UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw 2012/13

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Thanks for the answers lads. A football fan for almost 20 years, and this is the first time I've took notice on the pots :lol:

Cina

Valencia, Juventus and Nordsjaelland please. Relatively difficult group that'll keep us on our toes.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Barca instead of Madrid and its the perfect group.
I spoke about this on another thread, but I chose Real over Barca due to their ridiculously high spending, which has obvious parallels with City and PSG (though Madrid of course earn their corn, not just have it handed to them - sort of); though that doesn't exactly exclude Barca, but clearly Real are on a level of their own.

In that scenario though Dortmund wouldn't fit as they aren't big spenders, but I just want City to have a tough group :p

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I want us to be debt free and win every trophy for the next 100 years.

Sadly I live in the real World where things like this don't happen.
There is no logical connection between winning one trophy this year and what you said. You weirdo.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
braga, lille, dortmund for me.

Nathan

Whoever we get drawn against i would like us to play our strongest team and ensure we qualify for the knockout phases very quickly. That means win our games regardless if its away or at home.

We dont need a repeat performance of last season, thinking that if we win our home games we are through. That approach wont work - hopefully everyone involved has learnt there lesson.

ICIP

Ajax surely is the dream draw? It'll be the last time the travelling fans can sample all the delights of Amsterdam presuming the away leg is before Christmas.

I want Celtic and Ajax personally. The pot 1 team is much of a muchness imo, although we have already beaten Porto home and away.

And the shittiest team in the competition as well. Villarreal had an awful season with no strikers in it for the most part.
City beat Villarreal twice, drew against Napoli at home and beat Bayern at home in the final game when Bayern had already won the group. Not the best campaign if you look at it. I remember their games. They weren't good.
Why weren't you watching the United games that were on at exactly the same time?

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
I don't want us to get drawn into too tough of a group (although arguably we should be favorites regardless of who we get), but then again I don't want a too easy one either, because feck complacency.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Ajax surely is the dream draw? It'll be the last time the travelling fans can sample all the delights of Amsterdam presuming the away leg is before Christmas.

I want Celtic and Ajax personally. The pot 1 team is much of a muchness imo, although we have already beaten Porto home and away.

Why weren't you watching the United games that were on at exactly the same time?
I'm with you on that one :)

TheReligion

Abusive

He said he remembers them, not watched them all....

Engage your brain

Havak

Pokemon master
What time is the actual draw in GMT? I have a hospital appointment at 4, bet I miss it ._.

We need an easy group due to our defensive injuries and no Rooney. I can see us still playing with an unfit (or at least not 'match-fit') Ferdinand and Smalling for the most-part of these group games. If they manage to make it back in time for some of the games, then weaker teams are obviously going to be the best way to bring them back into the side.

The main problem is probably utilising our squad properly. Don't forget, we have incredibly tough fixtures after each of our Group Games - so I'd like to be able to play Jones, Buttner, Young, Anderson, Hernandez etc in some Group Matches.

Liverpool Away, Tottenham Home, Newcastle Away, Chelsea Away, Aston Villa Away, QPR Home...

ICIP

He said he remembers them, not watched them all....

Engage your brain
Unless he recorded them and watched them later he's in no position to comment imo. Highlights packages aren't a great indicator of how a game was, especially when they can be put together in so many different ways.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Would be really be favorites to top the group which had Juve & Dortmund in it? Juventus are just as good as us, if not better. They had an invincible last season.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I predict: United, Zenit, PSG, Malaga.

Kaos

Dortmund and Celtic would be great. Great atmospheres, challenging and not too far to travel for the away legs.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Would be really be favorites to top the group which had Juve & Dortmund in it? Juventus are just as good as us, if not better. They had an invincible last season.
Yes, we would.
Juventus aren't as good as us, or better, you have no reason to say something like that. Yeah, they won the Serie A last season, which was a very weak one, heck Udinese came 3rd. They also had nothing to play for in Europe, and although I'm hardly saying they're crap, it's just really not fair to expect more out of Juventus than out of United.
And Dortmund, as good a team as they are and as highly as I rate them (if I had to choose a "2nd team", then Dortmund would definetely be it) have next to no experience in Europe, and haven't got as much quality in their ranks as we do.

Just so we're clear I'm not saying if we face them then we're definetely going to win, but the expetations should be such, that no mather who we face in the group stages, we should be the downright favorites to top the group, regardless of the possible opposition.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
:confused: What's happened to Amsterdam? Some Euro law against pot and prossies or something?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
:confused: What's happened to Amsterdam? Some Euro law against pot and prossies or something?
Pretty sure the owners have the option to enforce it, so obvs hardly any of them will.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
To be honest I'm not perfectly sure what's going on.
I know the government wants to make going to coffee shops for weed illegal for tourists, and only be available to those that live there and have some sort of membership card.
This ofcourse on top of making no sense what-so-ever, also seriously decreases Amsterdam's income and the owners and a lot of other people are already making a lot of noise, some owners even decided to go into politics because of this.
As to when this takes effect I've no idea, they've been talking about this possibly being implemented for over a year now.

All I know is I'm pissed as feck that I didn't get to go yet, and definetely won't be able to go there until atleast next year, and I'm damn sure that if I go there it won't be to watch flowers.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have seen them playing many games like season and they are not as good as us.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Always love the draw. Last year Porto got the easiest group ever and we were shit. I hope we get a moderately challenging group this time around, if we're not going through let it at least be against half-decent teams.

Still can't phantom our chances while Vitor Pereira is at the helm, no matter how good the team is on paper.

Eirik Raude

I hope we get the group of death, so that we don't underestimate anybody, play our strongest team every game, and get to see some real quality football, which is what CL is about for me.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I hope we get the group of death, so that we don't underestimate anybody, play our strongest team every game, and get to see some real quality football, which is what CL is about for me.
I don't disagree with the motivation, but in practice we have once again been screwed-over by the league fixtures around the time of the group stage games - if we have constant difficult games in the group then I'm sure that will affect our league campaign. In theory we should be strong enough to cope, but in practice we'd be seeing one vital first-team player drop down injured one after another until we're fecked in both.

Relatively easy draw please, and a massive improvement in team performances.

When do we estimate the actual draw will happen? Can't be bothered with the pre-draw horseshit.