Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Isn't commenting on an ongoing trial something that shouldn't be done? Jury isn't sequestered either. All it takes is for deliberations to go into tomorrow or someone to check their phone during lunch and they'll see his quotes everywhere.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Isn't commenting on an ongoing trial something that shouldn't be done? Jury isn't sequestered either. All it takes is for deliberations to go into tomorrow or someone to check their phone during lunch and they'll see his quotes everywhere.
This is Trump we are talking about.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Because publishing the addresses of jurors who convict a Russian asset wouldn't be problematic at all.

Drifter

American
He also said referring to pardons "I don't talk about that yet".....leaving a few crumbs that he may consider it after the trial.
No doubt that is what Manafort is waiting for. And that endorsement from Trump makes it more likely that is what he will do.

The Firestarter

What :lol: Isn't it in the fecking constitution that jurors shall remain anonymous? Can't believe what I am reading now, to be honest.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Jury is asking to be allowed to leave early because one of them have an event to attend tonight. No verdict today.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He'll walk from this one at least and even if found guilty on the next one he'll just get pardoned anyway.
Which will be an admittance of guilt and state level case will be open shut.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I could imagine they don't convict him on everything. Just takes one Trumpophile but the evidence just seems so extensive.
Even if they convict on some of what he's accused of it will be enough to put him away for a couple of lifetimes.

The Firestarter

Judge to jurors : "Alright guys have a nice evening , and please make sure this time you turn off all the lights when you leave! Oh, just one more thing: We may need to reveal your names and addresses to the whole world because CNN want to plant news trucks in your front yards for three days straight. What can you do, TV these days , huh? But anyway, nothing to worry about, it's not like the defendant is potentially related to Russian organized crime , right? Okay now, have a great weekend and see you on Monday!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Reminds me of that John Grisham novel, the Juror. Defense attorney playing dirty tricks.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
When I read about the note and everyone coming back into the courthouse, I thought it was verdict time. Nothing til Monday at the earliest then?

On another note: the president of the US going out of his way to give a character reference to a massive worldwide criminal. Urgh.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wonder if the Jury was seeking assurances from Ellis before they release their verdict. It's unprecedented that they should have their identities released like that and considering what they will likely know about Manafort and his associates, they have every right to be cautious. They delay over the weekend while Ellis clears the mess up and release on Monday.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I wonder if the Jury was seeking assurances from Ellis before they release their verdict. It's unprecedented that they should have their identities released like that and considering what they will likely know about Manafort and his associates, they have every right to be cautious. They delay over the weekend while Ellis clears the mess up and release on Monday.
Ellis has already rejected the request to publish their names earlier today so I doubt they would delay over the weekend on that issue.