Troy "Cojones" Deeney & Allen incident

Loublaze

ATLien
Absolutely, and he probably would, but it is rather pathetic of a so called professional footballer.
These things happen from time to time in the thick of battle among players. What Cantona did to that Crystal Palace fan (even though he deserved it) and what Keane did to Haland were much, much worse. A lot of people in this thread are calling Deeney a thug based on this. I don't remember anyone calling Ibrahimovich a thug when he grabbed Simon Kjaer's throat against Fenerbahce. Lets not even bring Deeney's past into this

Denis79

A 5 match ban for squeezing someones cheeks?
My whole family should be banned from 5 family gatherings! When I was a kid I was a "bit" round so my whole family used to torture my cheeks whenever they saw me.

The Outsider

Supports
Chelsea
What was wrong with the initial tackle for the both to react like that?

Either way, it definately needs to be looked at.
I've looked at the tackle a couple of times and cannot see anything obvious, suspect it is something that happened earlier and that was the first time they came together again.

Both laughing in the gif. The entire thing seems like a show to me.
Yeah the facial gestures do seem surprising like forced bravado, doubt it was planned.
Think they should both be summoned to the FA for a roasting about bringing the game into disrepute.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agree with the ban. Makes football look bad. He clearly lost it there and would've probably tried to do some damage if it weren't for the cameras.

The 'laughing' doesn't change anything. People do that in a scuffle as if to show it's not affected them.

Last edited:

Tarrou

He looks like he's trying to Oberyn the feckers head at one point :lol: Love the sociopathic grin too!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Ban him for 5 games. We've got Watford away in a few weeks.

RedDevil95

:lol::lol::lol: When I saw this on MOTD, I actually burst out laughing because both of them are smiling/laughing. He should get a ban, imagine if it had been a Utd player. I have always thought Deeney comes across as a massive ----

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Its such a weird confrontation like they are enjoying it and everyone else is going mad :lol:

automaticflare

If he gets banned it's a joke what did he actually do

fecking hate football these days.
Allen is a little cretin too acting hard man like little ol scrappy jack or delli Alli. Sean around acting hard and never any consequence. Fair play to deeney even though I don't particularly like him he didn't really do anything here except stand his ground against a little weasel

MDFC Manager

If he gets banned it's a joke what did he actually do

fecking hate football these days.
Allen is a little cretin too acting hard man like little ol scrappy jack or delli Alli. Sean around acting hard and never any consequence. Fair play to deeney even though I don't particularly like him he didn't really do anything here except stand his ground against a little weasel
:lol:

caid

thought thread title said deeney and alien incident ...
bit disappointed really

Red_toad

Lots of other people don't need the threat of prison to convince them they shouldn't be thugs.
Yes and lots of people go to jail, learn nothing from it and carry on as they were. People do stupid stuff. Can't hold one incident over their heads for the entirety of their lives.

ZAGREB RED

Bit surprised they didn't both get a red at the time. Seen plenty of players sent off for less.

caid

Grabbing someones face should be a 3 match ban.
This is about as tame an example of it as there'll be but its still a weird invasion of space and theres no sporting reason to mitigate why you would.
Allen reacted well and probably deserves credit. If it was Aguerro he'd be dieing on the floor as if his jaw had been torn off.

Fitchett

Michael Oliver was the referee. On his flawed scale of issuing punishments, Deeney attempting to throttle Allen warranted a yellow card, Joe Hart head butting him warranted no punishment, whilst Di Maria tugging his shirt warranted a red card. Not just Deeney who is a cnut, Oliver is one too.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Banned for three games.

ZAGREB RED

Michael Oliver was the referee. On his flawed scale of issuing punishments, Deeney attempting to throttle Allen warranted a yellow card, Joe Hart head butting him warranted no punishment, whilst Di Maria tugging his shirt warranted a red card. Not just Deeney who is a cnut, Oliver is one too.
When players from both sides starting to pile in, Oliver just stood about 10 yards away and watched the melee, he only moved in to show yellow cards when it was practically all over. Neither him or his assistants felt the need to move in and break it up, they just waited for the players to sort it out themselves.

devil in me

When players from both sides starting to pile in, Oliver just stood about 10 yards away and watched the melee, he only moved in to show yellow cards when it was practically all over. Neither him or his assistants felt the need to move in and break it up, they just waited for the players to sort it out themselves.
They should do that more often. Let them get on with it then punish them after. Half the time the players only kick off because they know that the ref will step in and save them.