Tyrell Malacia image 12

Tyrell Malacia Netherlands flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Reeks of a secret 6 month ban.
I feel like there was some sort of comment put out on it that was very cryptic, that made it seem like a very personal injury or something. This could kinda track though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Where the feck is he? I hardly remember him ever being injured this long in his long time with us.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I think you could be right. No big injury announcement but disappeared this long? Something smells.
The amount of insta-updates stopped suddenly too. He updated frequently up until the 11th of july this year. Nothing after.

Idxomer

I love a good conspiracy theory but hiding a drug ban for Malacia of all players seems so unnecessary.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wonder when they'll announce that nobody has actually seen him since May 2023.

IrishRedDevil

Where the feck is he?

We might need to move Shaw to CB to cover Martinez, but this guy needs to hurry up and return from Mars.

dutchred

Where the feck is he?

We might need to move Shaw to CB to cover Martinez, but this guy needs to hurry up and return from Mars.
No point. He would not have any match fitness for weeks. Play AWB or personally I'd play Amass

chocolate cloud

can someone find out whats happened to him? all been kept very quiet and secretive. its weird.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I genuinely forgot about him until this thread was bumped. I bet he was banned to be honest, the whole thing has felt weird.

tomaldinho1

The weirdest injury I can remember.

I'm sticking to my theory it was a drugs or gambling ban

sugar_kane

Yup. Must have been caught internally with some banned substances and the club just decided to take it internally and says he’s injured to avoid getting any bad publicity.
I'm sure we have to be careful what we say on here but a story broke today on a PL player getting caught with a car full of laughing gas canisters and going into rehab. The date of the incident (a few weeks before Christmas) lines up with reports of his 'relapse' but it's probably just a coincidence I'm sure.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even "on the grass" could mean a while longer before he's in actual full team training, let alone match-ready. Could be sat here at the end of Feb with him still yet to return. Quite a strange one considering how long he's been out for yet not massive clarity on what kept him out.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I remember hearing on a podcast, I don't remember which one but it was one with former footballers - and they said the first time a player was caught with drugs in their system that it wasn't made public by the FA and most clubs just played it off as an injury.

RedIan

Initial knee injury required surgery. Ruptured ligament is my guess. He returned to training and broke down and it required further surgery. Poor kid.
no conspiracy theories about drugs or bans or prison.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The weirdest injury I can remember.

I'm sticking to my theory it was a drugs or gambling ban
I would think that if it was some kind of ban we'd have known how long he'd be out for from the beginning and announced a long time frame until he came back. The fact it seems to be taking a fair bit longer than expected makes it more likely to just be an injury that he's had a setback or two with.

UpWithRivers

This is what you get with injuries are a private matter bullsht. Why? Who decided this crap

Winrar

Strangest injury that I can remember. Is he actually dead and we’re just covering it up for some reason?

lex talionis

The admonition against baseless speculation notwithstanding, it is reasonable to speculate that something quiet serious other than an "injury" explains Malacia's complete absence this season.