Transfer Tweets - Summer 2015 | Stop Spamming - Discussion Should Relate to Tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Every year they show nice form in the spring, prior to that they usually have a dip in form though.
Spot on. They do it every season. And to be fair, if we weren't so hell bent on possession football over creating chances, we'd have finished third.

Question234

Every year they show nice form in the spring, prior to that they usually have a dip in form though.
but the last two years their squad has improved.

Arsenal have made improvements, they are very minor but benzema is a good enough addition to push them to that next level.

he's easily top 4 strikers in the world atm. They're still a few defensive injuries away from fecking it up.

RedStarUnited

Spot on. They do it every season. And to be fair, if we weren't so hell bent on possession football over creating chances, we'd have finished third.
People make it seem as if we were so far behind Arsenal last year. They finished 5 points ahead of us...five!

If arsenal challenge, we challenge with them.

prath92

If he's going to leave, then surely Madrid would want to work a deal with us. We have De Gea, after all; and they probably don't need the money from Arsenal.
They may want to but they can't force the player. Liverpool wanted Sanchez but couldn't get a swap deal of sorts for suarez. Plus they may prefer to wait for next season to get de gea for free now that they have casilla.

Ultimately it depends on benzema

Di Maria's angel

People make it seem as if we were so far behind Arsenal last year. They finished 5 points ahead of us...five!

If arsenal challenge, we challenge with them.
Exactly, we've a better team than club that finished 5 points ahead of us. Even if they add Benzema, we'll still be on par with them. Keep di Maria and buy a CB, we'll challenge for the league (if LvG sorts his sh*t out).

Bwuk

Benzema would be tremendous. I hope to god he isn't going to Arsenal.

Di Maria's angel

Would be awesome
I wouldn't mind Benzema, but I'm truly not fussed. I trust Rooney, and I just can't see where we'll fit in another striker. No matter what we've seen in pre season, we'll be playing 4-3-3 and, if we keep di Maria or buy a decent replacement, we'll have plenty of options going forward.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
45m would be roughly break even for us imo, since we allegedly didn't pay Madrid the entire 60m upfront.
According to whom? United listed the fee as £59.7m on their own site. Even if we were meant to pay in installments, we would have to pay it all off, you can't just get out of paying the fee owed by selling the player on. Unless its performance related add ons.

Anyway according to andersred, last year united's accounts showed a spend of £180m, that's got to have been spent on something.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
According to whom? United listed the fee as £59.7m on their own site. Even if we were meant to pay in installments, we would have to pay it all off, you can't just get out of paying the fee owed by selling the player on. Unless its performance related add ons.

Anyway according to andersred, last year united accounts showed a spend of £180m, that's got to come from somewhere.
The number accepted within the journo community is 45m with the rest contingent on various things (probably appearances, performance etc)

MarkC

If there is any chance of him going i'd be surprised if we were not in for him. Fits the criteria as a winner, better than what we have(debatable but as close as we will get).

I'll be honest I rated him as a finisher but have never really thought he stands out for Madrid as being that good. Even when he was younger I didn't really get the hype. Watching him for France at the World Cup last year it was easy to see the talent he has. Would be great in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.