Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
But he gets a lot of attention in here which is what he wants.

KanieKaned

Yup, for all we know its probably Cider. Then again probably not, it does make you wonder if he's ever been on the caf? I mean, I'm sure there's journo's that go to sites to fish for stories or leads or just anything they can print.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Did anyone ever see that Derren Brown show where he did the "foolproof" horse betting effort? I bet I could set up 20 twitter accounts, make different predictions on them for the transfers and use Derren Browns method to come out with one twitter account that gained some sort of credibility by getting 4 or 5 predictions right. Then come the next transfer season a bunch of people would be believing most predictions I posted on twitter and football forums would start using my tweets as the spoken gospel.

acnumber9

Did anyone ever see that Derren Brown show where he did the "foolproof" horse betting effort? I bet I could set up 20 twitter accounts, make different predictions on them for the transfers and use Derren Browns method to come out with one twitter account that gained some sort of credibility by getting 4 or 5 predictions right. Then come the next transfer season a bunch of people would be believing most predictions I posted on twitter and football forums would start using my tweets as the spoken gospel.
That would make you so cool. You should do that.

Ekeke

So according to "an Atletico spokesman" Atletico Madrid are admitting they cant compete with Manchester City's money for Negredo. Now I remember backing Negredo many years ago to become a £15 million striker but the current figure I've read is rumoured to be £21 million. I'm surprised both by that fee if true and that City would make him their first choice striker signing. Soldado is better for sure, although I'm glad City aren't going for him, but what of Higuain? I'd have to list him above Negredo too and it sounds like the transfer fees are going to be similar, with Higuain having youth on his side.

Robbie Boy

Negredo and Soldado are around the same level to be fair and I would imagine they have very similar scoring records. And what difference is £15m and £21m to City? Anyway, didn't Negredo cost Seville in and around £13m or so when they bought him? He has vastly improved since then so would obsiously be worth more.

Ekeke

Negredo and Soldado are around the same level to be fair and I would imagine they have very similar scoring records. And what difference is £15m and £21m to City? Anyway, didn't Negredo cost Seville in and around £13m or so when they bought him? He has vastly improved since then so would obsiously be worth more.
Soldado does more than score goals for Valencia. He was their best player last season, Rakitic was Sevilla's. Soldado is a mobile frontman with very good shot technique, who can create more than a couple for teammates. Negredo is a fairly immobile targetman who just scores goals and if I recall correctly, this is the first season since he joined Sevilla that "his scoring record is similar". While Negredo has of course come good, he was at first in the shadow of and outclassed by Kanoute and Fabiano. The season before last he was good but not brilliant and a million miles from a move to a club like City. He was being linked with Spurs. But this season he bumped his goal tally up. So yeah Soldado easily better for me, Negredo on the other hand would be a slightly perplexing signing

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
He obviously has a whip and a Indiana Jones hat and imagines himself to be a treasure hunter. The fecking quim. 'Even you Indy, Even you'. For dramatic effect in a fecking text message. I bet the inside source is the dead Hitler searching for the ark.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
typical that he chose the name Alex aswell :lol: Jesus feck.

The scary thing is, he has some people eating out of the palm of his hand.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
ffs, can people stop quoting this fool. The desperation of the transfer crowd reaches new levels when this muppet has over 50k followers, it's literally just a kid in his bedroom tweeting shit.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Barcelona could make an offer of 25M plus David Villa for Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney (27). [sport]

Interesting one. If we are to sell him, then I'd probably take that. No one seems to be claiming we want at least more than £30m for him, so £25m + Villa - I'd probably take it.

ONLY if Rooney really does want to leave/won't cut out the apparent bad lifestyle. If he wants to stay, then obviously Rooney to stay.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
By the way, how do you show the tweets in a fancy style? I tried embedding a tweet yesterday but it just came up with the link.

jeston

By the way, how do you show the tweets in a fancy style? I tried embedding a tweet yesterday but it just came up with the link.

Click the timesamp (i.e '11m' written in grey, top right of tweet) and then copy that link and just paste it in your post

Adam-Utd

Would not want Villa.

Rather play Hernandez or Welbeck IMO. He was a great player but he has lost that edge

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If Barca want a swap deal then I'd look at getting Tello of them aside from Thiago of course

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Would not want Villa.

Rather play Hernandez or Welbeck IMO. He was a great player but he has lost that edge
Now even in Europe? 4-3-3 with Valencia, RVP and Villa up top. That's sexy. But I can see where you're coming from.

Click the timesamp (i.e '11m' written in grey, top right of tweet) and then copy that link and just paste it in your post

Many thanks!

Adam-Utd

Now even in Europe? 4-3-3 with Valencia, RVP and Villa up top. That's sexy. But I can see where you're coming from.
At present we do not have the midfield for him to back that up.

At Barca he does not have to do any real tracking back or running, he stays pretty forward.

He lacks the real pace and work ethic to play an effective wide forward for any other club IMO.

His next club he will demand to be a CF I have no doubt - he clearly does not like the role.

JB7

If Barca want a swap deal then I'd look at getting Tello of them aside from Thiago of course
If Barca really want a swap deal we may as well aim high. Messi is available according to a certain random Irish newspaper... :lol:

twitter thread suggester
Whats that say? Can't see it.
That's because Baby Faced Assassin wanted to give the font a new size. Fixed.

It's a repeat of the Thiago picture thing:

Barca have dropped Thiago from their new kit advertising campaign on their official magazines across Spain.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
If Barca wanted a swap for Rooney - I'd take £15 million and Sanchez. Swaps of course don't exist.

binary bot
There's spin put on that - they cropped the picture on their Instagram(where you're forced into cropping the picture to a certain size). That Spanish magazine is highlighting the Instagram thing and it's not an example of their advertising in Magazines.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
There's spin put on that - they cropped the picture on their Instagram(where you're forced into cropping the picture to a certain size). That Spanish magazine is highlighting the Instagram thing and it's not an example of their advertising in Magazines.
To be fair, if they wanted to have the full picture on their Instagram-account, it's extremely easy to resize the image to make it fit Instagram. And it would not have caused such a stirr either, so a part of me believes that it was intentional.

Why are one of their reserves in their ads anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.