Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
It's bloody strange really that Xavi is the one trying to pursuade him in that Xavi is who is taking Thiago's place. How does that conversation go... "please stay. You can have my place... well, when I retire... which might be in a few years." Makes no sense at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This kid is more bother than he is worth. Ffs we could have had Honda on a free and him and Shinji work well together
Get real, Thiago is twice the player that Honda was/ever wil be.

Its not really a suprise this kid is taking a while to mull over his future. Its a big move for him and 1 he wants to make sure there will be no regrets.

izzydiggler

It's bloody strange really that Xavi is the one trying to pursuade him in that Xavi is who is taking Thiago's place. How does that conversation go... "please stay. You can have my place... well, when I retire... which might be in a few years." Makes no sense at all.
Well Xavi was in the same position a few years ago and by remaining patient, he became a huge part of one of the greatest ever sides, so that's what he'll be telling Thiago. Ultimately, he'd love to stay at Barca and play there, so the only question (still unanswered) is how desperate he is to be a first choice player right now.

Bape

Well Xavi was in the same position a few years ago and by remaining patient, he became a huge part of one of the greatest ever sides, so that's what he'll be telling Thiago. Ultimately, he'd love to stay at Barca and play there, so the only question (still unanswered) is how desperate he is to be a first choice player right now.

I am guessing fairly desperate as it seems to be the primary reason for him wanting to leave despite loving his current club. He wants to play in the WC next year and it's just not happening if he stays. Let's hope this is enough for him to justify moving to us

Adam-Utd

You've clearly watched so much of Honda :confused:

The guy goes missing in so many matches, ever wonder why he has not joined a big club in his career?.

Sure he has talent, but never reached his full potential.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
You've clearly watched so much of Honda :confused:

The guy goes missing in so many matches, ever wonder why he has not joined a big club in his career?.

Sure he has talent, but never reached his full potential.
This has to be on the daftest posts I've seen in this transfer saga...

Adam-Utd

Sure you can think that. I've watched quite a bit of Honda and never really been impressed.

Look at him in the Confeds, he was absolutely dire. Sure he was coming back from an injury but he literally did nothing.

Him and Kagawa are their 2 best players, and only 1 of them turned up in any of those games.

Don't get me wrong he is a decent player, but to say Thiago is not worth the hassle and that we should go for Honda instead is ludicrous.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Honda seems like a quality player, much like Thiago. He's been quite good each time I've watched him.

So then....any Tweets ?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sky Sources are always 10-12 hours behind the tabloids.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
6m for Shelvey? Don't think that's a very good deal if i'm honest. Although he did pop up with a few goals for Liverpool but seem to recall his overall game was somewhat lacking.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
6m for Shelvey? Don't think that's a very good deal if i'm honest. Although he did pop up with a few goals for Liverpool but seem to recall his overall game was somewhat lacking.

He's an average player who's main attribute is his shooting. Poor transfer by Swansea in my opinion.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As there is no Shelvey thread, and I'd hate to make one, just a quick comment to say that I think it's a good move for Swansea. I think Shelvey is OK, his attitude is diabolical, but I think he should well at Swansea.

Edit: The transfer fee on the other hand is a bit much.

walsh

I know he has a very punchable face and dared to have words with the great man but I think he'll be quite good for Swansea. £6m for someone with PL experience really isn't very much nowadays, obviously that includes the infamous "English tax" as well.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
£6m is a lot of money for a club like Swansea, it'll be close to the transfer record if not breaking it (I think Pablo was £4.6m and he was the record so far), for a limited average player like Shelvey I'd call it a poor deal. I'd have thought Laudrup had better players identified outside Premier League.

JB7

£6m is a lot of money for a club like Swansea, it'll be close to the transfer record if not breaking it (I think Pablo was £4.6m and he was the record so far), for a limited average player like Shelvey I'd call it a poor deal. I'd have thought Laudrup had better players identified outside Premier League.
I am sure he does, but as they're all saying on their forum - they need to up their British quota.

Platato

Psst!
Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117
AS revealed Pellegrini went on vacation knowing that Isco was signing for MCFC and when he returned Isco was a Real Madrid player.

For anyone who thought Isco wasn't close to signing for City. Remember AS is regarded as reliable in Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.