Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

cyberman

This is quite right. I don't get the constant references in this thread to banning tweets from certain individuals and organisations when we all know that the vast majority of transfer related tweets are pure fabrication whoever is doing the tweeting.
Isn't it because known bullshiters clog up the thread and the mods don't want to give these clowns the publicity?
Many meltdowns on here have been triggered by wanting to believe bullshit about signing Fabinho / Silva etc.
There's no real point in referencing them tbh

Dolf

Nelson Semedo would be a good signing. Could learn a few things from Valencia while he gradually plays more and more. Semedo is fast. As fast as Walker and Bellerin.

Shuriken

Just a general observation: it's almost unbelievable how easy bullshit gets reported and published these days. And worse, bullshit that some how are viewed as legitimate by some.

Quite extraordinary really.

Of course, it's not limited to just sports media, and it's not new… but jesus, so many "sources" and "reports" and "according to". Such is the extent of availability these days that you can just about make up anything as long as you have a social media account with a blue tick. And once the sharing gets going, it's a credible story, based on nothing else whatsoever.

If even a tenth (1/10) of the "reported" deals go through, I will be surprised. I doubt that a tenth of these are even being negotiated or discussed.

Inter Yer Nan

Just a general observation: it's almost unbelievable how easy bullshit gets reported and published these days. And worse, bullshit that some how are viewed as legitimate by some.

Quite extraordinary really.

Of course, it's not limited to just sports media, and it's not new… but jesus, so many "sources" and "reports" and "according to". Such is the extent of availability these days that you can just about make up anything as long as you have a social media account with a blue tick. And once the sharing gets going, it's a credible story, based on nothing else whatsoever.

If even a tenth (1/10) of the "reported" deals go through, I will be surprised. I doubt that a tenth of these are even being negotiated or discussed.
I'd say if 1/30 reported deals go through that's a surprise. Wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 1/100.

Shuriken

I'd say if 1/30 reported deals go through that's a surprise. Wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 1/100.
You are absolutely right. I undervalued the amount of bullshit, clearly. 1/100 does seem the most accurate actually.

To put it in another way: it's a fecking joke really.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barsa rejected 35 m€ for Gomes (a Premier League team)

Von Mistelroum

I'm confused at the hate for Andre Gomes. He's a good player who found it hard to adapt as a squad player. For £30m or so, someone will get a great deal

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
At this stage we can add Sky Sports to the banned list. Been a steady stream of bullshit all summer so far starting with the De Gea £60 million bid from Real Madrid.

Dong Fangzhuo

Gomes' stats are poor, even in his last Valencia season. Dribbling seems to be the only thing he does at an above avg level.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cristiano will bring a PSG offer to his meeting with Florentino

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Fairly sure if Barcelona would get that kind of offer for him, they'd sell him immediately.
Fairly reliable local reporter confirms the rumoured bid & refusal citing Valverde - surely the board using the new coach as a shield. Unless of course this is merely gamesmanship for an improved bid