Trent Alexander Arnold

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Great player definitely the best in the world at the moment.

Defensive ability means absolutely nothing if its covered to you by your team - that's been proven to us by the Brazil national teams, Barcelona & now unfortunately Liverpool. Defence more so than ever starts with the strikers now anyway so he really isn't getting caught out to the point he is losing or causing matches to be drawn even once or twice a season out of 15.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Excellent on the ball and a potentially cracking midfielder if he doesn't end up being up to the mark defensively.

Welbeckham

He’s incredible. Just because defending is the weakest part of his game, doesn’t mean he should play as a midfielder. He offers so much offensively that it doesn’t even matter, and I don’t think he’s as bad a defender as everybody says he is. His passing ability and football IQ are just ridiculously good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
T

That's some backwards reasoning if I ever saw one. Per definition every cross is a bad one if no striker is moving.
Not neccesarily. Somebody like Beckham would put a cross right onto their heads, that for me is a good cross.

This example is just a pot shot into space - yes it can be just as effective, but the guy claiming it's a world class assist is just a bit too much for me.

I do think TAA is a fantastic crosser/passer by the way.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Liverpool and England are two totally different sides. Not saying he isn't a fantastic player but if you need a balanced defensive lineup he isn't that.
Yeah but he’d also be the best right winger we have. He needs to be in that side. We have few players better than him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He’s not even the best full back in his own team.

Far better footballer than Robertson, obviously.
I love Robertson, he's probably the best left back in the game. And there's no doubt he's dead valuable to us and obviously more complete as a fullback than TAA, since he is also dead good at defending.

But he's not a better player than TAA, who offers more to the team overall. Since they are both fullbacks, I'd say that also makes TAA the better fullback.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I love Robertson, he's probably the best left back in the game. And there's no doubt he's dead valuable to us and obviously more complete as a fullback than TAA, since he is also dead good at defending.

But he's not a better player than TAA, who offers more to the team overall. Since they are both fullbacks, I'd say that also makes TAA the better fullback.
We probably agree more than we disagree.

My only point would be that Robertson could play left back for anyone and look as good. TAA wouldn’t. He’s far more talented. I’m a huge fan. But I couldn’t see him playing the way he does for more than 1 or 2 teams.

Or, another way... he’d be able to play wide right for more top teams than he’d play right back.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
No just straight facts.
Explain then. He was good going forward, but hardly exceptional. Was decent defensively but nothing more. Fit well into the team.

Just don't see him as someone to compare against 8-10 years later. He was a good player in a great team. That's about it.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
My only point would be that Robertson could play left back for anyone and look as good. TAA wouldn’t. He’s far more talented. I’m a huge fan. But I couldn’t see him playing the way he does for more than 1 or 2 teams.
Its the old Pep managing only biggest teams argument. Could Pep do it outside the top 1 or 2 teams in each country? The answer isn't no as people like to believe. It's a don't know, maybe.

Robbo and TAA are the two best fullbacks in the world right now. If you put a gun to my head and made me choose only one for the remainder of the season it would be TAA to win stuff. That makes him the best fullback in the world, just as Pep is still the best manager in the world right now.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's about time Liverpool produced and gave a home grown player a chance. He's the only one in their first team as it is so nice to he's doing well.

Come on Liverpool. Up your game. Really poor.

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
Klopp was asked about Trent:

Who is the biggest surprise at Liverpool?

"I have known Trent Alexander-Arnold since he was 17 years old.

"He was a big talent but we were not sure he could do it physically.

"Now he is a machine - so he is a big surprise."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50820192

Warlord

Supports
Liverpool
Another 2 assists...

So is he the best in the world yet? At 21!

Thiagoal

I really hope Southgate sets England up to get the best out of him! Can be our x-factor this summer! What a player

mu4c_20le

He probably watched Wan Bissaka today and upped his game to stay in the NT

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I very rarely give individual praise to Liverpool players but as he's English I don't mind. Alexander-Arnold is an excellent player, one of the very best play makers in the world and he's a RB, what an outstanding player.

PoTMS

Pains me to say it but he's definitely the best right back in the world and just as an all round player, up there with the best in the world. No one really comes close at right back which makes it stranger that he doesn't start for England.

Bebestation

What's the best way to set him up for England

RWB in a 352

Or just 433 where he guards Sancho?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I really hope Southgate sets England up to get the best out of him! Can be our x-factor this summer! What a player
First question for him should be what setup gets the best out of TAA, then take it from there.

Kane would be loving it in a setup with TAA playing to his best.

Bebestation

First question for him should be what setup gets the best out of TAA, then take it from there.

Kane would be loving it in a setup with TAA playing to his best.
Vardy if Southgate has the balls to play him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Passing range and quality is world class.

Ban

Is he a regular for England?

Wouldn't want to see him against Croatia.

Apparently he already achieved 50 percent of Scholes all time assists. Is this true?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's amazing. The most exciting full back since peak Marcelo and Roberto Carlos. Does he also have the same dentist as Klopp and Firmino, or just really good teeth?

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

Apparently he already achieved 50 percent of Scholes all time assists. Is this true?
Read that online earlier. Don’t know if it’s true. It is a staggering stat if it is correct, also reflects how much the role of a modern full back has changed.

saivet

Not really, him and Trippier will likely be the two RB's that go to the Euros for England as Southgate has switched between the two of them during qualifying. Given his form for Liverpool though, I'd be shocked if TAA isn't first choice in the summer.