes.

I've watched every minute he's had in a United shirt and don't see much worth keeping. If LvG is considering selling him, he obviously thinks the same. It's not like we've been desperate to hold onto him the way we have been with De Gea.

Either way, it's a gamble. But the most important and relevant showings are the ones he's had for Manchester United. Not the ones for Real Madrid. Judging by those, I'd be happy to sell.

Dante

Average bang

I'd add the freekick goal and the two assists for Rooney and Mata's wondergoals to the list.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe he's lost it like countless other players seem to have done (including Nani, whom he's constantly getting compared to). Or maybe he's unable to play under LvG's philosophy and will be shipped out along with Valdes.

I've watched every minute he's had in a United shirt and don't see much worth keeping. If LvG is considering selling him, he obviously thinks the same. It's not like we've been desperate to hold onto him the way we have been with De Gea.

Either way, it's a gamble. But the most important and relevant showings are the ones he's had for Manchester United. Not the ones for Real Madrid. Judging by those, I'd be happy to sell.
Or maybe he had a difficult first season in the EPL... I mean its not like its ever happened before :wenger:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
The Prem (as a whole) maybe have better defensive players than in La Liga - its part of the DNA of English football & key players like Di Maria get double-marked - sometimes triple-marked too?

La Liga seem to have quality individual defenders, but not whole teams of them - bar Atletico & Barca; where they both defend as a team unit much more efficiently than the others..

pauldyson1uk

Yeah... we shouldn't be selling our best players... De Gea to Madrid and di Maria to PSG would be two of our most talented players gone in one window.
so what is better , having players in the team that want to play here or keeping players that clearly don't want to be here (if you believe what is being written)
Best player or not if a player want to leave then let him.

Stan Jefferson

Im already bored of this debate, it would be mad to get rid unless he specifically wants to leave. Its not exactly unusual for players to have a bad season when making a move to a new club and especially country, but if it happens all of a sudden thats apparently their level, it works the same way with players having one good season and suddenly being worth stupid amounts of money and thats why you end up paying 35 million for andy fecking carroll. All we would be doing if we wanted rid is making the same mistake liverpool did but in reverse.

Question234

Keegan's just read the Goal France report from 3 weeks ago when PSG "opened talks with United and ADM agreed a pre-contract " and have since met 73 times but no-one has agreed anything:rolleyes:
Hopefully it's all b.s

Regardless of how you think he did this season, losing him would be a disappointing. I don't think anyone could disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.