Transgender rights discussion

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Montana Governor Signs Gender-Affirming Care Ban Despite Nonbinary Son's Pleas

It is hard enough being LGBT in these red states especially, with relentless culture war attacks and laws aimed at them. Being demonized and having your identity challenged and attacked even as the individual struggles to realize who they are themselves. Then you have the people that should be there to help you figure it all out, your own parents actively coming after you with punitive draconian laws. I mean his own father is the governor and he begged him to veto it. These people are disgusting, when they would rather see their children suffer and be maligned and made out to be some "grooming" , potential bathroom stalkers or whatever their silly narrative is to just attack LGBT.

Trans issues are getting the highlight right now. But, these people have made no secret that they will circle back on punitive attempts on all LGBT if allowed.
Yep, they are focused on the ‘T’ right now, but they are learning vis à vis how to attack the trans community successfully & none of the letters of the acronym will be safe.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The conservative movement has fully turned to a platform of cruelty and hate. There is no longer any pretense of just or inclusive governing. They gain and retain power by leaning into a rage cycle that must be constantly fed new victims so that their voters remain loyal and engaged. They have been trained that the ills in their life cannot be fixed, but that at least they can punish those who they are told are the "cause" of those ills. I look back on my early 20's when I thought the conservative mindset was right and proper and I am disgusted with myself. What a petty and cruel person I was and still could be had I not left my little Catholic, conservative bubble and moved across the country.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There are large swaths of this country which are worthless & inhabited by mainly worthless people…

entropy

This cat's a national treasure...

he was good during the bush years and his show along with the colbert report were doing something which no other media outlet did at the time. he has a lot of goodwill amongst the public from those days. he is a good interviewer and does a decent job pointing out the problems but offers nothing in terms of solutions. he’s better than most liberal media figures but still a liberal at the end of the day.

nickm

he was good during the bush years and his show along with the colbert report were doing something which no other media outlet did at the time. he has a lot of goodwill amongst the public from those days. he is a good interviewer and does a decent job pointing out the problems but offers nothing in terms of solutions. he’s better than most liberal media figures but still a liberal at the end of the day.
Why is it his job to provide solutions? His job is to hold people who say they have the solutions, to account. To say, “what you claim, doesn’t work, you need to come back with something better”.

entropy

Why is it his job to provide solutions? His job is to hold people who say they have the solutions, to account. To say, “what you claim, doesn’t work, you need to come back with something better”.
how exactly is he holding them accountable? most of these interviews are just political theatre and lead to absolutely nothing. pointing out the hypocrisy of the right or playing this gotcha game with them only leads to legitimize their position further and does nothing in terms of stopping the hatful rhetoric they spread everyday. it is also a such a stupid and naive way of looking at politics. I think it can be more useful use of his platform to discuss solutions. but that would require him to stop being a liberal.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
how exactly is he holding them accountable? most of these interviews are just political theatre and lead to absolutely nothing. pointing out the hypocrisy of the right or playing this gotcha game with them only leads to legitimize their position further and does nothing in terms of stopping the hatful rhetoric they spread everyday. it is also a such a stupid and naive way of looking at politics. I think it can be more useful use of his platform to discuss solutions. but that would require him to stop being a liberal.
So, in your view, which segment of the political spectrum is best equipped to both hold those who are anti-trans to account & deliver solutions for them?

entropy

So, in your view, which segment of the political spectrum is best equipped to both hold those who are anti-trans to account & deliver solutions for them?
I think it’s a bit too late for that because liberals had the chance to stand up for trans people when the issue was becoming a major political debate. now a lot of states have passed anti-trans legislation and ensured trans people get little or no legal protection. we can argue endlessly and have multiple gotcha interviews but that would mean nothing to someone living in these states where identifying as trans is punishable by law.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think it’s a bit too late for that because liberals had the chance to stand up for trans people when the issue was becoming a major political debate. now a lot of states have passed anti-trans legislation and ensured trans people get little or no legal protection. we can argue endlessly and have multiple gotcha interviews but that would mean nothing to someone living in these states where identifying as trans is punishable by law.
Appreciate the reply, but my question wasn't really answered. Unless you mean that the problem is too far gone for any segment of the political left to even attempt it a solution?

entropy

Appreciate the reply, but my question wasn't really answered. Unless you mean that the problem is too far gone for any segment of the political left to even attempt it a solution?
yes, it is too far gone. for the left to tackle the issue would require liberals to come to terms with their own anti-trans views which have enabled the anti-trans rhetoric from the right to flourish, which is something that’ll never happen.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
yes, it is too far gone. for the left to tackle the issue would require liberals to come to terms with their own anti-trans views which have enabled the anti-trans rhetoric from the right to flourish, which is something that’ll never happen.
Ever the cheery nihilist, you are.

entropy

Ever the cheery nihilist, you are.
this is kinda the reason why I didn’t answer your question earlier. besides the fact that the question was mostly an imaginary scenario that would never actually happen. liberals love doing this schtick after all the damage is done, “so what do you suggest” or “you’re so cynical” when all along the solution was right in front of them and they were happy to ignore it, which was to listen to trans people.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
this is kinda the reason why I didn’t answer your question earlier. besides the fact that the question was mostly an imaginary scenario that would never actually happen. liberals love doing this schtick after all the damage is done, “so what do you suggest” or “you’re so cynical” when all along the solution was right in front of them and they were happy to ignore it, which was to listen to trans people.
You rarely seem to answer questions posed to you. The question was rather straightforward as to who you feel could best champion the trans cause if liberals couldn’t. You tend to bloviate in your replies to a direct question.

Where do you see yourself on the political spectrum?

entropy

You rarely seem to answer questions posed to you. The question was rather straightforward as to who you feel could best champion the trans cause if liberals couldn’t. You tend to bloviate in your replies to a direct question.

Where do you see yourself on the political spectrum?
I did answer your question. I think you are better off asking yourself what asking this question is supposed to achieve and why does it always strike me to ask this question after the damage is done.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I did answer your question. I think you are better off asking yourself what asking this question is supposed to achieve and why does it always strike me to ask this question after the damage is done.
Nah, you responded, but didn’t answer. There’s a difference.

So, about that location on the political spectrum again?

entropy

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christ, I thought you were joking about that, hence my pithy reply. I was referring to your non-answer on what segment of left politics would be the ones to come up with solutions.

That’s surreal that you think it’s too far gone. Genuinely gobsmacked that you would think such.

What’s that location then?

entropy

why would I joke about something so horrendous? you yourself have posted multiple tweets regarding anti-trans legislation being passed every other week. it's kinda incredible that you think it isn't far too gone yet.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
why would I joke about something so horrendous? you yourself have posted multiple tweets regarding anti-trans legislation being passed every other week. it's kinda incredible that you think it isn't far too gone yet.
It never goes too far to not to try to reverse it.

You claimed that liberals can’t / won’t do the heavy lifting after calling out someone for being anti-trans, but you won’t give who can. Hell, I apologize for thinking you made a quip to a somewhat sardonic question asked by me; you truly do seem to be a nihilist. We should all just give up then.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Out of curiosity, how do you see that happening? Looking from the outside, I see one party doing whatever it takes to feck people over and the other side soft as feck. I don't see the democrats with 10% of the energy republicans put into these issues, so it's hard to see how it's going to get better.

entropy

You claimed that liberals can’t / won’t do the heavy lifting after calling out someone for being anti-trans, but you won’t give who can. Hell, I apologize for thinking you made a quip to a somewhat sardonic question asked by me; you truly do seem to be a nihilist. We should all just give up then.
when and how do you see it happening?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Out of curiosity, how do you see that happening? Looking from the outside, I see one party doing whatever it takes to feck people over and the other side soft as feck. I don't see the democrats with 10% of the energy republicans put into these issues, so it's hard to see how it's going to get better.
Might ultimately break down to states being pro / con LGBTQ rights due to political makeup of state legislatures, but people like Stewart are doing the issue a service by speaking truth to power & illuminating such. It will have to take hold at a more grassroots level, but similarities exist with the common sense gun control advocates who actually got their bill through committee this evening in Texas of all places. A element of critical mass will need to be reached in the struggle for gay rights like it hopefully reaching in the gun control saga & people like JS will be important in approaching that.

Now as for solutions, I’m not erudite enough to offer much in terms of specificity, but they will ultimately have to come from liberals.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Man abducted and sexually assaulted schoolgirl while dressed as woman

A man has admitted abducting a primary school girl while dressed as a woman before sexually assaulting her at his home in the Scottish Borders.
Andrew Miller, who is also known as Amy George, offered to give the girl a lift home in February of this year.
The 53-year-old instead drove her to his own house, took her into a bedroom and refused to let her leave.
He then subjected her to a series of sexual assaults over the course of the next 27 hours.

Man abducted and sexually assaulted schoolgirl while dressed as woman - BBC News

This is so f'd up.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak

A man has admitted abducting a primary school girl while dressed as a woman before sexually assaulting her at his home in the Scottish Borders.
Andrew Miller, who is also known as Amy George, offered to give the girl a lift home in February of this year.
The 53-year-old instead drove her to his own house, took her into a bedroom and refused to let her leave.
He then subjected her to a series of sexual assaults over the course of the next 27 hours.

Man abducted and sexually assaulted schoolgirl while dressed as woman - BBC News

This is so f'd up.
A rapist is a rapist, regardless of sex or gender

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

This is so f'd up.
Christ that's horrible.

Tell me, what does it have to do with transgender rights?

ShinjiNinja26

This is so f'd up.
Dirty fecking beast!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Christ that's horrible.

Tell me, what does it have to do with transgender rights?
This is the only thread to my mind which is about transgender discussion on the board.