Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Raulduke

Don't recall the specifics but wasn't it reported that Flynn was somehow involved in trying to get this guy out on behalf of Erdogan/Turkey and now he's flipped.

Edit:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would be interesting to know just how underprepared The "Winter White House" is to handle that level of sophisticated security, which I'm sure is the goal
It would have to meet the same standard that any other scenario involving access to POTUS would.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Isn't it an open secret that the secret service is full of incompetent alcoholics?
I'd say they're highly competent alcoholics. Though you might question the competency of people who try to stiff Colombian prostitutes on their tab.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Given Trump' erratic behavior in recent days, combined with news of the Flynn flip and Kushner interviews, I'm expecting something big to drop soon.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Saw a post today that Howard Fineman believes the Mueller investigation will be shut down soon, and he supposedly has lots of political contacts.

I don't know anything about Fineman therefore I'm unsure what to take of that opinion.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
How I wish it was possible to switch Trump's name with Clinton or Obama on all the things he's said and done and hear what his followers would say and do. Actually, not do. That would be scary.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Michael Flynn has been charged by the FBI

Done deal then. Can't wait to see what dirt he's going to dish up for them. As we all have said over the last couple of days, Trump's behaviour has been pointing to this.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Just seen this too. That sounds pretty big to me, like the GOP establishment is washing their hands of him, probably because they can see an end in sight.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
That seems like a fairly minor charge all things considered, 5-8 years. Definitely sounds like a deal to me and if they've made a deal with him you can be damn sure they're going to be getting a fair return.

Fergies Gum

It was clear something big was going to drop once Trump was retweeting those "Britain First" videos.

The fact someone is leaking this stuff to the WH is a bit troubling. Flynn wants to cooperate so it wont be Flynn's team doing the leaking, so the likelihood is its someone senior inside the justice department.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was clear something big was going to drop once Trump was retweeting those "Britain First" videos.

The fact someone is leaking this stuff to the WH is a bit troubling. Flynn wants to cooperate so it wont be Flynn's team doing the leaking, so the likelihood is its someone senior inside the justice department.
Yeah the insane tweeting was just a harbinger of something big that was about to drop. Now we know.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
That seems like a fairly minor charge all things considered, 5-8 years. Definitely sounds like a deal to me and if they've made a deal with him you can be damn sure they're going to be getting a fair return.
Same thing Papapdopolous was charged with as part of his plea, IIRC

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Awaiting Renato Mariotti's inevitable long ass Twitter thread to lawyersplain all this to the common man

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Basically - this is one more step closer to Trump. You really can't get any closer than Manafort and Flynn without actually getting to Trump's own family members.