Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivab

Please improve the quality of your posts.
It takes a discussion to figure out what I'm really trying to say. That's a limitation of my post, agreed. Though what im trying to convey is completely legitimate. Schneiderlin schweinsteiger darmian and depay plugged in the holes that already existed (weak midfield/two players for every position). But we then went and created more holes in our squad (some willingly some not) which we now seem to be planning to fill with relatively average players (if the rumors about cillisen and Pedro are true). That's a worrying sign. Moreover giving our record signing a total of one year to settle and then try to sell him is just one of many examples of how money is being thrown around carelessly by the club. Either we buy the players that fit with the philosophy or give the ones we bought 'randomly' time to settle. This is worrying whether you or others on here like to admit it or not is not my concern. If the di maria deal goes ahead as a united fan I would feel very disappointed because a world class player would be sold to a European rival without giving him a fair chance. In fact I think all united fans should feel frustrated by that. I don't see why im wrong in stating that.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cech was warming the bench for one of the best keepers in the league. In no way does that make any worse a GK. He might be 33 but he's still up there with the best, and Chelsea were lucky to have two superb GK's last season. Cech is a much much better GK than Cillissen, and with GK's older usually means better. I'm sure I don't need to bring out the Van der Sar card to make my point.
But Cech wanted to stay in London.

Varun

Staff
It takes a discussion to figure out what I'm really trying to say. That's a limitation of my post, agreed. Though what im trying to convey is completely legitimate. Schneiderlin schweinsteiger darmian and depay plugged in the holes that already existed (weak midfield/two players for every position). But we then went and created more holes in our squad (some willingly some not) which we now seem to be planning to fill with relatively average players (if the rumors about cillisen and Pedro are true). That's a worrying sign. Moreover giving our record signing a total of one year to settle and then try to sell him is just one of many examples of how money is being thrown around carelessly by the club. Either we buy the players that fit with the philosophy or give the ones we bought 'randomly' time to settle. This is worrying whether you or others on here like to admit it or not is not my concern. If the di maria deal goes ahead as a united fan I would feel very disappointed because a world class player would be sold to a European rival without giving him a fair chance. In fact I think all united fans should feel frustrated by that. I don't see why im wrong in stating that.
Have you considered Di Maria wanting to leave is why the love's happening? He dropped quite a few hints about preferring PSG even when he came. If he wants to stay, he will not sell him. I doubt LVG is blind to his quality.

NK86

The point in all this that you seem to be missing is that Di Maria himself may not be happy here and wants the move. Now we can either hold on to an unsettled player or get a good fee for him and replace him. I really don't think we are looking to push him out.

Clas Sified

Mini-rant here, I hate it when people call Pedro average. Pedro is certainly not average and is a top, top player. Just because we're signing him for a cheap price doesn't mean he's an average player, it means we'd be getting a great deal for a classy player.

If anyone disagrees and does think Pedro is truly average, fair enough don't give me grief, but I genuinely believe Pedro is class and will instantly become one of our best players.

Mali_Zeus

Pedro average? Dear oh dear.
I know, right..?
You can read lots of strange things in these pages.

Anyway I expect ADM to stay. I'm basing that only on his statement he wants to fight it out at the club, its not much cause footballers say lots of things and than dont stick with it but..
I think club should leave the conversations with PSG if ADM sincelerly wants to stay.

prath92

I had woken up and saw about 7 pages unread. Thought either pedro or Romero got confirmed or some other rmour came about. But the most interesting thing was the bein sport tweet.

shivab

Go back a page or two and see what I was really trying to say
Have you considered Di Maria wanting to leave is why the love's happening? He dropped quite a few hints about preferring PSG even when he came. If he wants to stay, he will not sell him. I doubt LVG is blind to his quality.
I don't think we would sell a player we don't want to sell. I also don't think a world class player will run away after one season and not fight for his place. Di maria himself mentioned in an interview that he's frustrated at not starting but wants to stay and fight because that's his character. To me its obvious that lvg is not interested in keeping him here and neither is united who don't want an expensive player to be a 'maybe' starter. In my opinion van gaal has to give him more time to show his quality. This is no way to run a club..buy player for 60mil..sell next season

shivab

Mini-rant here, I hate it when people call Pedro average. Pedro is certainly not average and is a top, top player. Just because we're signing him for a cheap price doesn't mean he's an average player, it means we'd be getting a great deal for a classy player.

If anyone disagrees and does think Pedro is truly average, fair enough don't give me grief, but I genuinely believe Pedro is class and will instantly become one of our best players.
Let's agree to disagree then because I think we need a more dangerous player going forward. I think he's a good team player but doesn't have that extra to make things happen when the team isn't playing well.

Stretford Red1978

I don't think we would sell a player we don't want to sell. I also don't think a world class player will run away after one season and not fight for his place. Di maria himself mentioned in an interview that he's frustrated at not starting but wants to stay and fight because that's his character. To me its obvious that lvg is not interested in keeping him here and neither is united who don't want an expensive player to be a 'maybe' starter. In my opinion van gaal has to give him more time to show his quality. This is no way to run a club..buy player for 60mil..sell next season
Dude I see what you are saying but do you know for a fact that any of this is actually happening? No one knows for sure what is happening so you can't say for sure that it's no way to run a club!

Swaters16

If Cillesen is coming, although I don't know how good he really is, it could provide a serious opportunity for Johnstone to compete with our first choice keeper.

shivab

Dude I see what you are saying but do you know for a fact that any of this is actually happening? No one knows for sure what is happening so you can't say for sure that it's no way to run a club!
Yes ur right I have no clue what's happening just as everybody else here. But it was very clear from van gaals response in the presser that di Maria's future is uncertain. I don't think that is in dispute at all. My point is ..why should his future be uncertain. He's quality. Keep him another year at least and play him. I don't see the stubbornness to keep him that we normally show with world class players at least not in front of the media.

Nickosaur

You can have a lot of talent but also not be up for the fight. Di Maria is an excellent, technically fantastic player, arguably the most talented player in our squad. But he hasn't adapted well, and there's a myriad of reasons for that. I would be disappointed - and I think he should try - if he didn't want to fight for his place. But if he doesn't want to, I can see why. He's in his prime, and if he feels he can do better away from United, that's his prerogative.

Gahhh! I've become a hypocrite. More tweets please!

Stretford Red1978

Yes ur right I have no clue what's happening just as everybody else here. But it was very clear from van gaals response in the presser that di Maria's future is uncertain. I don't think that is in dispute at all. My point is ..why should his future be uncertain. He's quality. Keep him another year at least and play him. I don't see the stubbornness to keep him that we normally show with world class players at least not in front of the media.
I'm in agreement with you but LVG is not the humble type and we have to respect that and he says things as it is. LVG uses the same phrases every time you can read as much as you want into it. If he has a problem with a player like what has happened with Valdes he is incredibly honest about it. We will just have to wait and see what happens! We as fans just have to accept what happens even if we don't agree with it. Everything happens for a reason and I'm sure everything will work out in the end! Still frustrating but hey what are we gonna do about it, we can always wreck cars like RM fans! :D (Joke)

JayWalker

Ball Spotter
Still got the blues for you.. RIP The Loner. Hull
I don't understand how you feel so convinced that the club is pushing him out. It's all up in the air at the moment. We don't know if he HE wants to leave or whether the club wants to sell him. Either way it will be stupid to hold one assumption or the other until the truth comes out. As far as I see it, I don't think there's anyone on here or at the club who wouldn't want to give the British record signing another season before decreeing whether he can hack it in this league or not. In my opinion, IF we are talking to PSG indeed about a transfer it has to be because Di Maria himself wants to move for one reason or a a bunch of reasons.

But mostly what I've read here is and with which I agree is that IF his eyes are wandering elsewhere and he's going to seem disinterested or half-arsed like he did at a lot of times last season, we should be happy to let go especially if we can recoup most of the fee we paid for him. I'd rather have a player who's slightly less talented maybe but one who wants to be here and give it his all.

Varun

Staff

What he says in interviews and what he says to van Gaal are 2 different things. I don't think we'd sell if he didn't want to go. If he does you don't stop a player when you can get 60mil for him and he isn't a cert starter.

shivab

What he says in interviews and what he says to van Gaal are 2 different things. I don't think we'd sell if he didn't want to go. If he does you don't stop a player when you can get 60mil for him and he isn't a cert starter.
The rhetoric we have seen from van gaal when it comes to de gea who also wants to leave is completely different to what he hear for di maria. Even though both are currently involved in negotiations with another club. Why do you think this is the case? I think its precisely the reason you have given. He's not a guaranteed starter and why spend so much on someone who isn't. But my point is he can be. Give him a chance. We aren't giving him a chance to be a starter if we are shipping him off. Even if i were to beleieve that he wants out why should the club let a world class record singing leave instead of believing in him. To me this is clearly van gaals decision

Varun

Staff
The rhetoric we have seen from van gaal when it comes to de gea who also wants to leave is completely different to what he hear for di maria. Even though both are currently involved in negotiations with another club. Why do you think this is the case? I think its precisely the reason you have given. He's not a guaranteed starter and why spend so much on someone who isn't. But my point is he can be. Give him a chance. We aren't giving him a chance to be a starter if we are shipping him off. Even if i were to beleieve that he wants out why should the club let a world class record singing leave instead of believing in him. To me this is clearly van gaals decision
He was supposed to be a guaranteed starter. Unfortunately, he didn't acclimatise fast enough. I do agree we should give him another season. One doesn't sell a Di Maria after 1 year but as I said, the club won't fight to keep him if he wants to go especially as we seem to be buying pedro who is a typical van Gaal player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Even if i were to beleieve that he wants out why should the club let a world class record singing leave instead of believing in him.
Because you don't keep a player who doesn't want to be here, that's very simple.

forevrared

Even if i were to beleieve that he wants out why should the club let a world class record singing leave instead of believing in him.
Unlike De Gea, who has shown time and again he's one of the top two or three players in the world in his position, Di Maria has only shown flashes of brilliance for United and was shit more of the season than he was impressive. De Gea may not want to be here either, but his performances don't reflect that. Di Maria hasn't given a shit for ages now.

Getsme

Who needs them, I'd rather read 10 pages of endless discussion with wall of text posts of people moaning about every single player we've been linked with.
I doubt very many people read those type of posts, waste of time writing them IMO

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Bayern Munich have agreed a deal with both Juventus and Arturo Vidal. Only the medical and the contract signing left to sort out. Vidal is expected to begin training with Bayern next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.