Underperforming Giggs

Member 5225

This is not a knee-jerk reaction by any means, but it just seems as if we seem to be carrying him EVERY game that he plays....he is a legend and all, and all due respect to him, but he just doesn't seem to cut it lately...

vanthaman

Winner
Yea, he's had a great career at the club, but he's no longer up to speed, too slow and sluggish, his game relies on pace which he sadly no longer posseses, sad to say it. i dont think he should start any games at all, unless its carling cup or something

Rossi19

Tag Master
Agreed.

The fact Fergie bought Park on for Tevez, rather than Giggs astounds me.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This is not a knee-jerk reaction by any means, but it just seems as if we seem to be carrying him EVERY game that he plays....he is a legend and all, and all due respect to him, but he just doesn't seem to cut it lately...
Park should have replaced Giggs and not Tevez.

Every time Giggs gets the ball i now instantly think he's going to feck up.

CR#7

played like complete shite, hasn't had half the form he did last season.

Fergies Formula

Today he was shit, i counted up to 15 times where he just gave away the ball then i lost count with anger, the whole team werent great today but the lack of threat gives us from a postion which should carry an attacking threat hampers our play, time to move on giggs, be fare to the supporters and your teams mates call it a day

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
Why the feck didn't he get taken off is beyond me . He was the weakest in our team...feck , he was the weakest player on the pitch . Tevez off for Park and Giggs stays on , contributing to sweet feck-all . Was completely absent in the last 20 or so minutes . He has to feck off .

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Totally agree every player has to continously justify their place in the starting lineup, on present form he behind both Nani and park and should hand the arm band to Ferdinand whilst he sits on the bench.

Legend? yes. But its now time to begin to usher in a new age.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I thought he had an average game today, wasn't great but wasn't poor either. Found it funny when SAF was having a go at him telling him to keep his eyes open. Tevez was far worse than Giggs today.

One thing I found disappointing about Giggs today was his final ball, it was very poor on occasions.

Bape

Poor performance yet again..

Both Nani (when he's back) and Park should be ahead of him in the pecking order going on current form.

Veron

Varun
He is only being played because of that record in sight...

He has been utter garbabe last few months and that's the truth,whether its down to losing steam or desire of having won it 10 times i do not know.

He has no clue of the pace of the game and is only usefull in set pieces.

rant over.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's been shit all season bar one or two matches but today he hit a all new low

He was fecking useless. :mad:

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
He played well today.

Shit timing for a shit thread.
This thread could have been launched any time over the last 15 or so games. He was ok today but by no means excelled himself, which would be fine if he hadn't been average for the last 10 or so games. My original point still stands he's a lege, but their are player behind him who could be currently contributing more.

twitter thread suggester
He played well today.

No he didn't.

Shit respons to a well-timed thread.
Giggs has looked below average way too many times this season and today was no different.

Boogie Woogie

If he's in the starting lineup against Arsenal i'm slicing my wrists .

Merman

Giggs has earned the right to start any match he wants to, even if that means we are going to lose the title. SAF knows it and he will start him again until he will break the record or maybe even further.

P.S Before anybody calls me, let me tell you I'm a TOP RED.

P.P.S Forgot :rolleyes:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This thread could have been launched any time over the last 15 or so games. He was ok today but by no means excelled himself, which would be fine if he hadn't been average for the last 10 or so games. My original point still stands he's a lege, but their are player behind him who could be currently contributing more.
And it has. After almost every one of those last 15 games. How's about bumping one of those, instead of starting another one? Hence, it's a shit thread. It's a boring, predictable, knee-jerk thread, one of many that pop up every time we drop any points.

And the shit timing is because Giggs did ok today. That was a long way from his worst performance this season. He wasn't at his best but not many were.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
agreed. always some w@nker looking for someone to blame. a different result today, like an injury time winner and this thread would not have been happening.

i disagree totally bout giggs being carried every game. If the authour of this pathetic thread watched any games, he would be aware that giggs movement has opened up alot of space/taking defenders out of the game, for CR to stroll in a bag a hat full of goals.

crap thread. what should we do then paz?

"sorry son, but you're just not good enough. want to go to carlisle on loan till your contract expires?" turn it in man

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
He played well today.

He was ok. A lot of moves broke down because of him. He doesn't have the cutting edge of Ronaldo or Rooney to link up with them. Scholes still does. He is now best at just sliding those balls in. He is best suited to that that third MF role now but given our MF strength at the moment, he is down the pecking order there as well.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
And it has. After almost every one of those last 15 games. How's about bumping one of those, instead of starting another one? Hence, it's a shit thread. It's a boring, predictable, knee-jerk thread, one of many that pop up every time we drop any points.

And the shit timing is because Giggs did ok today. That was a long way from his worst performance this season. He wasn't at his best but not many were.
Spot on...

CantonaVeron

It was a toss up between Giggs and Tevez on who was playing the worst both had a forgetable day and I get the feeling Ferguson doesn't rate Tevez that highly and I would be suprised if we take up the buying option on his loan deal. All that said there were a few off performances today especially in defence so giggsy does not deserve to be singled out.

Boogie Woogie

I thought he had an average game today, wasn't great but wasn't poor either. Found it funny when SAF was having a go at him telling him to keep his eyes open. Tevez was far worse than Giggs today.

One thing I found disappointing about Giggs today was his final ball, it was very poor on occasions.
Are you kidding me . He was shite...complete utter horse shite . He was the player that contributed the least to our attacks . Went missing for large portions of the game . We posed more of a threat with the rest of our players except him . Fergie should've subbed him early in the second half or on half time .

And why the feck didn't we pull the trigger near their penalty area with such a slippery surface a deflected shot would've been likely to happen . At times it looked like we wanted to walk it in

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I think, based on whatever, that SAF rates Giggs for his experience, his calming effect, or something like that, on players such as Rooney and Ronaldo. He knows what's needed to win a game, he wont panic..been there, done that kinda thing. Oh and he's still a classy player. The only other player like this we've got in our attack is Scholes, who isnt really a leader, by my understanding

vanthaman

Winner
Anyone who thinks Giggs should start important games is as deluded as the liverpool fans who think they will win the league.

Sentiments wont get you anywhere

Smash-E

what about when he stood still after Park chested him the ball?

Fergie obviously didn't like it either.

IhabX7

Fergie was furious with him when Park chested it down and Giggs had no awareness of the proceedings..

He has been absolutely awful this season, his passing and set pieces are really, really awful.

sin65

Left wing radical
He contributed the least to our attack? So how did Giggs to Park to Rooney ---- Goal, happen?

maybe Fergie knows a bit about this football stuff.

One things for sure, you lot are predictable smacked arse cnuts.

Cold_Boy

Giggs has earned the right to start any match he wants to, even if that means we are going to lose the title. SAF knows it and he will start him again until he will break the record or maybe even further.

P.S Before anybody calls me, let me tell you I'm a TOP RED.

P.P.S Forgot :rolleyes:
:lol:You are more deluded than I ever thought.

Even Giggs wouldn't want that.

Dyslexic Untied

He wasn`t our worst performer, we have a few defenders that can battle for that honour today. But Giggs isn`t in top form though, and at current form Park should be ahead of him in the starting 11, as well as Nani. And Carrick should take corner kicks if Nani isn`t on. A corner from the left should always be taken with a right foot. Carrick should take them, Giggs puts too much air on his corners, makes it easy to clear and hard to get any power with a header.

Cina

Sorry but .. he was easily our worst player today. The amount of passes and through balls he fecked up was outrageous. So many attacks were ended because the ball was given to Giggs.

I've been saying for months that he can't cut it anymore, and usually getting loads of stick for doing so. At last people are starting to see the light.

And I think the word 'deluded' sums things up perfectly, he's on the pitch for what he's contributed on the past, not what he's contributing now.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
He contributed the least to our attack? So how did Giggs to Park to Rooney ---- Goal, happen?

I think it was Carrick to Park

When he missed the chest pass from Park I was thinking he has been back on his heels today, then they showed SAF having a go at him about the same thing, he's not running well off the ball.

vanthaman

Winner

obviously he did a few good things in the match, we arent denying that, but the dissapointing things he did in the match more than outweigh the good things.

i understand alot of people are attached to players, especially the old guard, but there is a time when players are past it, and Giggs is pretty much past it

Julian Denny

15 games ago ? I said in a thread at the beginning of the season that my biggest fear was that Fergie would pick Ryan to start consistently this season instead of playing him from the bench. Giving him he captaincy was clear confirmation. He simply does not contribute anything much anymore. Yes he'll have the odd moment in the odd game but really I lost count of the times he gave the ball away today. He takes corners and that's about it. To cap it all Fergie subbed Tevez and stuck Giggs in a strikers role. Misplaced loyalty - I just hope it doesn't cost us.