U23s vs Blackburn

rooney2009

What a lovely game to watch
It was like playing against the old Stoke or Wimbledon but the boys kept playing their passing game and football won
I love watching this team atm

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hannibal by himself got kicked almost as much as the rest of the United team combined
They just targeting him constantly, probably thought they could get him either injured or sent off. All they did was make him play even better.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I thought Amad wasn't even at his best tonight, but he still ends up coming away with 3 assists and a goal which says it all.

He's going to be huge!
Very sensible though. Stayed out of trouble even while taking the piss. Think he just has quick feet and eludes tackles

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So who for MOM? Shoretire with the hat-trick, Diallo with a goal and 3 assists, Mejbri has been majestic I have to say, with Neville with by far the best game I’ve seen him have. No CB’s and Elanga injured as well. This team is such a strange but wonderful team to follow.
For me, it's among Shoretire, Amad, and Hannibal. It's tough for me to say; they've all been great. I think I'll have to give it to Shoretire for how well he linked the midfield and attack and the hat-trick.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Best thing about Hannibal is no matter how much he gets kicked, it makes him even more determined. He's got a proper winners attitude, Fernandes will love him.

Hannibal / Shoretire / Diallo should all be getting time into the first team soon.

laughtersassassin

Well two things are clear.

He is way way too good for the under 23s.

And he would offer more from the bench than some of the attackers we have on there.

The biggest thing I think he needs to work on is his shooting. His touch, dribbling and passing are already brilliant.

3 goals and 3 assists in two games.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Best game of Neville youth career so far. Happy for him.

Happy for Shoretire as the stick he gets blows my mind. Thats the top of the table team and he just destroyed them.

Amad and Mejbri. Feckin ell

siw2007

That was an awesome game of football! Huge credit to the young lads who fought back against a very physical team. Hannibal and Amad were both superb, both need their first team debuts soon!

redom

Jesus, only watched the second half and Blackburn could've had 2 reds being conservative. Don't think the refs doing them any favours letting them get away with challenges they're almost certain to get booked for in first team footy as they're not learning what they can and can't do, it also allows them to make lazy/cynical tackles to make up for poor positioning/timing.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Shoretire finally found his position it seems. So intelligent on the ball and works his heart out off the ball.

Mjebri and Amad are too good for this level.

DomesticTadpole

Best thing about Hannibal is no matter how much he gets kicked, it makes him even more determined. He's got a proper winners attitude, Fernandes will love him.

Hannibal / Shoretire / Diallo should all be getting time into the first team soon.
I hope we have some sort of a pre-season this year. That is when they usually put some of the kids in the squad. They look good enough to be there.

Inigo Montoya

Jesus, only watched the second half and Blackburn could've had 2 reds being conservative. Don't think the refs doing them any favours letting them get away with challenges they're almost certain to get booked for in first team footy as they're not learning what they can and can't do, it also allows them to make lazy/cynical tackles to make up for poor positioning/timing.
Fingers crossed

GueRed

Very entertaining game to watch.

Pleasing to see the young lads express themselves and show character by coming from behind.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably gonna see a few more batterings like this as the season progresses, we’ve got more than a couple PL level talents in this team and it shows.

Glorio

It was a shite ok :(
Careful! Some Scottish commentator got the sack for saying he went for a poo earlier this week I think (what a nonsense!).

Btw sure you weren't visiting one of your legendary tabs? :nono:

DomesticTadpole

Couldn't agree more, they are definitely not doing them any favours.

redom

Fingers crossed
I mean it'd be shocking if many of those Blackburn players made a career in the game but surely refs at that level are there to help them transition into mens football and teach them how the game will be refereed, not just take leniency on them cos they're young uns.

Fitchett

Brilliant performance, to come back from 4-2 down, playing great football against a team of thugs. Hannibal, Amad and Shoretire were excellent. Good stuff from Neville and Hugill. Referee absolutely abysmal, how many times was Hannibal fouled and how did Blackburn finish with 11 players on the pitch?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So who for MOM? Shoretire with the hat-trick, Diallo with a goal and 3 assists, Mejbri has been majestic I have to say, with Neville with by far the best game I’ve seen him have. No CB’s and Elanga injured as well. This team is such a strange but wonderful team to follow.
Shoretire, with Hannibal a very close second, Neville third and Diallo...it’s just too easy for him football.

Thiagoal

I must admit I never thought Neville had much about him when he played for the U18’s. However, he’s shown tonight that there is some real talent in there! If he has the same attitude and work rate of his dad then he could have a great career!

Inigo Montoya

I must admit I never thought Neville had much about him when he played for the U18’s. However, he’s shown tonight that there is some real talent in there! If he has the same attitude and work rate of his dad then he could have a great career!
No one ever dreams about being the next Gary Neville...well his nephew does.

feck Jamie Carragher :lol: