Trent Alexander-Arnold

Classical Mechanic

:houllier:

Wan Bissaka is better 1v1. TAA is miles better going forward.
Wan Bissaka is better at all the defensive aspects of the game, not just one v one situations.

TAA is almost like a playmaker at times. Liverpool always look to get a spare man in midfield to pick up the ball and initiate attacks. TAA is great at finding that first pass to that player.

I think they're both system players at the moment.

haram

Wan Bissaka is better at all the defensive aspects of the game, not just one v one situations.

TAA is almost like a playmaker at times. Liverpool always look to get a spare man in midfield to pick up the ball and initiate attacks. TAA is great at finding that first pass to that player.

I think they're both system players at the moment.
To be a top fullback you have to have a lot more going forward than Wan Bissaka has.

Classical Mechanic

To be a top fullback you have to have a lot more going forward than Wan Bissaka has.
He's a good dribbler and can go past players but hasn't show consistent end product. That said, he plays for Hodgson so has limited opportunity to get forward.

You would hope that both players improve on their weaknesses in the years to come given their age.

From an England point of view both players would be very handy in a tournament, depending on the game situation.

haram

He's a good dribbler and can go past players but hasn't show consistent end product. That said, he plays for Hodgson so has limited opportunity to get forward.

You would hope that both players improve on their weaknesses in the years to come given their age.

From an England point of view both players would be very handy in a tournament, depending on the game situation.
Van Aanholt has no problem going forward under Hodgson tbf. Two talented English fullbacks regardless.

LoveFootball

I think he'd look ordinary out of Klopp's system. Typical british FB, lots of energy, little talent but over hyped.

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
I don't get why you say he had a poor game. He was not great defensively, but rather just ok. Really good offensively though.

Both goals came from Lovren's area. TAA has nothing to do with the first one, and completely lost it in second so TAA was 1vs2.

Pav1878

I don't get why you say he had a poor game. He was not great defensively, but rather just ok. Really good offensively though.

Both goals came from Lovren's area. TAA has nothing to do with the first one, and completely lost it in second so TAA was 1vs2.
TAA was out of position for the second one

Coxy

Typical over reaction on here at the enjoyment of a Liverpool player not having a great game.

Jeffthered

He played well. Instrumental in Liverpool's response to a damn good and resilient City side. Look at his work for their goal, that was simply outstanding. We have attacking players who can't kick with both feet! Wish we had full backs playing like TAA and Robertson. They are superb to watch and great for the Premiership.

The criticism often shared on these foruns suggest a reactive mindset, based on what is seen in one aspect of one game. People quote stats etc, and show a limited knowledge of the game. How many threads on here are all about ' who we should buy next...' It is very rarely about coaching at all.

Klopp is not stupid, he sees the talent and potential in this player.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think (and hope) he will be our box-to-box CM in a couple of years, unless he himself wants to keep playing at RB. Gerrard also played that position for us a few times when he started out in the first team.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has potential to be top right back & he has great passing skills. I won't be surprised if he also end up becomes a midfielder.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He’s poor at sensing danger over his shoulder and this is an area both Rashford and Sane exposed in big away games for Liverpool in the past two seasons. Sane skipped by him many times last night, and had he made better decisions on those occasions, City would’ve scored a couple more.

simplyared

He’s poor at sensing danger over his shoulder and this is an area both Rashford and Sane exposed in big away games for Liverpool in the past two seasons. Sane skipped by him many times last night, and had he made better decisions on those occasions, City would’ve scored a couple more.
The form Sane was in last night, he'd have "skipped" past anybody!

Shinjch

Harsh having a go at him when coming up against Sane, not an easy proposition for any seasoned right back. He still impressed me with his courage on the ball, very rarely looks to take the easy pass on and always looking to feed into the danger area. Even in a big game against a well coached midfield unit he was able to play incisive passes into his front two.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Anyone else think the way he strikes the ball is Beckham-esque?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone else think the way he strikes the ball is Beckham-esque?
He's got the similar manner of being able to hit it in front of his marker to get it past him and being confident that it will curl to where it needs to go.

Obviously not quite the same quality or consistency in his delivery but if he can keep it up from the last few games, he's going places soon.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Will be playing championship football before long.
Wow!

Wanted to say, 6 assists and a goal in 20 starts in the prem. Coming along nicely; A few injuries here and there but has had a consistent season which is impressive for a 20 year old. Should really be England's starting RB.

Nickosaur

Wow!

Wanted to say, 6 assists and a goal in 20 starts in the prem. Coming along nicely; A few injuries here and there but has had a consistent season which is impressive for a 20 year old. Should really be England's starting RB.
I've been far more impressed with Wan-Bissaka. Obviously he's nowhere near as good as TAA going forward (although he's definitely improving that aspect of his game) but the way he completely shuts down that left wing for the opposition is brilliant. He's rarely been beaten all season.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The consistency in his delivery is a bit frustrating. One week he looks awesome, curling wonderful crosses and basically playmaking from right back. Then the next week he overhits every damn ball.

He'll be outstanding when he sorts it out though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I've been far more impressed with Wan-Bissaka. Obviously he's nowhere near as good as TAA going forward (although he's definitely improving that aspect of his game) but the way he completely shuts down that left wing for the opposition is brilliant. He's rarely been beaten all season.
I think both of them will end up in a midfield roll sooner or later. Too much quality on the ball to stay at RB their entire career, just like Lahm (obviously not the same level though) and Kimmich for example. TAA played midfield for us in the youth ranks as well.

I really hope we're in for Wan-Bissaka as a holding midfielder and emergency RB this summer. I'd say around £40m would be enough for him.

Skills

Snitch
I think both of them will end up in a midfield roll sooner or later. Too much quality on the ball to stay at RB their entire career, just like Lahm (obviously not the same level though) and Kimmich for example. TAA played midfield for us in the youth ranks as well.

I really hope we're in for Wan-Bissaka as a holding midfielder and emergency RB this summer. I'd say around £40m would be enough for him.
Kimmich moved from midfield to full back. In fact the way teams are set up now, you're more likely to see that move the other way.

Righteous Steps

Have you watch wan Bissaka he has nowhere near the quality to play midfield.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Kimmich moved from midfield to full back. In fact the way teams are set up now, you're more likely to see that move the other way.
Just checked and you're right yeah, although he's still playing as a midfielder for Germany it seems, and he's recently expressed his desire to play as a 6 for Bayern as well.

I thought he was the same age as Wan-Bissaka or TAA to be fair, but he's already 24. Still think he has the quality to do so.

Have you watch wan Bissaka he has nowhere near the quality to play midfield.
Read somewhere that he started as a midfielder in their youth academy - it's only his breakthrough year right now, I think he has enough quality and room for improvement to be an excellent defensive midfielder.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’s come on leaps and bounds recently. Everything about his game has just had a touch more polish to it... remember watching him live v Napoli and thinking he still looks a work in progress but fair play to him he seems to be getting his head down and working on his game.

Skills

Snitch
He’s come on leaps and bounds recently. Everything about his game has just had a touch more polish to it... remember watching him live v Napoli and thinking he still looks a work in progress but fair play to him he seems to be getting his head down and working on his game.
He looked very promising last season too. That's what happens if you invest in quality, talented young players. By invest, I mean giving them the thing they really need - quality game time and overlooking the occasional brainfart. Rather than wasting it on players you know definitely shouldn't feature in your immediate to long term future but are 'solid'. See Young and Valencia.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The consistency in his delivery is a bit frustrating. One week he looks awesome, curling wonderful crosses and basically playmaking from right back. Then the next week he overhits every damn ball.

He'll be outstanding when he sorts it out though.
My thoughts exactly. I forget which game it was when he tried some daft cross field ball across the back line and gave it straight to the oppo. Next game he’ll be spraying it to feet for fun. Very exciting attacking full back for you. Could be very similar in style to Marcelo if he keeps improving.

Trizy

I think he's an average player with a very inconsistent delivery. Albeit when that delivery is on song it's up there with the best from a fullback.

Robertson, now that's a full back.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I think he's an average player with a very inconsistent delivery. Albeit when that delivery is on song it's up there with the best from a fullback.

Robertson, now that's a full back.
Robertson had just arrived at Hull from Dundee United when he was TAA's age. He has more than enough time to get to that level, if not surpass it.

Number4.

Wan-Bissaka plays in a rigid back 4 where his primary role is to defend, Palace don't dominate the ball and he doesn't have the opportunity to bomb on in the same manner as T-AA, who in turn given the role of FB's under klopp is encouraged to bomb on and leave the defending to the CB's and the covering MF.

Wan-Bissaka looks superb & would be at the VERY top of my MUFC shopping list, but impossible to compare the two until they are required to do similar roles in teams that dominate matches.