Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
There should be a basic intelligence test before people are allowed to serve on juries. It's ridiculous entrusting people's lives to potentially 12 fecking morons.

You wouldn't believe some of the nonsense I heard during deliberations. Very depressing.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
In my experience of juries (three) people just get very self-important and think that they have to be absolutely sure of the case to convict. We had two or three who held out for daft reasons so it requires smart, patient jurors to methodically go through each charge, show the prosecution evidence and why it meets the standard for conviction.

I'm confident that the outcome will be guilty but it might take some time. Financial crimes can be complicated.

Runner

A total clown fiesta. I sympathize with the judge and jurors on how difficult this must be fearing for their safety and sanity.

nimic

something nice
Scout
In my experience of juries (three) people just get very self-important and think that they have to be absolutely sure of the case to convict. We had two or three who held out for daft reasons so it requires smart, patient jurors to methodically go through each charge, show the prosecution evidence and why it meets the standard for conviction.
My extensive knowledge of this from watching Runaway Jury makes me think you're right.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Its troubling that the likes of CNN & NYT were asking for the names of the jurors.
They just wanted to interview then before they disappear (assuming the verdict was issued today). Still a good idea to not give it out given the security considerations

Fergies Gum

They just wanted to interview then before they disappear (assuming the verdict was issued today). Still a good idea to not give it out given the security considerations
Its just a bad look for the media. If any of the jurors wanted to talk to the media, then they would wait till the trial is over and get in touch at an appropriate time.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
As suspected....Trump is using the clearance revocations as distractions whenever bad news in the Russia investigation is announced.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is be interested to see the extent of his cooperation, since obviously it would be calamitous to Trump if he was honest .
I can't help but think he's not been very cooperative at all and has just leaked this to the press himself to frame him as being an especially cooperative witness... and despite being so cooperative and despite being centre stage to any alleged obstruction of justice... nothing he said was in any way incriminating. Therefore he is essentially a tool for the defence.

The man who should have been a star witness to the prosecution, despite being "totally transparent" offered no incriminating evidence... what does that say about these allegations?

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I can't help but think he's not been very cooperative at all and has just leaked this to the press himself to frame him as being an especially cooperative witness... and despite being so cooperative and despite being centre stage to any alleged obstruction of justice... nothing he said was in any way incriminating. Therefore he is essentially a tool for the defence.

The man who should have been a star witness to the prosecution, despite being "totally transparent" offered no incriminating evidence... what does that say about these allegations?
If he actually sat for multiple interviews over 30 hours, I have to think he was providing something of value to them. At the end of the day, he's not a Trump crony/family member who's been there every step of the way so I can see him taking proactive steps to protect himself in ways that the innermost circle might not.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
There is no more objective reality

Former SDNY AG who gained his reputation going after organised crime and government corruption cases is now representing an organised criminal and possibly the most corrupt government official ever.

Precaution

Former SDNY AG who gained his reputation going after organised crime and government corruption cases is now representing an organised criminal and possibly the most corrupt government official ever.
You fight something for so long you become it, put a trilby hat and glasses on Rudy and you got a Goodfellas sequel right there.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Don't give him the high hat.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Perjury trap? Isn't that an oxymoron? The whole point of going under oath is to get the truth or punish the liars.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Perjury trap? Isn't that an oxymoron? The whole point of going under oath is to get the truth or punish the liars.
It pretty much is an oxymoron. If you have nothing to hide then you can tell the truth. If you have something to hide then you might lie. There is no trap unless you are planning on being deceitful.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
John Dean
✔
@JohnWDean
Nixon, generally very competent, bungled and botched his handling of Watergate. Trump, a total incompetent, is bungling and botching his handling of Russiagate. Fate is never kind to bunglers and/or botchers! Unlike Nixon, however, Trump won’t leave willingly or graciously.

John Dean
✔
@JohnWDean
Memo To Trump’s White House Staff: FYI. Very few people who worked at Nixon’s White House later included that fact on their resumes. It doesn’t do much for a career to be on the wrong side of history, nor to have worked for the worst president in American history.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
It's amazing the amount of shady characters who now are looked as exemplar individuals just because they criticize Trump. It's really a sad state of affairs.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I think he’ll be found not guilty on a number of charges thanks to doubt and technicalities seeded by the defence but I think he will be found guilty of 3/4/5/6+ charges which will earn him a triple figure sentence.