UK Policing

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No one’s being strangled from what I can see tbh.
The one cop had his hand reversed over the side of his neck which prompted him to say that. The cop then readjusts his hand onto the side of his face. It looks like it was his thumb wrapped around the kid’s neck.

TheReligion

Abusive
The one cop had his hand reversed over the side of his neck which prompted him to say that. The cop then readjusts his hand onto the side of his face. It looks like it was his thumb wrapped around the kid’s neck.
His head was briefly pinned but no one was being strangled from what I could see.

They were a little rough with him but a pretty mild arrest really.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Great policing there, as for the supposed "victim", play stupid games you win stupid prizes - what do people seriously expect officers to do when someone goes through a few obvious blockades at speed towards the Kings motorcade? Tickle him? He's being restrained, and the officer restraining him moves his hand when he hears the person saying he's being strangled.

I'm not a fan of the police force, but why try make something out of nothing?

TheReligion

Abusive
Great policing there, as for the supposed "victim", play stupid games you win stupid prizes - what do people seriously expect officers to do when someone goes through a few obvious blockades at speed towards the Kings motorcade? Tickle him? He's being restrained, and the officer restraining him moves his hand when he hears the person saying he's being strangled.

I'm not a fan of the police force, but why try make something out of nothing?
They are THUGS!

How very dare you say otherwise

gormless

Thugs. The ‘good apple’ on the side may not have joined in, but didn’t condemn her colleagues’ unnecessary use of force either.

You seem exceptionally removed from real life. He clearly knew the road was closed and ignored it as seen in the other video, despite the language in the original tweet. He was taken to the floor and handcuffed. The cop removed his hand when he said he was being strangled. In a world where lone terrorists with knives happen every so often, during a week and event where an attack would have been one of the most attractive terrorist targets ever, what do you want to happen?

Even removing the terrorism aspect, a potential protestor roller skating into the Kings motorcade during this high media attention week still needs dealing with.

Wilt

Police did a good job there ….he could have been armed, gun, knife, explosive device, god knows what, police weren’t to know.

Hope his fall hurt like hell.

hobbers

Perfect level of force used on a total moron, who wouldn't have had a right to complain if they'd clotheslined him instead.

Sara125

Sara125

Can’t believe that only a handful of bad apples are capable of over 600 DV and sexual related offences.

Oh wait? You mean to tell me it’s much more than just a handful?

TheReligion

Abusive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63162881

The Metropolitan Police is investigating more than 600 domestic and sexual abuse allegations against its officers, the BBC has been told.
They needed a fecking report to come to this conclusion?

‘Sack sexist and racist officers’ Met police report rules

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...t-and-racist-officers-met-police-report-rules
I for one, am shocked. Shocked i tell you. Worse thing is, there's probably a lot more cases that haven't been reported.
The new Commissioner has a huge job on his hands here

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses

*pretends to be shocked*
Just read this article in The Times.

https://apple.news/A73ZFeqnrQF6TvtbarVkLpA

Forces have accepted applicants with convictions for robbery, indecent exposure and domestic abuse. One recruit was a pimp and others were caught lying about their families’ involvement in serious crime, including drug dealing.

His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services said that hundreds if not thousands of corrupt officers were working in England and Wales. Forces had a risk threshold that was “too low” in their drive for recruits and, in at least one case, to improve diversity’

Quote from the article.

Hopefully @TheReligion is one of the good guys

TheReligion

Abusive
Just read this article in The Times.

https://apple.news/A73ZFeqnrQF6TvtbarVkLpA

Forces have accepted applicants with convictions for robbery, indecent exposure and domestic abuse. One recruit was a pimp and others were caught lying about their families’ involvement in serious crime, including drug dealing.

His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services said that hundreds if not thousands of corrupt officers were working in England and Wales. Forces had a risk threshold that was “too low” in their drive for recruits and, in at least one case, to improve diversity’

Quote from the article.

Hopefully @TheReligion is one of the good guys
The question people should be asking is why and how is this happening?

Essentially it boils down to government cuts and lack of spending. Vetting, training and recruitment costs money. A lot of money.

Over the years the government has continued to underfund the police service and in 2010, under austerity measures brought in by Cameron/Osbourne, froze police recruitment for several years. Since then they have drip fed small volumes from time to time but never made up the numbers lost each year of the freeze (through natural wastage/retirement etc).

As you can imagine numbers dropped lower and lower. With no recruitment those departments responsible were stripped back to nothing. The same for training.

Upon finally accepting numbers had dropped beyond critical levels the government then push things like ‘20,000 new officers’ and seek to fast track people in to try and fill the huge gaps all over the country.

They do this though whilst still refusing to spend what is required on the service expecting it to be able to attract, vet, process and train these recruits on a shoestring.

As a quick comparison when I joined it took around 18 months to get through each stage of the process, pass vetting and receive an conditional offer. Now I hear that happening in as little as 8 weeks.

I’m hardly surprised that these things are happening. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
The question people should be asking is why and how is this happening?

Essentially it boils down to government cuts and lack of spending. Vetting, training and recruitment costs money. A lot of money.

Over the years the government has continued to underfund the police service and in 2010, under austerity measures brought in by Cameron/Osbourne, froze police recruitment for several years. Since then they have drip fed small volumes from time to time but never made up the numbers lost each year of the freeze (through natural wastage/retirement etc).

As you can imagine numbers dropped lower and lower. With no recruitment those departments responsible were stripped back to nothing. The same for training.

Upon finally accepting numbers had dropped beyond critical levels the government then push things like ‘20,000 new officers’ and seek to fast track people in to try and fill the huge gaps all over the country.

They do this though whilst still refusing to spend what is required on the service expecting it to be able to attract, vet, process and train these recruits on a shoestring.

As a quick comparison when I joined it took around 18 months to get through each stage of the process, pass vetting and receive an conditional offer. Now I hear that happening in as little as 8 weeks.

I’m hardly surprised that these things are happening. You get what you pay for.
Yeah totally agree.

The last 12 years of Tory rule has reduced all public services to the point of breaking.

Less police on the streets its no wonder theres more crime.

The whole infrastructure must be at the point of collapse with all these cuts.

gormless

The Met have a registered sex offender as a Superintendent. They desperately want to sack said Super but are unable to.

Vetting really isn't good enough at moment. I am aware of in one force of at least onen ew starter closely related to a high ranking OCG member, whom upon being transferred away from an area where he may have been of use to said OCG, simply just quit. No idea how it wasn't picked up by vetting in the first place

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Woman pleasuring herself. Oh no, what is the world coming to!?
I think it’s more about the touching yourself at work, in uniform, and then lying about it part, rather than just “woman pleasures herself, breaking news”. Even for an organisation filled with cretins like the Sun, I’m sure they know about female masturbation, or have at least heard rumours

Feel bad for her though, even if the other part of the case (the taking pictures of evidence part) was stupid

Sara125

More exemplary behaviour by a met officer. I, for one, definitely put my trust in them to protect and serve the public :rolleyes: