Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Mentions Laporte here as well. Is he worth £36m? He any better than what we have?
He is the defender I wanted most (after Hummels). He is around Smalling level and has been playing on that level for more than 2 seasons. Still makes mistakes, but is quite young (only 21). A fantastic passer and a left footer. Ticks all the boxes.

I think he is the best from the young CBs around (Varane, Marquinhos, Gimenez and Stones). Always preferred him to Stones and I think that they are quite similar, but with Laporte currently being the better and more experienced player (and him being left footer).

Blackwidow

De Bruyne just said at the SportBild Awards that he will stay in Wolfsburg this season...

Sorry, City...

Revan

Assumptionman
Performed excellently against Suárez and Messi last week. He might not be better now, but he will be for sure if he keeps developing at this rate.
He is easily better than Jones, Rojo, Blind and Evans. Heck, I think that he is better than Smalling too.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Theyll probably go all out for Pedro now. Woodward better be on his game in Barcelons.

saivet

Happy De Bruyne is staying put - but yeah, they will be in for Pedro.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

De Bruyne just said at the SportBild Awards that he will stay in Wolfsburg this season...

Sorry, City...
Let's hope Woodward wraps up Pedro quickly before City try to turn his head... Not sure how much of a difference De Bruyne would have made for City anyway. They already have Silva as the 10 and Sterling on the left, a wide forward to run in behind would have a bigger impact then a creator IMO, given that Sterling's also not exactly a huge goalscorer. Obviously it would improve them, but I don't think he'd be the signing a lot would expect him to be.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
de Bruyne? Couldn't cut it at Chelsea and would have struggled to displace Navas in the current City side anyway.

Mali_Zeus

Imagine if Woody gets the Pedro deal done and then when Pedro arrives to medical all of a sudden we learn Laporte is there too just like with Schweini and Morgan. :D

Blackwidow

Bayern have contacted him then. Well, much rather he join them than city.
I think he is smart to wait a year in Wolfsburg. It will be good for his development and the bigger wage etc. does not run away. If he repeats his performance next year it will be all big clubs that will go for him - not just the big money clubs.

It is good for the league if the stars stay. And despite the big money offers they did. Schweinsteiger is a different story - he was not Bayern's main figure anymore the recent 2 years. Not on the pitch and not in marketing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.