Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
An intriguing aspect of this investigation has been the online defiance of Mueller by Flynn Junior and this guy's missus:

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
An intriguing aspect of this investigation has been the online defiance of Mueller by Flynn Junior and this guy's missus:

Hot damn not only is his wife s Twitter feed extremely cringy - his is about on par with it. The kind of self absorbed people we all know who got empowered by social media and are now the reason we avoid social media. Or at least I do.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Jeff Mason@jeffmason1

Exclusive: Donald Trump tells Reuters he has chosen not to be involved in Mueller probe but is "totally allowed" to be if he wanted to. "I've decided to stay out. Now, I don't have to stay out, as you know. I can go in and I could...do whatever. I could run it if I want."

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Jeff Mason@jeffmason1

Exclusive: Donald Trump tells Reuters he has chosen not to be involved in Mueller probe but is "totally allowed" to be if he wanted to. "I've decided to stay out. Now, I don't have to stay out, as you know. I can go in and I could...do whatever. I could run it if I want."
It was a 'strong', 'powerful' decision on his part.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Jeff Mason@jeffmason1

I.e. he wants to/has tried to and his advisors just about stopped him, wild panic in their eyes .

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sounds like they are only arguing about one of the many counts. The Judge has already said the other counts that have been decided can be submitted.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Sounds like they are only arguing about one of the many counts. The Judge has already said the other counts that have been decided can be submitted.
I think either way that could go on the disputed counts (whether they're leaning guilty or innocent), I think we could glean that he's been found guilty on at least one count at a minimum.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Can we interpret this with a :drool:
I take this as meaning that they've found him guilty of some counts.
There are, unfortunately, two ways to understand that question. It possibly means that they can't come to a consensus even on one count.

ChaddyP

The will convict him of the main stuff its a long list of shit.

Subscribing to false income tax returns
Number of counts: 5
Maximum prison sentence per count: 3 years

Failing to file foreign bank account reports
Number of counts: 4
Maximum prison sentence per count: 5 years

Bank fraud and bank fraud conspiracy
Number of counts: 4 counts of bank fraud; 5 counts of bank fraud conspiracy
Maximum prison sentence per count: 30 years

I think based on questions last week it could be that they are mulling over the foreign bank account charges. And it could be 1 out of the 4 that there is dispute on

Fergies Gum

There are, unfortunately, two ways to understand that question. It possibly means that they can't come to a consensus even on one count.
We should know very shortly if they have reached agreement on all the other counts

Fergies Gum

Who will break the verdict first - Ken Delanian or Simon Porcupine ?
:lol:

Journos will all have copied and pasted the guilty verdict onto their phone, so it all depends on who is the quickest to get out of the court room and to copy and past the text over to their Twitter.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Surely manaforts lawyers are taking the piss? a third option? :lol:
As the comments under that tweet say, maybe Manafort's lawyer also (i) wants to live in another country where that might be the law cos it ain't in the States and (ii) wants for Manafort to not have done those crimes in the first place :D

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Chrissake, he'll be released for 'time served' at this rate.

Fergies Gum

CNN are now disputing NBC's claim that Cohen is looking to flip. Both networks are now reporting Cohen may plead guilty.

Last edited:

Oscie

You'd only enter a plea bargain if you had something to bargain. Unless he has some awesome glittery silvers from his 1991 WWF sticker album to exchange, I suspect there'll be some squeaky arses at the White House about now.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
You'd only enter a plea bargain if you had something to bargain. Unless he has some awesome glittery silvers from his 1991 WWF sticker album to exchange, I suspect there'll be some squeaky arses at the White House about now.
They'll be preparing to launch the next distraction story as we speak.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I'm reading the opposite from that Mariotti guy, that it basically means Cohen is not interested in cooperating.

Looking at what's been going on with Papadopalous on Twitter, Manafort willing to go to trial, and Cohen unwilling to cooperate, it might indicate that Trump has got the word out to everyone involved that they'll be pardoned, and he's gonna use the 'rigged witch hunt' as justification.

hungrywing

I'm reading the opposite from that Mariotti guy, that it basically means Cohen is not interested in cooperating.

Looking at what's been going on with Papadopalous on Twitter, Manafort willing to go to trial, and Cohen unwilling to cooperate, it might indicate that Trump has got the word out to everyone involved that they'll be pardoned, and he's gonna use the 'rigged witch hunt' as justification.
Yes. The plea bargain here is 'if you admit you're guilty, we'll drop/reduce the penalties'. Not the thing you sometimes see in movies/TV: 'give us something on your conspirators and we'll reduce your sentence'. Which does exist, it's just not what's going on here.

That being said, they could be saying that to make it look like he's not cooperating.

One does wonder how much they're playing the 'Here's a little tidbit on how much we know. You feel like you're being sold up the river with the rest of those weasels who've done far worse shit getting away scott-free and here you are all oh-poor-me. Trust us, you won't be going down alone' card.

Misery loves company and all that.