Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
24 million euro at the time same amount as Robinho when he went to Real. I find it extremely strange that a South American club would turn down 38 million euro especially now with the euro being much stronger these days.
OK first of all, the Euro may have 'strengthened' but it hasn't done so against the BRL; in 2005, it averaged at around 2.9. Nowadays it's 2.4 give or take. Second of all, have you been following the boom in Brazilian economy and its subsequent effects on their football league? They're holding onto their young stars a lot longer and attracting their older ones back from Europe a lot sooner (not to mention some foreign players as well) than they used to.

Check your facts, please.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
OK first of all, the Euro may have 'strengthened' but it hasn't done so against the BRL; in 2005, it averaged at around 2.9. Nowadays it's 2.4 give or take. Second of all, have you been following the boom in Brazilian economy and its subsequent effects on their football league? They're holding onto their young stars a lot longer and attracting their older ones back from Europe a lot sooner (not to mention some foreign players as well) than they used to.

Check your facts, please.
I'm on the Caf we never check facts here hehe but I'm the first to admit I'm no currency expert and I'm aware of the booming Brazilian economy but £30/€38 million is a shit load of money for a still pretty unproven 19 year old and it would be the biggest sale in South American football history. They could bring in 2-3 decent players for that money and spend money on their stadium and in August it will be even harder to sell Lucas because then 30% of the transfer fee goes to him instead of the now 20%. The Sao Paolo president is playing a risky game, it's simply bad business to turn down that kinda money just because he hopes he can cram a few more million from United. Lucas value might increase after the Olympics but it might also go down and it's extremely unlikely they won't get any better offers than this.

Devil may care

How times have changed, Ronaldo was a mere £12M!
Aye, and not for the better.

You can't 'do a Ronaldo' with someone that costs £30 million. For that price, you have no option but to become a top player, I just worry that Lucas won't live up the the expectation in a similar way to Berbatov.

I'm surprised Sao Paulo are turning this down, if true. He's not worth that much, as it is.
The fee is higher even taking inflation into account (Was Ronaldo an international when we bought him?) but the principal is the same.

prateik

Guessing time.
Skysources understand Man City are close to signing Van Persie.

wr8_utd

:'(
@HusseinMarhoon
São Paulo's Sporting Director Adalberto Baptista confirmed that the Paulista club have rejected a €38m from Manchester United for Lucas

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
@HusseinMarhoon
São Paulo's Sporting Director Adalberto Baptista confirmed that the Paulista club have rejected a €38m from Manchester United for Lucas
I hope we don't go over that amount for him. He's a special talent but it's also a risk.

KM

@Cynegeticus - São Paulo's board is divided about selling Lucas Moura, says 'Lance!'. Some people at the club think he should have been sold already. #MUFC

Don't think it's the end of this Lucas issue for us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really is stupid paying that kind of money for a player we really dont need, say he signs on idiots would fail to see that signing a player like that is simply papering over the cracks, spend €38m on a quality CM like Martinez and the whole of Europe would be fearful of us again. It really is this football lark.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Don't need Martinez. Wait til they get a load of Tunnincliffe.

MDFC Manager

Really is stupid paying that kind of money for a player we really dont need, say he signs on idiots would fail to see that signing a player like that is simply papering over the cracks, spend €38m on a quality CM like Martinez and the whole of Europe would be fearful of us again. It really is this football lark.
:lol::wenger:

Martinez is not some piece of meat in a market. To buy him his club has to be convinced to sell and Martinez himself must be willing to sign. Not to mention, we have to be interested in signing him in the first place.

LARulz

Cant see us going any higher than that.
I'd be surprised if we went that high in the first place.

I remember listening to Tim Vickery discuss him when Chelsea were interested and he said he's basically another Walcott. That put me off him immediately

KM

Martinez is not some piece of meat in a market. To buy him his club has to be convinced to sell and Martinez himself must be willing to sign. Not to mention, we have to be interested in signing him in the first place.
Yeah make me laugh that everyone presumes that transfer is easy like this. Spend this money on that player and that player is yours. Their are other factors in all this.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Yeah make me laugh that everyone presumes that transfer is easy like this. Spend this money on that player and that player is yours. Their are other factors in all this.
For intance say a brazilian club not snapping your hand off for 38 mil euros for a teenager.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I'd be surprised if we went that high in the first place.

I remember listening to Tim Vickery discuss him when Chelsea were interested and he said he's basically another Walcott. That put me off him immediately
Walcott would NOT have played fifteen times for Brazil at 19 (or once for that matter)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Your post count suggests you're still fairly new at this forum lark, may I suggest you take time to read people's posts before you comment in the future ;)

wr8_utd

:'(
DarrenArsenal1
Tello to join Athletico Madrid on a 3yr with usual FCB buy back.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
akqayid‏@akqayid

Some ITK from states side RvP to Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.