Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Judge made a pigs ear of the trial too.
Think I mentioned it in here before but I read an interesting article about Ellis. They basically said he's a very good judge and knows how to play a courtroom and play on public perception. The author basically suspected that Ellis intentionally came across as an awkward sod to the prosecutors to remove any possibility of conservative media using him as a scapegoat.

ChaddyP

Think I mentioned it in here before but I read an interesting article about Ellis. They basically said he's a very good judge and knows how to play a courtroom and play on public perception. The author basically suspected that Ellis intentionally came across as an awkward sod to the prosecutors to remove any possibility of conservative media using him as a scapegoat.
Yeh I agree. Ellis is a great judge. What he did will make it impossible to appeal. He would have been equally as hard on the defense had they brought a case.

Dan

Trump has a rally tonight, should be interesting given what’s happened today so far.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Under normal circumstances, a president's lawyer and campaign chairman should be enough to bring down the president.
Cohen has implicated Trump in campaign finance violations.

ChaddyP

Wow Michael Cohen just admitted he violated campaign finance laws at the direction of trump

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Admits to making payments to Stormy Daniels at the direction of a condidate for federal office ergo Trump. HaHa

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just sucks to me. It was a complicated case and the prosecution should have been given the time and opportunity to explain things in layman's terms to the jurors. He shouldn't be surprised that over half of the counts couldn't reach a verdict as a result.

Cohen Pleads Guilty with a plea deal involving 4-5 year jail term!
He's flipped?

Fergies Gum

This will be a defining moment for the Trump presidency. What we are witnessing tonight will be studied by historians for generations to come

Last edited:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Just sucks to me. It was a complicated case and the prosecution should have been given the time and opportunity to explain things in layman's terms to the jurors. He shouldn't be surprised that over half of the counts couldn't reach a verdict as a result.
For sure, but it was a slam dunk case on a number of the counts. He knew he could get a much more concrete conviction if he removed any chance of the defence claiming a mistrial due to Ellis' handling of it. He gave them every opportunity and they still got 8 guilty verdicts. Good luck appealing that when there is another 10 in the pipeline to be retried too. I expect he's going to be short on funds now all his bank accounts are under IRS control.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He's flipped?
As per media, he did not since the plea deal does not involve coopeartion. But pleading guility in US involved describing the act to the judge. So he had to explain the payments to Stormy Daniels and why he made that. He all but named Trump

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Just so I'm clear on this mistrial thing. Even if a case is obvious it only takes 1 jury to make it a mistrial? And that jury doesn't have to justify his vote i any way? It seems weird.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Just so I'm clear on this mistrial thing. Even if a case is obvious it only takes 1 jury to make it a mistrial? And that jury doesn't have to justify his vote i any way? It seems weird.
Yep.

As per media, he did not since the plea deal does not involve coopeartion. But pleading guility in US involved describing the act to the judge. So he had to explain the payments to Stormy Daniels and why he made that. He all but named Trump
Thanks.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Trump's rally is going to be [even more] insane [than usual]!
Absolutely guarantee that he's going to come out with something shocking to grab the press tonight. Something very racist, threaten war with an ally, sack Sessions... he's out of control and he's going to be going loco.

Drifter

American
Trump will remind his **** that what they see and hear is not the truth.

RedTiger

Half mast
Historic night for sure.

What are the chances Trump ignores his legal counsel and pardons both Manafort and Cohen? Meaning they can never plead the 5th when called as witnesses against Trump?

Man! I'm well excited! When does the rally start?

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
this all looks choreographed to me.

which is brilliant. bit like his trip to Russian and the indictment. Cohen happening today on foor of Manafort looks like it's been in the bag for ages

Ivor Ballokov

I don't think he'll mention Cohen at the rally, if he says anything it'll be about Manafort's "short, short time with the campaign". I think @Pexbo has got it right, he'll say something outrageous to try and divert attention away.

He will be absolutely fuming right now, and hopefully scared.