Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Oscie

You get a lesser sentence.
And you avoid a trial, I guess. Maybe he's been instructed. Weeks/months of Trump's personal lawyer having his dirty linen aired in public would definitely be something the White House wants to avoid.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Don't like the man at all, but buckle up buttercup is a perfect turn of phrase

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Doesn't Cohen have to plead guilty regardless of whether he seeks the pardon route, a plea deal or actual cooperation?

Between the records seized and conversations they ve had with the guy though prosecutors might just want to move on to the bigger fish and this whole potential denial of cooperation thing is a moot point.

Raulduke

Incredible scenes, Cohen plea and Manafort verdict happening at the same time. What are the chances :lol:

Edit: And more

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've not been able to follow it too closely the past couple of days... that's bad news for Manafort isn't it? Essentially the best he was hoping for was no verdicts?

Fergies Gum

This shows how clueless even the legal "experts"/media are on this. The journos were in the courtroom and they were all saying the jurors were only split on 1 of the counts.

Fergies Gum

I've not been able to follow it too closely the past couple of days... that's bad news for Manafort isn't it? Essentially the best he was hoping for was no verdicts?
Yep, he's still going to jail for a long time. But we were all led to believe the evidence was so strong that this case would be a slam dunk for the prosecutors.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This shows how clueless even the legal "experts"/media are on this. The journos were in the courtroom and they were all saying the jurors were only split on 1 of the counts.
That was because of the message the jurors sent:

That could be interpreted to mean they couldn't agree on one count, multiple counts or no counts at all.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I guarantee the jury will explain after the trial that there were one or two feckwitts that frustrated everybody else

Fergies Gum

That was because of the message the jurors sent:

That could be interpreted to mean they couldn't agree on one count, multiple counts or no counts at all.
But the media were not interpreting it that way. They jumped to the conclusion it was only one count that the jury was split on and that they reached a verdict on the other 17 counts.