g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Dong Fangzhuo

50 mill is part of inflation,the markets gone mad.

I agree he is a better player but I don't see him signing for us therefore not getable.
So far we have only media gossip to suggest the market has gone THAT mad. No average players have actually been signed for such absurd sums yet, but somehow a lot of people seem to have normalized 50m fees for squad players already.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
So far we have only media gossip to suggest the market has gone THAT mad. No average players have actually been signed for such absurd sums yet, but somehow a lot of people seem to have normalized 50m fees for squad players already.
60 mill was being quoted for Van Dijk,Pretty sure Troy Deeney had a ridiculous price quoted last season,Everton want 80 mill for Lukaku..
Anyway this thread is for tweets so I'm not derailing the thread.

Dong Fangzhuo

60 mill was being quoted for Van Dijk,Pretty sure Troy Deeney had a ridiculous price quoted last season,Everton want 80 mill for Lukaku..
Anyway this thread is for tweets so I'm not derailing the thread.
Yeah, all media gossip until a transfer actually happens at those prices.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I worry Southampton will just turn into Swansea at their turnover rate.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Pathetic. 8th place and a cup final, not sure they could ask for more. Now I know that this has more than success to it, but I feckin' hate how some clubs treat their managers.
The fans had turned on him a while back. Some of their thoughts:

I will fondly remember the cup run but the way he set out, especially at home, was inexcusable.

When you're winning a corner at home to Hull or Bournemouth and end up passing it back to your own 'keeper it makes for some pretty boring viewing.
I feel a bit bad for being pleased, he's probably a decent bloke, but **** me most of what we saw at home was bloody boring, negative, awful.
Good riddance Claude, you were probably a nice bloke but watching saints felt like a chore at times last season. Roll on next season....
Never the right fit imo but he did his best. The football was boring though.
https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?58451-Puel-Sacked-Official#.WUGmRoqQyRt

When the fans and players turn on manager, only one thing'll happen.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Pathetic. 8th place and a cup final, not sure they could ask for more. Now I know that this has more than success to it, but I feckin' hate how some clubs treat their managers.
5th place and an FA Cup was not enough for LVG to keep his job, so why would Puel?! His football is far more dire..

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How Southampton performed in the Cup final was the exception rather than the rule to how they played in the rest of the games. Similar attitude in their other games and their fan base probably would have been happy enough.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
How Southampton performed in the Cup final was the exception rather than the rule to how they played in the rest of the games. Similar attitude in their other games and their fan base probably would have been happy enough.
They gave Liverpool a good smashing in the semi's too.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Is a reporter from Talksport a reliable source?

Edit: Forget it. I clicked his profile and he's sent 4 tweets.

Cloud7

I dont get why people get on Pilib de Brun's dick the way they tend to. Doesnt seem to be a muppet at all. Always says "this is what I've been told" followed by a reason why said thing could happen and also has a lot of people within the game (including ex-United employees) as regulars on his podcast. The fact he was spot on about everything last year has given him a pass as well.
Think people tend to take this transfer stuff too seriously, so get emotionally wound up when someone claims to have heard something.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Following transfer rumours on Twitter is sickening. Tweets are now spewing out about Fabinho joining Atleti, including pictures of him in their strip etc with the plan for him to move in January. All on the back of Jorge Mendes having dinner with Atleti president.

Part of me just wants to sleep for a month, then check the news.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
I worry Southampton will just turn into Swansea at their turnover rate.
Southampton have a highly competent and rigorous structure for recruitment of both players and managers. Swansea had a bunch of (initially well-meaning) chancers who kept throwing sixes and believed their own hype, before selling out the supporters trust. However, they did realise (if only in part) the error of their ways this season and went back on an insane decision to appoint Bob Bradley just in time.

Not one of Southampton's managers has been poor, and this is the first one they have sacked since Nigel Adkins, who also did well for them. They replaced him with one of the best youngmanagers in Europe. If their next appointment is a poor one, they have a pretty decent margin for error.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

haram

Style of play, the feeling within the dressing room, the feeling within the stands also has to be considered. They had a good season but it doesn't necessarily mean the following year will be the same. They probably feel this is the peak with Puel and that they'll regress if they keep him. Sad for the guy though obviously, but that's the way it goes.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Style of play, the feeling within the dressing room, the feeling within the stands also has to be considered. They had a good season but it doesn't necessarily mean the following year will be the same. They probably feel this is the peak with Puel and that they'll regress if they keep him. Sad for the guy though obviously, but that's the way it goes.
Fair enough. It's just fecked up how easily managers get tossed aside.

prtk0811

5th place and an FA Cup was not enough for LVG to keep his job, so why would Puel?! His football is far more dire..
Because mourinho was available and lvg was on his last year as a professional contract before retirement.

Will Singh

Following transfer rumours on Twitter is sickening. Tweets are now spewing out about Fabinho joining Atleti, including pictures of him in their strip etc with the plan for him to move in January. All on the back of Jorge Mendes having dinner with Atleti president.

Part of me just wants to sleep for a month, then check the news.
I plan to do just that every transfer window but find myself on this thread and on twitter every 30 minutes!!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Southampton have a highly competent and rigorous structure for recruitment of both players and managers. Swansea had a bunch of (initially well-meaning) chancers who kept throwing sixes and believed their own hype, before selling out the supporters trust. However, they did realise (if only in part) the error of their ways this season and went back on an insane decision to appoint Bob Bradley just in time.

Not one of Southampton's managers has been poor, and this is the first one they have sacked since Nigel Adkins, who also did well for them. They replaced him with one of the best youngmanagers in Europe. If their next appointment is a poor one, they have a pretty decent margin for error.
Good post, especially on noting they didn't sack anyone since Adkins.