g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Manchester United's fans comments on the bein sport tweet are really funny, all of them are sayin show the friendlies and then we might give you Di Maria as if bein are PSG. :lol:
Same owner and El Khelaifa is Bein CEO. :D

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bein sports would be reliable with anything PSG related.

Could be one of three reasons for the stall:

1. United want their fee back.
2. Di Maria wants higher wages.
3. ADM wants to stay.
Seen a few other tweets suggesting PSG are now looking at other targets. I assume we've asked for our money back and they've gone off in a huff. We'll probably accept £50m if Di Maria desperately wants to leave though.

VanGaalEra

Seen a few other tweets suggesting PSG are now looking at other targets. I assume we've asked for our money back and they've gone off in a huff. We'll probably accept £50m if Di Maria desperately wants to leave though.
Let them move onto KDB :devil:

shivab

Laughing at your posts isnt is maybe rude but its not an insult. I havent insulted you personally did I? But carry on.

If ADM isnt happy at United and wants to leave than we shouldnt hold him. He said he wants to stay but maybe he changed his opinion. PSG was his preferred destination last year anyway.

4-4-2 we played last 2 games is basically 4-4-1-1 which can easily transform to 4-2-3-1 and then 4-3-3. In all of this formations he wouldnt play LM like in the beginning for us but a left winger or a left forward.
this discussion can go on forever...laughing at my post without engaging in a discussion is insulting my intelligence and therefore is personal isnt it!

like i said. he can play on the left of midfield, in a midfield three or as a LM in our 4-4-1-1 . it would be naive to think that we will use the same system in all games. thats why we have a squad with different types of players. di maria can fit into the 4-4-1-1 or a 4-3-3 and would offer a different threat in both systems.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We're being mugged if we're letting AdM go for 65 mill euros after buying him for 65 mill pounds last year and it's bonus kick in the crotch if we end up spending 20 million pounds on Jasper Cillissen.

Cech cost Arsenal 10 million!!
We paid 59M for Di Maria, some of which is bonuses which haven't been met. So we are at about break even if he goes.

Cillessen is 26 whereas Cech is 33. Cillessen is the starting keeper (and player of the year) for Ajax. Cech was a bench warmer. Cech also only wanted to stay in London thus reducing his market value further.

The fee I saw for Cillessen was 20M euros.

Sid234

Firstly he cost £59.7m. Secondly as people have said that included bonuses which we wont have to pay if he leaves. We will recoup mostly what we paid for him upfront. As for the second part, Im scared of that as well.
I know, just venting at how propesterous the whole situation is. We have no need to sell Di Maria, so we should have the upper hand in negotiations and PSG should be paying what we demand, instead of us accepting a low ball bid.

Will Singh

di maria, de gea, rvp, falcao out ----pedro cillisen in....thats utter rubbish. if we dont sign bale or ronaldo or some big player then united fans will have huge complaints and rightly so.
We've gone from a piss poor midfield to one of the best so why 'huge complaints'? Also out of your list of outs only De Gea was one of the first names on the starting line up.

I think we need to trust the club and LVG to get us back to winning ways, it cant be easy having star players wanting to leave for personal reasons rather then footballing as they are also humans and want the best for themselves and families just like any of us.

Sid234

We paid 59M for Di Maria, some of which is bonuses which haven't been met. So we are at about break even if he goes.

Cillessen is 26 whereas Cech is 33. Cillessen is the starting keeper (and player of the year) for Ajax. Cech was a bench warmer. Cech also only wanted to stay in London thus reducing his market value further.

The fee I saw for Cillessen was 20M euros.
Cech was warming the bench for one of the best keepers in the league. In no way does that make any worse a GK. He might be 33 but he's still up there with the best, and Chelsea were lucky to have two superb GK's last season. Cech is a much much better GK than Cillissen, and with GK's older usually means better. I'm sure I don't need to bring out the Van der Sar card to make my point.

2E_MUFC

Didn't ADM speak about becoming a legend here? After getting the number 7 shirt. I don't think he wants to leave yet IMO

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Cech was warming the bench for one of the best keepers in the league. In no way does that make any worse a GK. He might be 33 but he's still up there with the best, and Chelsea were lucky to have two superb GK's last season. Cech is a much much better GK than Cillissen, and with GK's older usually means better. I'm sure I don't need to bring out the Van der Sar card to make my point.
But nothing you say addresses the actual point about price.

- Cech may have been warming the bench for one of the best keepers in the league, but he's still warming the bench. Hence only needs to be replaced with a back up.
- No-one commented on his quality. He's obviously top class.
- His age is relevant when determining a price because (a) he has little resale value (b) he has less playable years left at the top level.
- We signed Van Der Sar when he was 34 for 2M.
- There are some top keepers over 34/35 but in reality its relatively few. They have greater longevity than outfield players for sure.

Empire

Casillas card neutralises van der sar card.

Cmz'

Tbf if we really do want to recoup our money then given the reported bids, I'm not surprised its broken down. Still, I expect it's some sort of ploy to get di maria to force his exit

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Didn't ADM speak about becoming a legend here? After getting the number 7 shirt. I don't think he wants to leave yet IMO
Valencia probably did too, what players say in situations like that doesn't really mean much. However I think what Di Maria said not too long ago was sincere where he described his frustration with his first season but wanting to improve and give back to the club or something. He said it before all the rumours came out, probably just because he felt like he needed to explain the shite season he just had.

He'll stay imo, too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
di maria, de gea, rvp, falcao out ----pedro cillisen in....thats utter rubbish. if we dont sign bale or ronaldo or some big player then united fans will have huge complaints and rightly so.
Please improve the quality of your posts.

hobbers

If De Gea leaves we get Ramos. If Di Maria leaves we get Pedro. Neither is a bad trade if you consider the circumstances ie. Di Maria not fitting in, De Gea not wanting to be here, Pedro and Ramos being two quality players

As a winger Di Maria is deemed not even an upgrade on Ashley Young, so swapping him for Pedro would hardly be a step backwards.

Last edited:

NK86

€35m is more than fair for De Gea. I'd rather have Navas long term plus spend the extra €25m on a defender. We will be better off with Navas and Otamendi (or Ramos) for the next 4-5 years than De Gea for a year.
That would mean about 14 million pounds for DDG + Navas. I don't think that is a fair deal at all. Madrid wants rid of Navas if they get DDG. It is not like we will be getting a player which they want to keep. If we get 25 million pounds and Navas in exchange, then it wouls be a fairer deal, else we will be ripped off I feel. After all our posturing for Ramos, it will look like we have had to back down and I don't want to see that happen.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Benitez: Ramos will 100% stay at Real Madrid
Those statements in front of press have no value ,he must transmit confidence and security, besides what is he supposed to say? "I doubt it we are looking for a replacement "?.

FujiVice

Those statements in front of press have no value ,he must transmit confidence and security, besides what is he supposed to say? "I doubt it we are looking for a replacement "?.
Yeah. Also, if Ramos leaves Madrid for United the spin will be that he forced the move, not Madrid. So as of this moment Benitez is bound to say he'll have Ramos next season. Madrid arent the ones looking to sell. Everyone is playing the game. I doubt anything Van Gaal or Benitez says should be taken as anything credible when it comes to transfers. Neither are going to say anything they dont want us to hear.

ChaddyP

He can just cop out and say" it's a process "

At least that's better than brendas we " I have no idea what you are talking about "

Kakeru

Di Maria is a pussy if he runs off to the French league after one season here.
Even the word "pussy" would be too gentle to describe him if he runs off to PSG. A spineless coward would be the right adjective in his case.

Last edited:

Stretford Red1978

Valencia probably did too, what players say in situations like that doesn't really mean much. However I think what Di Maria said not too long ago was sincere where he described his frustration with his first season but wanting to improve and give back to the club or something. He said it before all the rumours came out, probably just because he felt like he needed to explain the shite season he just had.

He'll stay imo, too.
Yeah I remember that interview as well. The way I see it is this, if he goes of his own accord then he has no balls, if he stays then he obviously wants to try and prove himself. Let's face it this guy is an amazing footballer and you cannot judge someone from one season, De Gea was shocking for the first couple of seasons and is now one of the best goal keepers in the world.
To me what's happening is that PSG have had FFP lifted and are trying to sign him in a desperate attempt to get their man they wanted last season. Pretty pathetic if you ask me but let's face it they are not exactly a world name in football achievement, they are just rich!
Now if LVG doesn't fancy him then there is nothing anyone can do about it! He's the manager. Obviously we can attract some amazing talent, look at what we've brought in so far! I don't want him to leave (I have him on my shirt :houllier:) and he was one of my favourite players in La Ligue. Also if I remember correctly it took him a couple of seasons at RM to become what he was in his last season before he left. Nothing is as fans can do about it though, ultimately!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.