Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Some rumours that Arda Turan has agreed a move to Arsenal. Would be a very good and very Arsenal type signing. Surely he'd cost an arm and a leg from Atletico Madrid which makes me question this.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein
official: Holtby will leave Schalke at the end of the season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd like him to join Everton, but he'll surely want to join a club that in or around the Champions League and I can't see Everton snatching fourth spot this season.
Why not? Unless there key players like pienaar, baines, fellaini, jelavic start to misfire regularly i can see them keeping up with top 4 form.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Why not? Unless there key players like pienaar, baines, fellaini, jelavic start to misfire regularly i can see them keeping up with top 4 form.
Jelavic isn't half the player he was for Everton in the final six months of the last season. Pienaar hasn't been chipping in with much either in comparison to other seasons. In my opinion, unsung players like Gibson, Naismith and Osman have been key for Everton this season thus far and are much the reason why they've been doing so well as the others you've mentioned. If Jelavic can get back his goalscoring form of last year I'd fancy them to give fourth a good go, but a distinct lack of a dependable goalscorer is hindering them at the moment.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Jelavic isn't half the player he was for Everton in the final six months of the last season. Pienaar hasn't been chipping in with much either in comparison to other seasons. In my opinion, unsung players like Gibson, Naismith and Osman have been key for Everton this season thus far and are much the reason why they've been doing so well as the others you've mentioned. If Jelavic can get back his goalscoring form of last year I'd fancy them to give fourth a good go, but a distinct lack of a dependable goalscorer is hindering them at the moment.
What is hindering us is inept officials and poor ability to hold onto leads. Granted, Jelavic is going through a bad patch right now but we have enough goals this year from the collective group.
You're wrong about Pienaar too. If you've actually watched him and not just looked at stats, you Will see he's performing marvellously and is integral to why Baines is so good.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Fred, Nilmar, Sobis and now Pato. Thought all of these guys were going to be brilliant at one point.

Cevno

If it was him paying me, then i would prefer it to not be pay as you play.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Right here me out on this one. Some of you may have heard about some Norwegian United fan on twitter. Seems pretty knowledgeable and knows what's going around Norway.

He retweeted this post:
Vegard Fl. Vaagbo ‏@RBFlemma
Vegard Forren pulls out of national squad as Molde are finalizing a deal with an unknown club.
He then says:
Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara
Last RT; Manchester United have been linked with Vegard Forren a few times. Ole Gunnar Solskjær has said he is good enough for United.
Jonas Giæver ‏@CheGiaevara
The teams mentioned as possible suitors for Vegard Forren are Manchester United, Everton and Stuttgart, apparently.
He's a central defender apparently. That's all I know.

It may be nothing, but I still thought it was worth mentioning.

Castia

He was linked with us on the 20th December in the M.E.N so that could be interesting. I haven't seen him play myself so I have no clue if he's good or not.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The official Everton twitter has just started following that bloke...

Laphroaig

That's a terrific deal for you, SilentWitness. He's probably relatively cheap coming from Norway.
Right here me out on this one. Some of you may have heard about some Norwegian United fan on twitter. Seems pretty knowledgeable and knows what's going around Norway.
@RBFlemma is the man to follow when it comes to all things Molde. The Giæver chap is only repeating him or other media sources.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's weird, nothing really official (apart from following) or clear cut so it's still all secret but to follow him immediately after those tweets certainly shows interest in him i'd have thought.

Laphroaig

It's weird, nothing really official (apart from following) or clear cut so it's still all secret but to follow him immediately after those tweets certainly shows interest in him i'd have thought.
Forren to Everton is a bit of wishful thinking on my part. I want to see him in the PL, preferably in a strong side that I don't dislike, and not at United, since we're filled up in that department with both established and young players. He was marvellous (as he often is) that game that Moyes watched him in person, so it makes sense.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm hearing rumours of Sneijder to qpr on twitter, surely not ?!

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Leicester, Peterborough and Ipswich all want him. I can't see it, he's too good to go down to that level. Only if a decent Prem side comes in for him should we let him go.

Devil may care

I never thought Pato would end up going back to Brazil, he looked nailed on to become one of the best strikers in the world.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Leicester, Peterborough and Ipswich all want him. I can't see it, he's too good to go down to that level. Only if a decent Prem side comes in for him should we let him go.
Nonsense. He's 18, what Premiership side will take him on loan? He needs to go to the Championship where he'll get constant game time, look at Will Hughes of Derby. Leicester are the best side of the three, although Darren Ferguson is at Peterborough and would almost guarantee game time, plus Tunnicliffe had a very productive loan there last season.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I rate him but he's not too good for the Championship at this stage, in fact it'd probably be the ideal level for him in terms of his development.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Nonsense. He's 18, what Premiership side will take him on loan? He needs to go to the Championship where he'll get constant game time, look at Will Hughes of Derby. Leicester are the best side of the three, although Darren Ferguson is at Peterborough and would almost guarantee game time, plus Tunnicliffe had a very productive loan there last season.
From what I've seen of him in the Premier League and the CL he looks ready already. He's done his apprenticeship in the lower leagues already. And it's not as if he's physically weak, which is the usually reason for loaning youngsters out. Physically, he's already ready to play in the PL. I would not loan him to the Championship, he's better off playing the odd game for us than going into a relegation battle with Peterborough, who are a League One side in all but name.

Status
Not open for further replies.