Trump/Russia/SDNY investigation

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The man with one of the best memory in humankind is surrounded by people who have some of the worst. Didnt he once say that you should never hire people smarter than you -- Trump book of management. I guess it includes the ability to remember.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Bart Putin: "I didn't do it."

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Came here to post this. He sounds pretty confident about the dossier, and it's easy to see why.
Unfortunately the unreliable 10-30% portion probably includes the pee tape.

Not that it'd matter to Trumpers; upon release, golden showers would become the next big thing among rural Americans.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The head of Fusion GPS apparently told Congress that Steele didn't pay his sources for the information.

Pee Pee Tape is still alive.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Came here to post this. He sounds pretty confident about the dossier, and it's easy to see why.
There's a reason Comey and Obama took it seriously in the first place. The guy is pretty well respected in intelligence circles and not some hired troll.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The head of Fusion GPS apparently told Congress that Steele didn't pay his sources for the information.

Pee Pee Tape is still alive.
I genuinely think it will be released one day. When they’ve had enough fun with Trump and he’s got no value left, they’ll feck him up. It’ll be proof to others they have kimpromat on that they have no fear about releasing it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I genuinely think it will be released one day. When they’ve had enough fun with Trump and he’s got no value left, they’ll feck him up. It’ll be proof to others they have kimpromat on that they have no fear about releasing it.
Realistically, if it exists, I would understand why Trump is going so far out of his way to not criticize Putin for anything - at a time when everyone else including most American politicians are fair game.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
There's only doubt over the dossier because Trump, Kellyanne and the rest of the klan are loud enough with the 'fake news' shouts.

There's only so many times you can hear someone repeat the same falsehood before it takes root and people start believing in it = the big lie theory = something that Trump has often said he subscribes to and clearly demonstrates in every facet of his communications (Same as is happening with Uranium One).

As far as I know multiple parts of the dossier have been proven and corroborated and nothing has been proven false. So that just leaves the stuff that hasn't been proven yet.

I know who I'd be more likely to believe between an MI6 spy and a man who intentionally and demonstrably lies for a living.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Realistically, if it exists, I would understand why Trump is going so far out of his way to not criticize Putin for anything - at a time when everyone else including most American politicians are fair game.
But hold on; would not his core base, all 31.0098746% of them, not just love a pee-pee tape for a bit of distraction? 'Kompromat', my eye. Nothing illegal in a spatter of hoorse-play! He was just a businessman then, not a public representative. I think such a tape would only make them love him more. Roy Moore would surely see a very touching biblical analogy...? I mean what could possibly be revealed in footage of a gold-plated bedroom romp more damaging than what Trump has already openly stated about himself? Didn't he just say he could go out and shoot down someone in the street and they would still vote for him?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
But hold on; would not his core base, all 31.0098746% of them, not just love a pee-pee tape for a bit of distraction? 'Kompromat', my eye. Nothing illegal in a spatter of hoorse-play! He was just a businessman then, not a public representative. I think such a tape would only make them love him more. Roy Moore would surely see a very touching biblical analogy...? I mean what could possibly be revealed in footage of a gold-plated bedroom romp more damaging than what Trump has already openly stated about himself? Didn't he just say he could go out and shoot down someone in the street and they would still vote for him?
Of course they would.

GOP Would have no choice but to Impeach at this point though as it would prove two things: 1. He's been acting on behalf of Russia and 2. (GOP won't really care about this) His obsession with Obama and rolling back all his work will be seen as a mental illness.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Only a matter of time before Mueller throws the book at him. I suspect the reason he hasn’t up until now is because Trump’s reaction could cause issues for the investigation. I suspect it makes more sense tactically speaking to push ahead with the outer circle and build a formidable slam dunk case against the inner circle so they can be taken down together making it difficult, if not impossible for the GOP to brush it off and for Trump to pardon them all.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I read somewhere that an FBI subpoena often means they already have the dirt and this is to see if the individual will try to hide it. I don't know how accurate that is
Its fair to say Mueller probably has far more information than is available to the public. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a trap for several WH staffers.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Its fair to say Mueller probably has far more information than is available to the public. Wouldn't be surprised if this is a trap for several WH staffers.
Has to be said he seems to be doing a very good job of keeping this under wraps. Which suggests he's running a tight ship.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Subpoenas served in mid-October means that was before the public knew about Papadopoulos. You can bet that was used to find out who on the campaign would try to hide what Mueller & Co already knew.

Charlie Foley

I would hope that first sentence is absolutely true :lol:

It's the second one I was wondering about, and the one that's really juicy.

muller

This is bizarre. Seemingly gathering pace and reliability that this is going to lead to Trump getting impeached but hardly anything is being mentioned in the news at all - at least not in the UK.