Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Ban

It was already mentioned probably but Corriere dello sport claims we've already agreed a deal with Fabinho.

Sigma

Not official yet, but only a matter of time until its announced.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't think Monaco will sell both Fabinho and Bakayoko so it'll be either

Fabinho to us

OR

Bakayoko to Chelsea and Matic to us

Depending which club pulls their finger out and does the deal with Monaco first.

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Fabinho to us

OR

Depending which club pulls their finger out and does the deal with Monaco first.
Second scenario seems more likely.

dichinero

Fabinho to us

OR

Haven't they signed 2 CMs already? That would not make it impossible, especially when PL clubs will be looking to spend a ton. Besides, Monaco know how to recruit players where necessary.

tomaldinho1

BBC confirming it as well so must be legit

Anyone followed him in Italy? Apparently has become a very good player but I have zero reference points

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm curious about the fee. A lot of people have it down as £31m which could rise to £34.3 which would be an excellent piece of business. Some just say £34m and a few even talk about £39 but even then I'm more than happy we got him irrespective of the price.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Find it strange that they spend so much on someone occupying the same position as Mane, and who also will go to the AFCON.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

Anyone followed him in Italy? Apparently has become a very good player but I have zero reference points
Very fast on the right wing, skilled as a scorer, not so useful in the build up.

dichinero

I watched him more in the previous season before the last than this one gone and I'll admit that he really impressed me considering the shambles of a time at Chelsea and his age. He is back in the PL and if he can replicate anything close to his Roma form then Liverpool have done well. Only time will tell, obviously.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Find it strange that they spend so much on someone occupying the same position as Mane, and who also will go to the AFCON.
Guessing the plan is to have them on different wings and Coutinho behind Firmino with Lallana as a bench option. Would need a better midfield two than the options they currently have though.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Mané was out for over two months last season and it had a huge affect on performances. Klopp wants a squad of high quality depth especially with CL. I'm sure he can get them both on the pitch.

As for AFCON, I'd be amazed if that issue is left unattended come January 2019.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma

Gutted to sell him. Liverpool have signed a very good player who is has a lot of pace to kill. If people thought they were quick on the counter with someone like Mane, just wait till you see Salah run on the counter attack with Sadio. Also I'd certainly say he's a better finisher than Mane as well.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Guessing the plan is to have them on different wings and Coutinho behind Firmino with Lallana as a bench option. Would need a better midfield two than the options they currently have though.
I didn't think either were very comfortable on the LW (?)

Besides losing your two starting wingers every other year for AFCON is hardly ideal, and yeah, like you say they would need something better than a Can and Henderson midfield two to accomodate that.

Lallana was great for them this year though, would find it strange if he was totally displaced.

oh well, they got klopp, la.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Gutted to sell him. Liverpool have signed a very good player who is has a lot of pace to kill. If people thought they were quick on the counter with someone like Mane, just wait till you see Salah run on the counter attack with Sadio. Also I'd certainly say he's a better finisher than Mane as well.
Mh, better shot, but not a better finisher imho

Faster though. Definitely faster

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
I'm curious about the fee. A lot of people have it down as £31m which could rise to £34.3 which would be an excellent piece of business. Some just say £34m and a few even talk about £39 but even then I'm more than happy we got him irrespective of the price.
This is the official fee:
http://www.asroma.com/en/news/2017/6/roma-and-liverpool-agree-salah-transfer

Roma is quoted on the stock exchange so they must reveal the fee for any operation

€ 42 mln + € 8 mln bonus

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool