g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

UK Policing

gormless

Met Police officer charged with sexual assault of colleague https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60979195
It’s impossible to get rid of Police officers prior to a finding of guilt. Essentially it has to wait until the court case is resolved and then the internal hearing would take place. If he’s guilty it’s a quick one, if not guilty then a hearing takes place that may still result in him being fired due to the lower standard of proof required. I wouldn’t read anything into that

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Had a run in with a right arrogant prick of an officer on Friday night.

I’d been out for the evening and was getting home around the time the arena was kicking everyone out of whatever had been on that night. Poor timing on my part but whatever, I get to the corner of Victoria Street and they have parked a van across the road blocking people from driving down there.

I pulled to the side and wound my window down to try and speak to the officer who was stood there who immediately flung his arms in the air in exaggerated exasperation at my sheer nerve.

I politely explained “I live down there mate, it’s my only way home, I can show you my ID can you please let me past”

To which he starts yelling “you’ll have to go around”, in spite of my explaining to him that this isn’t an option, the road on the other side is busses only and has cameras so if I was to take his suggestion I’d receive a fine in the post.

He then starts fully yelling at me saying I’ll have to wait, he’s not moving his van just because I want him to, it’s an important safely issue, there’s bomb risks blah blah blah, not listening to any reason at all.

At this point the other officer who was with him (who had been chatting to some bloke) comes over and asks what’s going on. Dickhead says “he says he lives down there”, to which the other guys say “move and let him past then”.

I couldn’t help smile as he slumped his shoulders and went to move the van, he was fuming.

Stupid cnut.

I’d been out for the evening and was getting home around the time the arena was kicking everyone out of whatever had been on that night. Poor timing on my part but whatever, I get to the corner of Victoria Street and they have parked a van across the road blocking people from driving down there.

I pulled to the side and wound my window down to try and speak to the officer who was stood there who immediately flung his arms in the air in exaggerated exasperation at my sheer nerve.

I politely explained “I live down there mate, it’s my only way home, I can show you my ID can you please let me past”

To which he starts yelling “you’ll have to go around”, in spite of my explaining to him that this isn’t an option, the road on the other side is busses only and has cameras so if I was to take his suggestion I’d receive a fine in the post.

He then starts fully yelling at me saying I’ll have to wait, he’s not moving his van just because I want him to, it’s an important safely issue, there’s bomb risks blah blah blah, not listening to any reason at all.

At this point the other officer who was with him (who had been chatting to some bloke) comes over and asks what’s going on. Dickhead says “he says he lives down there”, to which the other guys say “move and let him past then”.

I couldn’t help smile as he slumped his shoulders and went to move the van, he was fuming.

Stupid cnut.
British police have been following this American plague lately and it pisses me off.

Bleat about terrorist threats, national security or some other such nonsense and you can justify being an arsehole to just about anyone on just about anything. Does anybody really believe you, Mr morbidly obese traffic cop, is party to the inner workings of MI5?

Oh and the more dressed up like an SAS trooper you are, the better, even if you're only on parking ticket duty.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Another damning indictment of the UK police.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

Stupid cnut.
How can that be when the police keep insisting that they police by consent.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
You just know that pervy men are going to have a sex change and train to become police officers to do this.
It's classic DM bollox, with the document quoted suggesting the police are fine with getting a biological female to do it, if there are objections- which will be treated as a 'non-crime incident' unless presumably the suspect lamps them.

'If the refusal is based on discriminatory views, consideration should be given for the incident [to] be recorded as a non-crime hate incident unless the circumstances amount to a recordable crimcri

:lol:You'd have to be a pretty dedicated creep to go through gender reassignment, then the police selection and training process just to get to feel a few women over their clothes.

Sara125

Too long; Didn’t listen-

Officer’s reason for detaining him in handcuffs- “we have reason to believe he has drugs on him because he ran towards his friend once he saw us”

Maybe he ran when he saw you sniffing about because he knows that you feckers have a track record of terrorising the feck out of the black community, especially young black boys?

Sara125

Please note that this is a DIFFERENT incident to the Child Q one.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It may be confirmation bias on my part, but I've dealt with a fair few officers and I'd say 2 were decent people who just did the job they were supposed to efficiently and effectively, the others were power hungry, confrontational and just damn right abusive.

I grew up in a rough council estate so police were called in nearly every weekend, I didn't realise how bad they were until I was old enough not to be told to go into the house, but the amount of times they used to square up to bystanders for laughing at the chavs causing the police to be called was ridiculous and it carried on even after a small riot broke out resulting in someone being stabbed and killed (no ambulance called until it was too late).

When I used to work as a mechanic we had a few police officers as customers, and a few were quite high up, and to say all of those were absolute cnuts would be an understatement of epic proportions, one particularly vile officer retired on his big pension and got a job for a lease firm, turns out he promptly got fired for theft.

Unfortunately it seems the police have a requirement to be able to join the force and that's to be an egotistical power hungry wanker.

hobbers

That is a pretty strong reminder about why sometimes the only option for police is to physically restrain people. No matter how bad the optics.

Would have undoubtedly saved his life. Instead he's left enough space and time to effectively kill himself.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
That is a pretty strong reminder about why sometimes the only option for police is to physically restrain people. No matter how bad the optics.

Would have undoubtedly saved his life. Instead he's left enough space and time to effectively kill himself.
Restraining him would have been the correct thing to do. But these cops are absolute cowards (and without proper training for sure), so they decide to keep the distance and keep tasing him, instead of jumping on him to immobilize him once he hits the floor.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I'm not a huge fan of the police, but I'm not sure what exactly they did wrong there? Are you not allowed to tazer someone because they're black now?

If a suspect is showing aggressive signs, and doesn't go down after being tazer, the guy is clearly no in his right mind then putting themselves in harms way like that wouldn't be wise either - the fact the suspect jumped off a bridge shows he was mentally unstable.

The wording in that first tweet is obviously going to stir up a lot of us/them talk for no real reason, there is racism in the police no doubt, but don't shout racism when they're using tools necessary to subdue suspects who are not cooperative.

Sweet Square

A man who died after falling into the River Thames following a confrontation with police who repeatedly fired a Taser at him was carrying a firelighter, and not a screwdriver as previously claimed, the police watchdog has said.

The man came face to face with police who were called to reports of a disturbance on Chelsea Bridge, London, just after 9am on 4 June.

In the immediate aftermath, the Metropolitan police said their officers had been called to reports of a man shouting and clutching a screwdriver.

The next day, a Met press statement issued, after the man had died following being pulled out of the water, said: “. Police were called at 09:03hrs on Saturday, 4 June, to a report of a disturbance in Chelsea Bridge Road, SW1. It was reported that a man was armed with a screwdriver and shouting at the location.”

After his death the Independent Office for Police Conduct began an investigation.

The man who died, Oladeji Adeyemi Omishore, 41, lived near Chelsea Bridge.

On Tuesday the IOPC said: “We have confirmed Mr Omishore was holding a plastic and metal firelighter when he was approached by two officers on Chelsea Bridge.

“The initial report to police stated he had a screwdriver. A Taser was discharged by one of the officers prior to the man entering the river. It has been confirmed the Taser was discharged more than once.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...being-shot-with-taser-was-holding-firelighter

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Homophobic; racist, incompetent, corrupt.
Stop paying them compliments.
They are much worse than that.

Seriously, I know these are not your words.

On a separate note. A friend son is becoming a police officer.
He has just completed the required fitness test.
He said it was far too easy and asked the trainer why it was so easy.
And he was told (unofficially) that if it was any more difficult, very few would pass...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They’re not fit for purpose. The whole institution needs to be scrapped and replaced.

TheReligion

Abusive
They’re not fit for purpose. The whole institution needs to be scrapped and replaced.
Certainly reform is needed however the government have plenty to answer for. Pay has been lowered, standards reduced and resources stripped back for years. Now the new recruitment drive (which still doesn’t restore numbers to where they were prior) is just about getting people in to meet the 20,000 number set by Boris.

If you want better standards pay should be increased, entry requirements more rigorous and money invested in to training amongst other things.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Throwing money at a fundamentally broken machine won’t fix it.

The machine needs scrapping.