Underperforming Giggs

I_live_cement

Cat freak
I'm starting to resent Giggs. Had a great career at the club but recently everytime he is in the starting line up I worry. Am I a true fan? :(

Wes

Thought he played quite well today tbh. Must we go through this shite every week, the bloke is 34, and i trust SAF not to pick him out of sentiment.

He's capable of magic, don't forget that.

IhabX7

Sorry but .. he was easily our worst player today. The amount of passes and through balls he fecked up was outrageous. So many attacks were ended because the ball was given to Giggs.

I've been saying for months that he can't cut it anymore, and usually getting loads of stick for doing so. At last people are starting to see the light.

And I think the word 'deluded' sums things up perfectly, he's on the pitch for what he's contributed on the past, not what he's contributing now.
Spot on. Its good that Nani is coming back on wednesday, he's currently much better than Giggs, much more effective.

kundalini

Poor performance yet again..

Both Nani (when he's back) and Park should be ahead of him in the pecking order going on current form.
Agree with that.

Park looked far, far, superior, when he came on.

Thought Tevez was totally irrelevant today and not surprised he came off.

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
What i can't get though is how you take off a striker and replace him with a midfielder (Tevez off , Park on) when you're chasing a game and leave your obvious weak link on the pitch . The defenders need a kick up the arse too .

Ekeke

Another poor performance. Should have taken Giggs off and pushed Tevez further forward (I've no idea why he was playing so deep in the first place)

Name Changed

weso26
What i can't get though is how you take off a striker and replace him with a midfielder (Tevez off , Park on) when you're chasing a game and leave your obvious weak link on the pitch . The defenders need a kick up the arse too .
Exactly, altough Tevez was not performing well, Giggs was his usual self, poor. He should have been taken off. Park did really well though, as did all the United subs. Hargreaves is a much better rb than Brown, especially attacking wise. He can actually cross it (with either foot). Pique did well. I'd prefer to see him in the side than O'Shea.

Cornell

I'm starting to resent Giggs. Had a great career at the club but recently everytime he is in the starting line up I worry. Am I a true fan? :(
You're a fickle fan at least.

How on EARTH you can resent Ryan fecking Giggs after all he has done for the club is beyond me.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Thought he played quite well today tbh. Must we go through this shite every week, the bloke is 34, and i trust SAF not to pick him out of sentiment.

He's capable of magic, don't forget that.
Agree, but sadly looks like we're in the minority mate.

Wes

Well yeah but .. 2 bits of magic in 33 games is a bit of a low ratio, is it not?
yes.

That's why he strayed on today though. A lot of the time players are picked because they can be relied upon to contribute to a match. Giggs is far more likely than Tevez to do that. I agree Narni should come straight back into the team when he's fit though.

Giggs goes through stages of complete shit form, he'll get it back. Whatever way you look at it, badmouthing the most decorated Manchester United player ever is a spasticated activity best left to arseholes.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I'm just glad it's SAF's opinion that matters, and not the general opinion of the Caf :)

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Ryan is by far still my favourite player, but he doent have the legs anymore. He lost the bll on countless occasions and I'm almost sure he lost possesion of the ball for 2nd boro goal.

I'm sorry but its time that saf only playes him at home, but away when teams play out of their skin, then we need to be able to counter with pace and keep possesion.

Sam

Did Fergie not say that the team he put out today, bar the injured Vidic, was our best team?

He still obviously has faith in Giggs. So, so should we.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Giggs wasn't the worst player out there - he wasn't our worst plyer going backwards (plenty of competition there) and he wasn't even our worst player going forwards (that's why tevez got sustituted)

In general - he still has his moments but they're getting fewer but I don't buy he's in there on sentiment - it's a matter of options and yes, experience does matter, in some games it matters a lot. That said - it's difficult now to imagine that he can hold his place against a fit and on-form Nani (if we get him back fit and on-form) and it may even be hard for him to hold his starting place against Park.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
You're a fickle fan at least.

How on EARTH you can resent Ryan fecking Giggs after all he has done for the club is beyond me.
Call me anything you like but don't call me fickle. Fickle fans are those that booed Ferguson a few years ago for the formation he played or the ones that hated Carrick last year but now all of a sudden love him.

sin65

Left wing radical
yes.

That's why he strayed on today though. A lot of the time players are picked because they can be relied upon to contribute to a match. Giggs is far more likely than Tevez to do that. I agree Narni should come straight back into the team when he's fit though.

Giggs goes through stages of complete shit form, he'll get it back. Whatever way you look at it, badmouthing the most decorated Manchester United player ever is a spasticated activity best left to arseholes.
Well said,theres a reason every other football fan thinks united fans are cnuts and this thread pretty much sums it up.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Giggs has earned the right to start any match he wants to, even if that means we are going to lose the title. SAF knows it and he will start him again until he will break the record or maybe even further.

P.S Before anybody calls me, let me tell you I'm a TOP RED.

P.P.S Forgot :rolleyes:
You are fecking idiot.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Well said,theres a reason every other football fan thinks united fans are cnuts and this thread pretty much sums it up.
oh ffs, this is a forum for unite supporters to talk about things. are we all suppose to agree and sign happy praises to our players. have you seen other forums like this, they pretty much do the same.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Giggs is still a top class player.

Cina

yes.

I've never badmouthed Giggs. Badmouthing a player and saying he's playing crap are two entirely different things. I fecking hate this bollocks that people come out with, saying that you can't say Giggs has been playing shite (not that you said this, but others have) because he's one of our best ever players.

Why the feck not? If a player is playing shit and costing us vital points then we have every right to criticize their performances, no matter how many trophies they've won. This isn't a 'stage' of shit form, this is an entire season of shit form (and the second half of last season as well), and he's 34 years old. No, he will NOT get his form back, and anyone who thinks he will is deluded.

Giggs would probably play better at a club without so many pacey forward players, because his is gone. Our counter attacks are so fast with Rooney, tevez, Ronaldo etc, but as soon as the ball goes to Giggs, it's not a counter attack anymore.

dave007

Proud Squareballer
This is not a knee-jerk reaction by any means, but it just seems as if we seem to be carrying him EVERY game that he plays....he is a legend and all, and all due respect to him, but he just doesn't seem to cut it lately...
Couldn't agree with you anymore...still obviously has class, but should be in your starting line up.

Would he be in Chelsea's, Arsenal's or even Liverpool's starting line up? I can see why Fergie feels he should be loyal to him though.

Tonjo

If United wants to be champions for the 10th time, there is not room for sentiments. Even if Giggs was once upon a time great, if he is not at his best form, he should not be in the team. He is running scared of an injury, I don't know why. Look at his positional play, awful and he is afraid to tackle or stretch. Scholes wasn't good but he has put in effort in his tackles.
The rest of United team did not perform too well was mainly due to the fact that they were dejected as Giggs, their captain, was the spoiler, in most of the attacking moves that involved him. I think that for the rest of Uniteds game, Giggs should only be introduced when game is safe and won.

Wes

I've never badmouthed Giggs. Badmouthing a player and saying he's playing crap are two entirely different things. I fecking hate this bollocks that people come out with, saying that you can't say Giggs has been playing shite (not that you said this, but others have) because he's one of our best ever players.

Why the feck not? If a player is playing shit and costing us vital points then we have every right to criticize their performances, no matter how many trophies they've won. This isn't a 'stage' of shit form, this is an entire season of shit form (and the second half of last season as well), and he's 34 years old. No, he will NOT get his form back, and anyone who thinks he will is deluded.

Giggs would probably play better at a club without so many pacey forward players, because his is gone. Our counter attacks are so fast with Rooney, tevez, Ronaldo etc, but as soon as the ball goes to Giggs, it's not a counter attack anymore.
OTT

He's not had the best of seasons, but i thought he was fecking superb last year, bar the odd game here and there.

Regarding his pace, we've enough pacey players in the side to compensate, we've only got 1 with the footballing brain approaching Ryan Giggs, Rooney. I'll defend him to the hilt, so you'd better dig a trench, mate.

gh78

Fergie didn't look too happy with him but will never drop him fans can't see past his past accomplishments

Merman

Giggs will play you fecking wankers. You can't do a thing about it. Shut the feck up and hail giggsy.

thecliff

Don't think anyone was up to it today. Giggs wasn't our worst player either, thought Tevez was. But we'll be back, beating Arse next weekend, we can even loose that game and still be in front, and if we draw against "The Rent Boys" we can still be champions. It's all up to us! Think we'll pull it of!

gh78

People aren't blaming Giggs just for losing this game but pointing out that his from this season doesn't warrant a first team place.