UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw 2012/13

Scrumpet

There are no words
Can someone explain why Juve/City aren't in pot 1?
I think the coefficient is calculated using how you've done in the CL and Europa League over the past five seasons, rather than how you've done domestically, hence why Schalke are in pot 2 yet Dortmund only in pot 4.

.Phil1968

Bet we get Galatasaray, welcome to hell part 3.As others have said we need to play our best team in every game.I can see us going a long way this season, semis at least.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'd love City to get Madrid, PSG and Dortmund.

As for us: Braga, Anderlecht and Montpellier please.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
City would probably give that lot a good go, if not qualify. They got 10 pts last season in their first CL season with Bayern Munich in it!!
And the shittiest team in the competition as well. Villarreal had an awful season with no strikers in it for the most part.
City beat Villarreal twice, drew against Napoli at home and beat Bayern at home in the final game when Bayern had already won the group. Not the best campaign if you look at it. I remember their games. They weren't good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
United, Schalke, Anderlecht, Celtic is what I'm guessing we'll get. We usually get a pretty easy draw tbh, but this one would be pretty good. Three teams that aren't as shite or unknown as last years teams that would make us so complacent. Hopefully we have some exciting games as well.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
And the shittiest team in the competition as well. Villarreal had an awful season with no strikers in it for the most part.
City beat Villarreal twice, drew against Napoli at home and beat Bayern at home in the final game when Bayern had already won the group. Not the best campaign if you look at it. I remember their games. They weren't good.
How on earth did Napoli better them, then?:wenger:

And to think Sir Alex always keeps talking about the magic '10 points barrier' :lol:

ricky-romeo

United, Schalke 04 , Anderlecht, FC Nordsjælland

got a feeling we are going to get a tough group though..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How on earth did Napoli better them, then?:wenger:

And to think Sir Alex always keeps talking about the magic '10 points barrier' :lol:
I think he meant Villareal when he meant the worst team.. Napoli are quite good actually and City I think were just surprised at how devastating Lavezzi and Cavani were.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
After the farce that was last season, I hope we got a tough group and actually be serious about the whole thing.
Getting an 'easy' group again will not be such a bad idea. I dont think we havent learnt anything at all from last season. I prefer 'easy' group to be honest. Every team prefers it surely.

December_16

Getting an 'easy' group again will not be such a bad idea. I dont think we havent learnt anything at all from last season. I prefer 'easy' group to be honest. Every team prefers it surely.
The team/players might prefer it, but as fans/spectators, surely we should prefer some good ol' European nights instead of some Macedonian teams no one's ever heard of? I know it's hyperbole, but the disappointment of last year made me think that I'd rather not watch us go through the complacency-laden shite of playing in an easy group again. My personal opinion on it.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
The team/players might prefer it, but as fans/spectators, surely we should prefer some good ol' European nights instead of some Macedonian teams no one's ever heard of? I know it's hyperbole, but the disappointment of last year made me think that I'd rather not watch us go through the complacency-laden shite of playing in an easy group again. My personal opinion on it.
I intially wanted 2 'big' teams and one 'small' one. But hey, if we get through the group, we will definitely have some good ol' european big games indeed. So, 'easy' group + no complacency is the start I want. Dont want us to get good teams too early. We are, in a way, still a team in building and recovering, esp our defence and we are still trying formations for our forwards. My opinion as well.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Benfica, Juve and Celtic/Dortmund would be fun. Arguably we have to be more worried about Pot 3 than Pot 2.

kps88

Sick of Benfica. Juventus or Dortmund would be great.

Although us against the pressing of Dortmund would not be very fun to watch.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'd like Valencia, Juventus and that Danish team Nordsjælland.
Same here, would make for a good group, games, rival quality... and it's the sort of group were we need to be on the ball but wouldn't require firing on all cylinders to the detriment of the league.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Don't want Dortmund at all.

stubie

Manchester United
Dynamo Kyiv
Anderlecht
BATE

or

Manchester United
Braga
Olympiakos
Borrusia Dortmund

lapassion

Manchester United, Zenit St Petersburg, Juventus and Borrusia Dortmund please!