Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So basically everything since his first bankruptcy in the 80s is thanks to the KGB/FSB.
Money laundering started in the 80s. Hooker kompromat as well.

Strong chance Mueller is sitting on a lot of this info, in which case this entire thing could be far more diabolical than previously thought.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca

Strong chance Mueller is sitting on a lot of this info, in which case this entire thing could be far more diabolical than previously thought.
More than a strong chance...as Rocah says here it's "unimaginable" that Mueller and his team didn't already have full knowledge of everything that's in the book and more.

Mueller's team have decades of financial crime to unravel.

Drifter

American
John Brennan in the Huffington Post:

“The only questions that remain are whether the collusion that took place constituted criminally liable conspiracy, whether obstruction of justice occurred to cover up any collusion or conspiracy, and how many members of ‘Trump Incorporated’ attempted to defraud the government by laundering and concealing the movement of money into their pockets,” Brennan wrote.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

It is. Always maintained this is more than election meddling. This is one big Money laundering scandal that will take down a lot of politicians if we get to the bottom of it.

Adisa

Isn't Papadopoulos corporations with the FBI? Sounds like he's broke.

Adisa

Been thinking, what happens if Mueller doesn't find much in the way of collusion but finds evidence that Trump has been compromised (laundering money)?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Been thinking, what happens if Mueller doesn't find much in the way of collusion but finds evidence that Trump has been compromised (laundering money)?
Ultimately, everything is on the table. The original inquiry could've been primarily about collusion, but obstruction of justice, financial crimes, perjury, conspiracy are all fair game.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Is there not a code of conduct rule that he can be charged with breaking (several thousand times)? Seriously, I'd charge him for his disgraceful conduct even during his candidate phase...

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can't be basically look for anything and everything he wants at this point?
As long as its related to the original line of inquiry, the answer is yes.

The memo that Rosenstein wrote to Mueller in May of 2017 suggests:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.
(i) - addresses the original line of inquiry which is collusion/conspiracy

(ii) - gives Mueller the legal latitude to pursue things he stumbles across while investigating (i)

(iii) - gives Mueller even more legal latitude to investigate other federal crimes that are uncovered

So all things said, Mueller's authority is pretty broad.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Yeah, yeah, that was around the time of his first famous bankruptcy wasn't it? I think I was about 12 years old then but it was along time ago.

ChaddyP

They are apparently going to finish up tomorrow.

Yeh but these questions are concerning. Like asking what does reasonable doubt mean and asking if they can review evidence. Sounds like a magahat punk is holding shit up

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeh but these questions are concerning. Like asking what does reasonable doubt mean and asking if they can review evidence. Sounds like a magahat punk is holding shit up
Manafort has another trial coming up in a few weeks so they will nail him one way or another.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah, yeah, that was around the time of his first famous bankruptcy wasn't it? I think I was about 12 years old then but it was along time ago.
Yep...I believe his first bankruptcy was around then (late 80s / early 90s)

ChaddyP

Manafort has another trial coming up in a few weeks so they will nail him one way or another.
well they were supposed to "nail" him with this one as well :lol:. It's as clear cut as you could possibly ask for

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I was on a jury where basic questions were asked in a slam dunk murder trial. You get people who are confused by simple concepts. It's infuriating.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So I'm sure it's been brought up before but in a high profile case like this with likely much greater impact on other possible cases the prosecution might bring - how do we know the jurors aren't getting some extreme pressures from the dark corners of society? I know that sounds a bit Tom Clancy like but given all the madness it might be one of the least surprising things to me.

Fergies Gum

Big day ahead in the Manafort trial. May see the jury give their verdict in the coming hours.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I do wonder when the US will become so polarized that unanimous jury decisions in cases like these will be impossible.

With the GOP so desperate to remove objective facts from their reality, I don't know how the jury system can function.

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I was on a jury where basic questions were asked in a slam dunk murder trial. You get people who are confused by simple concepts. It's infuriating.
There should be a basic intelligence test before people are allowed to serve on juries. It's ridiculous entrusting people's lives to potentially 12 fecking morons.