Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It's like a real life house if cards unfolding before us :lol:

Drifter

American
Not a mention on Fox News. Instead saying new information on the Trump dossier.Doubling down on deflection

Sandyman

Wow. Is this actually happening? Thought it would take longer. Any rumors on who all are going to be arrested?

Nogbadthebad

Wow. Is this actually happening? Thought it would take longer. Any rumors on who all are going to be arrested?
I wouldn't get too excited yet, the first people mueller indicted in the enron case were people's wives, because it is easier to get the small players to turn on the bigger ones. Unless he goes for the obviously corrupt manafort, I would expect some names you have never heard of, and while fox will scream 'waste of money' and 'nothing to do with trump see, hes innocent', its just the beginning of the process.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
/R The Donald knows what's going down..
You guys, I'm really starting to believe this. At first I thought he was the FBI informant. But now I'm not so sure, now the idea that Trump turned Mueller and pardoned him in exchange for help bringing down he deep sate, starts to make sense. Recall Mueller met with Comey^ Trump the very day before he was appointed special prosecutor.

And recall, Trey Gowdy said history would look kindly upon James Comey, and we still don't know what he means by that since Comey's done worse since that was said.

Comey, Mueller and Rosenstein were all part of the investigation into Uranium One. Maybe the DID intend to inform Congress but was prevented from doing so by a highly compromised and infiltrated DOJ and executive branch! Maybe they are working with the white hats.

Oh, this is going to be good.
:lol:

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Or maybe, just maybe, this is the distraction from the unwelcome stories breaking this week about the real collusion with Russia...

Politicians wouldn't be politicians if they didn't want to dictate what dominates the news cycle.
Mueller’s a civil servant, not a politician or a celebrity.

Sandyman

I wouldn't get too excited yet, the first people mueller indicted in the enron case were people's wives, because it is easier to get the small players to turn on the bigger ones. Unless he goes for the obviously corrupt manafort, I would expect some names you have never heard of, and while fox will scream 'waste of money' and 'nothing to do with trump see, hes innocent', its just the beginning of the process.
Yeah I realize it will the small fish first but despite the wait, it feels like the arrests have come sooner than I expected.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
/R The Donald knows what's going down..

:lol:
That's one poster out of the (I'm sure) many thousands who subscribe to that subreddit. It's disingenuous to suggest every pro-Trump poster on Reddit believes what you've quoted. Not sure why there's still this innate desire among liberals to paint the opposition as a collective evil, inept groupthink. Look at the repercussions Clinton's 'Deplorables' comments eventually had on her campaign. That one comment did as much for the Republican candidate in the General Election than anything Trump contrived.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That's one poster out of the (I'm sure) many thousands who subscribe to that subreddit. It's disingenuous to suggest every pro-Trump poster on Reddit believes what you've quoted. Not sure why there's still this innate desire among liberals to paint the opposition as a collective evil, inept groupthink. Look at the repercussions Clinton's 'Deplorables' comments eventually had on her campaign. That one comment did as much for the Republican candidate in the General Election than anything Trump contrived.
No you're right, lots of them believe other equally batshit crazy things.

As for painting them as collectively evil and inept, I don't think they're all evil, lots of them are just very stupid. Being able to look at Trump and the GOP and think they're a positive force requires an inability to recognize reality or process very simple evidence.

You're right about the deplorables comment though, it was a deeply stupid thing for Hillary to do. Attacking voters en made is always moronic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
More proof that the Hillary and Uranium stories were little more than a coordinated attempt to change the topic.

Buchan

"Liberal as they come" Buchan.
We've been over this countless times. Politics/political alliances isn't sport: it's not advisable to support your 'team' no matter their actions. Blind devotion to political parties is, in the current climate of politics, foolhardy. Also, with the dust settling on Obama's reign, it's not uncommon for liberals to feel disappointed about his eight years.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
You're right about the deplorables comment though, it was a deeply stupid thing for Hillary to do. Attacking voters en made is always moronic
Doesn't the right constantly do this with 'liberals', '*****', 'snowflake' etc

Buchan

You're right about the deplorables comment though, it was a deeply stupid thing for Hillary to do. Attacking voters en made is always moronic.
I still can't believe she actually said it. Whatever about thinking it, but to utter it aloud, during an election fundraiser, was beyond incredible. Labelling a large portion of the voter base 'racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamophobic' did as much for Trump as anything he did or said himself.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
We've been over this countless times. Politics/political alliances isn't sport: it's not advisable to support your 'team' no matter their actions. Blind devotion to political parties is, in the current climate of politics, foolhardy. Also, with the dust settling on Obama's reign, it's not uncommon for liberals to feel disappointed about his eight years.
Dude, you're still running The Donald's interference on the day that we learned this research was originally funded by the GOP and the day we learned some of his people are going to be indicted on Monday.

Buchan

Dude, you're still running The Donald's interference on the day that we learned this research was originally funded by the GOP and the day we learned some of his people are going to be indicted on Monday.
Who said it's Trump's people who are going to be indicted? And even if it is, there's wild speculation among Clintonites that it's going to be something significant when all evidence suggests it won't be (why a late Friday press release for a Monday arrest, if so?)

Regarding the initial funding for the dossier, yes, the initial funding may have come from Republican candidature rivals but the Democrats were the ones who ran with it and absolutely scandalised the whole thing. Look back at Clinton's tweet prior to Election Day: she was referencing the Russia links for weeks beforehand - unsubstantiated - and her frustration grew and grew each time that none of her media allies were printing the story. ALL of the large media corporations knew of the dossier for weeks before the Election but couldn't print it for obvious reasons. Why Buzzfeed decided to print it before Trump's inauguration is anyone's guess (perhaps one last desperate throw of the dice) but it is backfiring spectacularly for Clinton and the DNC as a whole.

Lest we forget, Trump's wiretap in the run-up to November 9th was based on the fabricated dossier, which is an amazing story in itself. CNN and fellow DNC cheerleaders ridiculed Trump for months when he mentioned his feeling on being wiretapped yet it came to pass. They ridiculed him last week too when he tweeted that the FBI, the DNC or Clinton, or a cabal involving all three, were behind the fake dossier but he's being vindicated again.

I'm all for calling out people who are in public service when they deserve it. Sometimes that's Trump; sometimes it's not. This time it's the shady dealings of the Clintons. They never, ever expected to lose, remember. Worth bearing in mind when you think of what one may be capable of when running for President and they may be willing to try to get there. For me, Trump, whom must have realised he was a huge outsider in the race, would be less inclined to implicate himself on criminal charges under a Clinton presidency.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Who said it's Trump's people who are going to be indicted? And even if it is, there's wild speculation among Clintonites that it's going to be something significant when all evidence suggests it won't be (why a late Friday press release for a Monday arrest, if so?)

Regarding the initial funding for the dossier, initial funding may have come from Republican candidature rivals but the Democrats were the ones who ran with it and absolutely scandalised the whole thing. Look back at Clinton's tweet prior to Election Day: she was referencing the Russia links for weeks beforehand - unsubstantiated - and her frustration grew and grew each time that none of her media allies were printing the story. ALL of the large media corporations knew of the dossier for weeks before the Election but couldn't print it for obvious reasons. Why Buzzfeed decided to print it before Trump's inauguration is anyone's guess (perhaps one last desperate throw of the dice) but it is backfiring spectacularly for Clinton and the DNC as a whole.
Its perfectly normal to hire a domestic firm to do opposition research in political campaigns. Its definitely not Hillary's problem that the investigator was led to stories that Trump likes to hire prostitutes to piss all over his forehead.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Let's chat on Monday :wenger:

Fabricated, fake, why do you keep repeating that? The only ones saying it's fake are Trump and his people.

Tarrou

Can someone tl;dr this dossier business for me? I've not been following and it's pretty hard to find impartial info from the media on all this stuff.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If this happens, my guess would be Manafort and "Kremlin Mike" Flynn.
That’s the obvious ones. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be more than two. He’s going to get 4/5/6 in at once and simultaneously interview them looking for contradicting stories, let them tie themselves up in their own lies.

I’m not talking big names mind you, people that have worked closely with Flynn and Manafort.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The talk among pundits is that if its Flynn (either with or without Manafort) it will cause panic in the WH since he was intimately involved with both the campaign and WH til his sacking.

rio's upper lip

Ahem.

I refer you to the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 7, verses 1-5.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You do realise that /r/the_donald as a whole is an absolute cesspit?