Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not true. UEFA still have to comply with EU regulations and they cannot exclude a club without valid reason.
People are attacking the FFP on the basis that it goes against European Union Competition law, which basically protect the principle of free and pure Market, but the UEFA isn't a free and pure market, there is no atomicity, no free access, no homogeneity. At no point the UEFA is a free and pure market.
There is also something else, even if the principles of the European Union Competition law were enforceable, the FFP could be labelled as a tool for it since it prevent a market dominance by the sugar daddies.

shivab

You mentioned all the players going out but only mentioned two players coming in and not mentioning Memphis, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Darmian.

It's like saying last summer Real Madrid sold Di Maria, Alonso and Morata and brought in Lucas Silva and Hernandez on loan, completely ignoring them buying Kroos and Rodriguez.
maybe you can read what i wrote to other people since you take such interests in my posts. i was referring to holes that were created and are hence being filled. not the holes that already existed and were filled because they have always been our weakness. tie to put 2 and 2 together its not rocket science.

walsh

di maria has proved and time and again that hes a top player playing for argentina. even in the midst of a bad patch with us hes been untouchable for argentina. hes world class and theres no doubt about that. we just dont know how to use him.

pedro is an average player with above avg. finishing and first touch. thats it. lets see how he manages in a physical league where he doesnt have the service of xavi iniesta and messi threading balls through to him
If we don't know how to use him or don't have a place for him in the system then what is the point keeping him?

Yeah, let's see how good Pedro is, obviously. Make sure you don't criticise him after only a year though!

Will Absolute

That was my thinking also, but since the parasites that have whored themselves to the sugar daddy clubs to fight this have managed to get it this far then there must be a more complex foundation to the competition and its qualification process to make this legal challenge still an issue. My fear is this will contribute to the death of FFP (combined with Platini's "interesting" relationship with the Qataris) and then whatever is left of the sport is fecked.
How will the European Court of Justice ruling that the Bosman lawyer's challenge to FFP is 'manifestly inadmissible' contribute to its death?

Platini's relationship with the Qataris and their purchase of a French club has, I suspect, already had a big impact. Neither they nor City should even be in the competition, but, instead, they're both spending money like drunken sailors.

littlepeasoup

If you dont know why we sold Falcao and RVP thats your problem. Cliisen is signing as a backup keeper for this season it seems. And ADM had a poor season, Pedro isnt as good as ADM but ADM sure didnt prove that last year and Pedro is more than good enough replacement esp if he'll play better than ADM. He certainly isnt average either.

Part about fans being pissed and wanting Bale or Ronaldo is.. Silly to say the least.
If Pedro plays at his peak he'll be worth twice as much to us compared to how di Maria performed last season.

There seems to be a certain subset of fans that want to turn us into Galacticos.

Devil may care

I don't care about Di Maria as it's clear he's too soft for the league and is hauling ass to the easy French league rather than make the effort here, not the clubs fault. The Cillessen stuff better be bullshit though.

shivab

If we don't know how to use him or don't have a place for him in the system then what is the point keeping him?

Yeah, let's see how good Pedro is, obviously. Make sure you don't criticise him after only a year though!
i dont do that with players that play for us. thats why i think di maria needs another chance.
if we dont know how to use him doesnt mean u just discard him. hes the record singing for a reason. you give him a chance to adapt. thats my point. just because he hasnt fit till now (after one season) doens tmean he can never fit in. got to give him time if we can give fellaini time we sure as hell can give di maria time.

vk20legend

With regards to Cillessen, I have not seen any of his Ajax games or dont recall any games of his barring last year's world cup..

Maybe the manager is seeing something that most here don't know about?!

The only problem I have with signing him is I have 50$ bet with a friend of mine that we won't sign anymore Dutch players after Memphis, this season. He basically baited me into getting into that bet by listing just Dutch players for all our positions like Van Der Weil, Janmaat, Strootman, Huntellar and Vlaar(ffs) :mad:..

I have already lost about 350$ in the last 4 years with him in terms of sport related bets.. I would hate to add another 50$ and extend that streak. :(:nervous:

So just for that reason, I hope we dont sign him.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
maybe you can read what i wrote to other people since you take such interests in my posts. i was referring to holes that were created and are hence being filled. not the holes that already existed and were filled because they have always been our weakness. tie to put 2 and 2 together its not rocket science.
You read your post, it isn't rocket science:

di maria, de gea, rvp, falcao out ----pedro cillisen in....thats utter rubbish. if we dont sign bale or ronaldo or some big player then united fans will have huge complaints and rightly so.
Forgetting most of the signings we've made for some bullshit reason, what about Memphis? He's filling in a hole that has been created.

No need to be so fecking rude. I replied to one post of yours, thats it.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
People are attacking the FFP on the basis that it goes against European Union Competition law, which basically protect the principle of free and pure Market, but the UEFA isn't a free and pure market, there is no atomicity, no free access, no homogeneity. At no point the UEFA is a free and pure market.
There is also something else, even if the principles of the European Union Competition law were enforceable, the FFP could be labelled as a tool for it since it prevent a market dominance by the sugar daddies.
Competition and free trade rules are still applicable to regulations in sport though. Your second point is true though, UEFA can contravene EU law provided they have sufficient justification.

shivab

If you dont know why we sold Falcao and RVP thats your problem. Cliisen is signing as a backup keeper for this season it seems. And ADM had a poor season, Pedro isnt as good as ADM but ADM sure didnt prove that last year and Pedro is more than good enough replacement esp if he'll play better than ADM. He certainly isnt average either.

Part about fans being pissed and wanting Bale or Ronaldo is.. Silly to say the least.
If wanting Bale at the club is silly then ed woodward must be huge jackass for always trying to buy him every friggin window.

pedro is an average player. he requires the service our players cannot provide. he thrives on that. hes a poor mans mueller with more pace and less guile.

replacing di maria with a right forward doesnt make sense anyway. we could have got pedro and still kept di maria..they play different positions.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
di maria, de gea, rvp, falcao out ----pedro cillisen in....thats utter rubbish. if we dont sign bale or ronaldo or some big player then united fans will have huge complaints and rightly so.
Van Persie is 32 years old, was over from 2 years ago and probably the club will bring someone to cover that position and di Maria doesn´t want to play in United. Maybe is better to sell and bring someone who is really interested .Pedro won´t do worse, is cheaper and has enough experience, something that Van Gaal seems to be looking for in his new players. We are still in July, there are plenty of time for the club to bring more players. Besides some positions,as CB, will be improved in the next days. Cillessen is Holland´s GK, maybe he is not the best but he is not a nobody

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
How will the European Court of Justice ruling that the Bosman lawyer's challenge to FFP is 'manifestly inadmissible' contribute to its death?

Platini's relationship with the Qataris and their purchase of a French club has, I suspect, already had a big impact. Neither they nor City should even be in the competition, but, instead, they're both spending money like drunken sailors.
I was posting about the legal challenge to FFP in general, not the specific news tonight. I expected the legal challenge to fail pretty quickly when the idea was first put forward by the Bosman lawyer, but as it has not yet been totally flushed then I feared it might actually have an effect, combined with Platini talking about relaxing the rules, and his Qatari relations. The news from the ECJ tonight is most welcomed in my view.

shivab

You read your post, it isn't rocket science:

Forgetting most of the signings we've made for some bullshit reason, what about Memphis? He's filling in a hole that has been created.

No need to be so fecking rude. I replied to one post of yours, thats it.
its not a bullshit reason. its an obvious reason. yes memphis is filling a hole..two players for every position hole. i wasnt rude to begin with was i.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No gaurentee that another season here will reduce the value. Stop acting like that justifies it.
Eh?

He'll be a year older with a year less on his contract. His value isn't going anywhere but South.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Awful, awful post. What about all the other signings. Deary me.

Damien

Staff
its not a bullshit reason. its an obvious reason. yes memphis is filling a hole..two players for every position hole. i wasnt rude to begin with was i.
Yes you were. Singling me out yet I replied to one post and you made it sound like I was stalking your posts or something

shivab

Van Persie is 32 years old, was over from 2 years ago and probably the club will bring someone to cover that position and di Maria doesn´t want to play in United. Maybe is better to sell and bring someone who is really interested .Pedro won´t do worse, is cheaper and has enough experience, something that Van Gaal seems to be looking for in his new players. We are still in July, there are plenty of time for the club to bring more players. Besides some positions,as CB, will be improved in the next days. Cillessen is Holland´s GK, maybe he is not the best but he is not a nobody
im not so sure that di maria doesnt want to play at united. i think its van gaal who is calling the shots here. pedro would want to be a starter. i dont see him coming here for anything less. and i dont see how a sub for another club who hardly gets any game time in important games walks into our starting 11. we need to be chasing reus and griezmann not pedro just because hes cheap. but i guess thats just my opinion.

im also hoping that we have some plans to make up for di marias departure that dont just involve pedro who anyway plays a different position

Question234

they have been great. woodward has been great.

but if we lose di maria and de gea this summer that's utd losing two of their most talented players. Can't pretend like that is a minor. Especially when di maria is being sold at a loss after a season, that's poor.

I wouldn't say it's been a crappy window by any means, losing them both is big though imo however the window is far from over.

shivab

Yes you were. Singling me out yet I replied to one post and you made it sound like I was stalking your posts or something
everyone else replied ..you laughed off my post. i think you do see some logic in what im saying and hence you are arguing otherwise you would just put up some more emoticons. so maybe next time you can engage instead of being dismissive..which is rude btw. im sorry for my part in it but im sure you can see why i reacted thw way i did.

Mali_Zeus

With DDG we wont stand down as I see. Give us Ramos or piss off.
Has anything happened that changed this stance?

And as for ADM he still isnt sold and there's a possibility all this media stuff is bs.

shivab

just go through all the explanations ive provided to all the people whove written the exact sam thing u have. i dont care the explain myself over and over

Mali_Zeus

If wanting Bale at the club is silly then ed woodward must be huge jackass for always trying to buy him every friggin window.

pedro is an average player. he requires the service our players cannot provide. he thrives on that. hes a poor mans mueller with more pace and less guile.

replacing di maria with a right forward doesnt make sense anyway. we could have got pedro and still kept di maria..they play different positions.
Sorry you just sound like a facebook poster on official page. And I tend not get into arguments with those.
Cause imagine that, some players can play multiple positions.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

but if we lose di maria and de gea this summer that's utd losing two of their most talented players. Can't pretend like that is a minor. Especially when di maria is being sold at a loss after a season, that's poor.

I wouldn't say it's been a crappy window by any means, losing them both is big though imo however the window is far from over.
Di Maria so far has not been up to much and if we get a player like Pedro in, there should be no complaints, just disappointment it didn't work out for Angel. There is no way De Gea will go unless we get Ramos, which would be a good deal for us so you can't really complain there - especially when it's inevitable De Gea will leave soon anyway.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If we sold Di Maria/DDG then the club would react to that. A goalkeeper, Ramos and Pedro (if you believe the rumors), wouldn't be that bad. As been said, we don't need a top top goalkeeper (though it'd be nice), if the core of the team is strong. It should mean next season, with better balance the goalkeeper won't be as busy. Di Maria might be going no where and even if he was - we don't know what the clubs plans are so let's wait and see.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Competition and free trade rules are still applicable to regulations in sport though. Your second point is true though, UEFA can contravene EU law provided they have sufficient justification.
Competition yes, but not as people seem to imagine it, the competition is fair from the moment that everyone have to respect the same rules, the fact that the said rules prevent a club from doing something that he could is irrelevant since it's the same for everybody.
And by the way PSG or City, can trade as much as they want, they can buy all the players on the planet, but the UEFA wont send them an invite and that's why they are careful, the FFP do not take rights from the clubs.

shivab

i think thats the point i was trying to emphasize while maintaining that the window is not over and therefore we need to make up for this. selling a record signing after one season is not normal.

Damien

Staff
everyone else replied ..you laughed off my post. i think you do see some logic in what im saying and hence you are arguing otherwise you would just put up some more emoticons. so maybe next time you can engage instead of being dismissive..which is rude btw. im sorry for my part in it but im sure you can see why i reacted thw way i did.
No I didn't? Look back. Mali_Zeus was the one laughing at your post, I replied.

I've not been dismissive, I've been engaging with you but you've been rude by having a go at me and mistaking me for some other person

shivab

Sorry you just sound like a facebook poster on official page. And I tend not get into arguments with those.
Cause imagine that, some players can play multiple positions.
you should watch football once in a while. pedro can play as a forward..left or right. di marias best position is an inside left, left midfielder or part of a midfield three. thts nothing like pedros position. so yes if we sell di maria and buy pedro it wouldnt make sense as a replacement. we could have kept di maria and still bought pedro.

maybe thats why we are linked wiith gaitan time and agian because he does play that position and could be a direct replacement.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Glad it's happening now (ADM) rather than at the end of August TBH. We can get a replacement in and have a month more to settle in...

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We have not sold Di Maria. Everyone knows how twitter works yet falls for it. It's amazing how gullible it makes people. Until United announce it, there is nothing. So no point people getting bent out of shape.

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
The funny part would be that those slagging off AdM now could probably be the same ones slagging off Pedro this time next year if he signs for us.

To stop this window turning into a big letdown after an excellent start in the coming week DDG signs a new contract after all and AdM scores a hat-trick against PSG next week:p

Status
Not open for further replies.