Transgender rights discussion

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
You’re right that this is the case, the people who champion him are weirdos. It’s just that with some of the others, I can usually see one thing about them. Like Crowder is kind of well built (with a t shirt on), Shapiro talks really fast, Peterson probably seems wise to the lad who thinks going a week without masturbating is going to unlock his potential, but Walsh is so nondescript. He just has a punchable face which is par for the course with these guys. Although tbh when I was listing the right wing grifters I was struggling hard to add any more in with a trait that made them stand out, and I was scraping the barre already with talks fast and makes no *** guys feel good, so this was a lot of words to say yeah you were right.

Edit: why is the three letter word for wank filtered :lol:
I am racking my brain for what word you mean.

edit: tug?

Mike Smalling

You’re right that this is the case, the people who champion him are weirdos. It’s just that with some of the others, I can usually see one thing about them. Like Crowder is kind of well built (with a t shirt on), Shapiro talks really fast, Peterson probably seems wise to the lad who thinks going a week without masturbating is going to unlock his potential, but Walsh is so nondescript. He just has a punchable face which is par for the course with these guys.
100% agree with this. I’ve often wondered what the appeal of Matt Walsh is. Crowder is edgelord humor for teens with a bit of propaganda. Shapiro is faux intellectualism and owning college students in debates. Peterson is faux philosophy and self-help. Walsh just looks like a nonce and seems a bit smug.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I am racking my brain for what word you mean.

edit: tug?
Tug was actually a cracking shout but as Dwazza said it’s F ap. And before a mod comes at me for bypassing the filter I want it on the record that it’s outrageous it’s filtered. I don’t want to live on a planet where you can’t say *** but you can shout Siuuuuu as much as you want

100% agree with this. I’ve often wondered what the appeal of Matt Walsh is. Crowder is edgelord humor for teens with a bit of propaganda. Shapiro is faux intellectualism and owning college students in debates. Peterson is faux philosophy and self-help. Walsh just looks like a nonce and seems a bit smug.
That’s a much better summary of what those three tossers offer up than I gave. They’ve carved out those niches and they know their grift. I guess Walsh makes a lot of creepy comments about young girls, while talking about saving the kids. That could be his calling card.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Tug was actually a cracking shout but as Dwazza said it’s F ap. And before a mod comes at me for bypassing the filter I want it on the record that it’s outrageous it’s filtered. I don’t want to live on a planet where you can’t say *** but you can shout Siuuuuu as much as you want
To be fair, it was filtered to spare us the agony of reading page after page of posts like this all summer in the transfer forum:

any garden variety redcafe transfer muppet said:
fap fap fap
I feel like 'big day today" may be next if they can swing it.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
To be fair, it was filtered to spare us the agony of reading page after page of posts like this all summer in the transfer forum:

I feel like 'big day today" may be next if they can swing it.
I forget what animals you are

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Must make him relatable. So there’s that.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
There's a cat near us in a tiny town in NI. Requested a litter box at school, school said no, rumours of the parents suing.

I know youre not doing it but these types of discussions Shouldn't even equated to transgender kids and what they are going through.
Is this for real?!? What were they asking for? A litter box in the kids toilets that their kid could piss and shit in? That’s… quite something…
Thornhill?

I'd thought that was a hoax? Some googling suggests It may be a common enough one, also seen in Cork and corrected by the school?

Edit: Scotland too, with schools confirming it as untrue.
Sorry, late response, but yes, it's a total hoax story. It originated in Northa America, probably in Canada's Prince Edward Island to be exact, and is now being repeated by people on the right on various occasions to make a point about inclusivity or whatever gone mad. It's never been proven to be true though - which is exactly why I brought it up.

If you're interested, there's more here:
  • Background and analysis (in French): Radio-Canada article from early May
  • Reporting on that first PEI case: CBC article from October 2021
  • NBC article from October 2022: "How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point: At least 20 Republican politicians have claimed that schools are making accommodations for students who identify as cats. The school districts say these claims are untrue."

arnie_ni

Sorry, late response, but yes, it's a total hoax story. It originated in Northa America, probably in Canada's Prince Edward Island to be exact, and is now being repeated by people on the right on various occasions to make a point about inclusivity or whatever gone mad. It's never been proven to be true though - which is exactly why I brought it up.

If you're interested, there's more here:
  • Background and analysis (in French): Radio-Canada article from early May
  • Reporting on that first PEI case: CBC article from October 2021
  • NBC article from October 2022: "How an urban myth about litter boxes in schools became a GOP talking point: At least 20 Republican politicians have claimed that schools are making accommodations for students who identify as cats. The school districts say these claims are untrue."
What do you mean it's a hoax story? I'm not from the US. This is Castlederg in Northern Ireland.

Edit I see you are talking about the other poster and not myself. Carry on.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

What do you mean it's a hoax story? I'm not from the US. This is Castlederg in Northern Ireland.

I think he’s saying the same hoax took off in Norn Iron. Do you personally know anyone involved? Or did you read about it on social media?

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll

He's saying it's a made up story that originated in the US and presumably made its way over to N. Ireland. Unless you know someone involved and can confirm it first hand, I would presume its also a load of bollocks there

Duafc

Village Lemon
Yeah, if you've seen it reported in rags or seen it on TikTok and kids are all talking about it. - it's not actually a real thing.

Unless @arnie_ni has specific knowledge to share I'd presume given it's identical to instances in Scotland, the south and the US, that have all been clarified as hoaxes that it's nonsense.

I'm sure there are very genuine occasions of somewhat complicated or dramatic pronoun/gender identity issues in schools, because... young people - but this one is the most extreme version spewed out to get everyone talking and raging, great for spreading a narrative that devalues the whole conversation and reaffirms to lots of people that it's all a silly PC world, not in my day, your a boy or a girl, nonsense.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He's saying it's a made up story that originated in the US and presumably made its way over to N. Ireland. Unless you know someone involved and can confirm it first hand, I would presume its also a load of bollocks there
Sorry if it wasn't clear, but yes, exactly this. :) Except I said it probably originated in Canada. ;)

arnie_ni

I think he’s saying the same hoax took off in Norn Iron. Do you personally know anyone involved? Or did you read about it on social media?
Yeah, if you've seen it reported in rags or seen it on TikTok and kids are all talking about it. - it's not actually a real thing.

Unless @arnie_ni has specific knowledge to share I'd presume given it's identical to instances in Scotland, the south and the US, that have all been clarified as hoaxes that it's nonsense.

I'm sure there are very genuine occasions of somewhat complicated or dramatic pronoun/gender identity issues in schools, because... young people - but this one is the most extreme version spewed out to get everyone talking and raging, great for spreading a narrative that devalues the whole conversation and reaffirms to lots of people that it's all a silly PC world, not in my day, your a boy or a girl, nonsense.
Heard it directly from a parent at the school with the child in question and have since heard it from numerous other people living in and around Castlederg. I suppose that's all 2nd hand.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand anyway and it shouldnt be used to trivialise a very important issue even if it is true

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I spend today trying to explain the difference between the biological concept of sex and the sociological concept of gender to random 18 year old morons on the Dutch football forum I frequent.

Such a fullfilling experience to bestow knowledge on these young receptive amd flexible minds.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I spend today trying to explain the difference between the biological concept of sex and the sociological concept of gender to random 18 year old morons on the Dutch football forum I frequent.

Such a fullfilling experience to bestow knowledge on these young receptive amd flexible minds.
Cheating on the caf with younger Dutch teens. SHAME

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Is this for real?!? What were they asking for? A litter box in the kids toilets that their kid could piss and shit in? That’s… quite something…
It will be just as much bollocks as the US version in Maine and the UK version in Sussex which both, unsurprisingly, turned out to be complete and utter bollocks.

Pogue Mahone

They all hate you and are calling you a boomer behind your back.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
https://www.theguardian.com/society...-on-biological-sex-awarded-100000-by-tribunal

Woman who lost job after tweeting view on biological sex awarded £100,000

Award follows tribunal ruling that Maya Forstater was unfairly discriminated against because of her gender-critical beliefs

“A bigot is someone who is prejudiced or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group. I, and many other people with gender-critical beliefs, have been the victims, not the perpetrators, of discrimination fuelled by bigotry.”
feck off

fergieisold

NotThatSoph

lemons are annoying
transgender women can’t change their biological sex.
The case wasn't about that, so you can rest easy. Calling trans women men, saying it's delusional to think they're women, talking about men in dresses... That was the case.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
“A man’s internal feeling that he is a woman has no basis in material reality. She also compared self-identifying trans women to Rachel Dolezal, a white American woman who misrepresented herself as black, and described it as “a feeling in their head”.
She is clearly calling trans women men and saying it's delusional - it's there in the article