Underperforming Giggs

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
Some people showing blind faith on these forums . If on the day you're engine's not performing to its full potential don't you replace the mulfunctioning part ? Tevez was playing deep for most of the match , hence why he was poor . Giggs gave away possession far too much and was the obvious weak link . Without possession you can't do shite which is one thing i can't stomach is when a player gives away the ball on most occassions . Having pushed Tevez upfront allongside Rooney would've proved far more effective instead of having Tevez dropping deep or playing in the hole , thats why we have Scholes . Lets face it Tevez was not upfront alonside Rooney for the majority of the game . Some might argue that that's part of his game but the fact remains is that Tevez should've been pushed upfront and feckin' stayed there for the counter attacks . In the end Ronaldo and Park proved far more effective as wingers than Ronaldo and Giggs . When you're chasing a game who would you rather have looking for that goal , a midfielder or a striker .

Wes

Some people showing blind faith on these forums . If on the day you're engine's not performing to its full potential don't you replace the mulfunctioning part ? Tevez was playing deep for most of the match , hence why he was poor . Giggs gave away possession far too much and was the obvious weak link . Without possession you can't do shite which is one thing i can't stomach is when a player gives away the ball on most occassions . Having pushed Tevez upfront allongside Rooney would've proved far more effective instead of having Tevez dropping deep or playing in the hole , thats why we have Scholes . Lets face it Tevez was not upfront alonside Rooney for the majority of the game . Some might argue that that's part of his game but the fact remains is that Tevez should've been pushed upfront and feckin' stayed there for the counter attacks . In the end Ronaldo and Park proved far more effective as wingers than Ronaldo and Giggs . When you're chasing a game who would you rather have looking for that goal , a midfielder or a striker .
Tevez plays far too deep in general. Thats got feck all to do with Ryan Giggs

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Giggs gave away possession far too much and was the obvious weak link . Without possession you can't do shite which is one thing i can't stomach is when a player gives away the ball on most occassions .
We had 66% possession today....

When you're chasing a game who would you rather have looking for that goal , a midfielder or a striker .
You realise of course that our leading scorer is a midfielder...

Cina

I'll defend him to the hilt, so you'd better dig a trench, mate.
Well that's your problem right there. It's hilarious that you, and many others will admit that he's playing poor, and has been for some time, and still think he should have a first team place.

Like I said, Giggs is a United legend, and anyone who debates that is a cnut. But just because of that he should still keep his place? No, because that would be retarded.

Fergies Formula

I'm starting to resent Giggs. Had a great career at the club but recently everytime he is in the starting line up I worry. Am I a true fan? :(
Well only you know if your a true fan, but dont feel bad about resenting giggs, your only resenting the ryan giggs on the pitch, which is fair enough, i fecking resent him and i resent him fecking starting for us, i think this season he has impressed me 2wice, in every other game ive been disappointed by him, and ive had enough, i respect what he has done and i think he is a great guy, but the time really has passed, i couldnt give a shit if people slate me for saying this but its just how i feel.

I am not gonna list what he cant do because its there for everyone to see now, i will say this though people that say he needs to be in there for his experience and calmin on other players, thats bollocks, he does nothing close to that, how can he be given that praise when almost every time he gets the ball moves break down, he losses the ball or chooses the wrong option, too many times when a goal could have come of it.

Im angry about todays result, so i might come across harsh, but my opinion on giggs has stayed the same all season, and his performcances futher back my criticism of him as a player now. I firmly believe that giggs is only there now because of loyalties, sentimentality and bobby charltons record.

Dont get me started on the captaincy issue because that is a travesty :mad:

Boogie Woogie

has quit smoking that shit
Tevez plays far too deep in general. Thats got feck all to do with Ryan Giggs
Re-read my post please . I'll say it again if you missed it . Remove Giggs , Bring on Park . Push Tevez upfront alongside Rooney and let the fecker stay there for the counters .
Giggs was poor today . period . You can wank off to all the past achievments all you want but on the day he was piss poor going forward when we needed that extra edge in attack .
A poor performance warrants critcism be it Giggs or the fecking Dalai Lama .

reelworld

Like I said, Giggs is a United legend, and anyone who debates that is a cnut. But just because of that he should still keep his place? No, because that would be retarded.
Considering we only have 3 fit wingers with one who only have 3 first team appearance after 1 year long injury, who the feck should start if not Giggs?
Lee fecking Martin?

Cina

Considering we only have 3 fit wingers with one who only have 3 first team appearance after 1 year long injury, who the feck should start if not Giggs?
Lee fecking Martin?
Clearly the discussion isn't just about right now, when Nani was fit Giggs was still getting selection over him.

And actually, I'd pick Park over Giggs right now.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Roy Keane has five kids, partly because of his Iri
Well only you know if your a true fan, but dont feel bad about resenting giggs, your only resenting the ryan giggs on the pitch, which is fair enough, i fecking resent him and i resent him fecking starting for us, i think this season he has impressed me 2wice, in every other game ive been disappointed by him, and ive had enough, i respect what he has done and i think he is a great guy, but the time really has passed, i couldnt give a shit if people slate me for saying this but its just how i feel.

I am not gonna list what he cant do because its there for everyone to see now, i will say this though people that say he needs to be in there for his experience and calmin on other players, thats bollocks, he does nothing close to that, how can he be given that praise when almost every time he gets the ball moves break down, he losses the ball or chooses the wrong option, too many times when a goal could have come of it.

Im angry about todays result, so i might come across harsh, but my opinion on giggs has stayed the same all season, and his performcances futher back my criticism of him as a player now. I firmly believe that giggs is only there now because of loyalties, sentimentality and bobby charltons record.

That's spot on for me. Respect for saying it how you see it. At the risk of upsetting some of the senior members of this forum I have to say I've given him chance after chance after chance in my mind but today was the last straw for me, fourth choice winger in my opinion now. He's had one good game against Blackburn this season and a couple of OK games but has consistantly been wasteful with possession in far too many games. Poor corners, poor free kicks, lack of pace, it hurts to see a club legend in decline, but sometimes you have to call it as you see it.

Wes

That's spot on for me. Respect for saying it how you see it. At the risk of upsetting some of the senior members of this forum I have to say I've given him chance after chance after chance in my mind but today was the last straw for me, fourth choice winger in my opinion now. He's had one good game against Blackburn this season and a couple of OK games but has consistantly been wasteful with possession in far too many games. Poor corners, poor free kicks, lack of pace, it hurts to see a club legend in decline, but sometimes you have to call it as you see it.
You're fully entitled to your opinion. I just disagree with it.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
Lee fecking Martin?
Park should be selected over Giggs on merit.

Anyone who has been watching the reserves this season will know Chris Eagles has been playing some outstanding football. Maybe he deserves some kind of a chance in the first team ??

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too

Now I'm no expert on football like most on here, but I'm pretty sure Giggs' experience will only benefit our younger players in the future. He might not always succeed with what he does on the pitch, but I'm pretty sure that if anyone knows how and when to do something, it'd be Giggs. A while back Simpson started his first game (I think. He at least started a game), and what did he say after the game? He had Rio with his experience and guidance next to him

vanthaman

Winner
lets sign Teddy Sherringham again, start him every game, doesnt matter what he plays like, his experience will be valuable to the younger players.

Member 5225

spot on

Member 5225

Now I'm no expert on football like most on here, but I'm pretty sure Giggs' experience will only benefit our younger players in the future. He might not always succeed with what he does on the pitch, but I'm pretty sure that if anyone knows how and when to do something, it'd be Giggs. A while back Simpson started his first game (I think. He at least started a game), and what did he say after the game? He had Rio with his experience and guidance next to him
in the dressing room and training field, yes
on the football pitch, no

reelworld

Clearly the discussion isn't just about right now, when Nani was fit Giggs was still getting selection over him.

And actually, I'd pick Park over Giggs right now.
Nani was adjusting to the league. If he fecked up worse than Giggs you'll be all over him to.
Park just played 3 days ago. There's no way he'll start today.

Let me say this again:
We conceded goals due to defensive errors, and people are picking up on Giggs. Unfeckingbelievable.

And those who think that Fergie starts him because of some fecking records or sentimentality, you're all fecking idiots. It's the fecking same idiocy with Fletcher starts because he was fecking Scottish.

Tumbling-Dice

Caf Nostradamus
You're fully entitled to your opinion. I just disagree with it.
As you are entitled to yours too man.

I just wonder what you disagree with and what you think Giggs has to offer at the moment.
I know it's not that long ago since the 7-1 Roma game where he set up 5 or 6 goals. Is there one last big run of form to come ? or even one big match where it really matters ?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Err .. stick Ronaldo on the left then? fecking hell, some people have to make gripes over such shitty little things.
Ronaldo is far more effective from the right or through the middle...

In the first leg against Roma when giggs didnt play Rooney played left for most of the game... so doubt Fergie is going to stick Ronaldo on the left for an entire game...

e.cantona

lets sign Teddy Sherringham again, start him every game, doesnt matter what he plays like, his experience will be valuable to the younger players.
Well I'm not saying he should start, I'm not saying he shouldnt start either, but he still contributes on the pitch.. It might not be with stepovers or brilliant passes every game

Cina

Nani was adjusting to the league. If he fecked up worse than Giggs you'll be all over him to.
Park just played 3 days ago. There's no way he'll start today.

Let me say this again:
We conceded goals due to defensive errors, and people are picking up on Giggs. Unfeckingbelievable.

And those who think that Fergie starts him because of some fecking records or sentimentality, you're all fecking idiots. It's the fecking same idiocy with Fletcher starts because he was fecking Scottish.
You're a fecking idiot yourself, have you read this thread at all? I haven't blamed Giggs for the fact that we drew today, of course it's not entirely his fault, it's never entirely a players fault. BUT he didn't exactly help matters did he? There were a huge number of attacks that went wrong because the ball went to him and he fecked up.

Like I said before, I'm talking about the entire season, not just one fecking game. Park had to be rested? Erm why, in that case the rest of the team should've been rested. The fact was that Giggs was rested for the Roma game so he could play this one. And what the feck are you on about, Nani is adjusting? Who gives a shit, he's still playing far better than Giggs.

I don't know why Fergie still picks Giggs before Nani or Park, no I do not think it's because of his status in the club, though I do think that the people who defend him on this forum do so for that reason. But tell me this, and be completely, utterly honest, no lying bollocks because you love the guy so much, going on Giggs form this season in comparison to Nani, and Park in his few weeks back, does he still deserve his place in the first team?

Wes

As you are entitled to yours too man.

I just wonder what you disagree with and what you think Giggs has to offer at the moment.
I know it's not that long ago since the 7-1 Roma game where he set up 5 or 6 goals. Is there one last big run of form to come ? or even one big match where it really matters ?
I've actually given that quite a bit of thought,because I agree, in order to be appreciated fully he needs another big performance, and it'll be a lot more fitting for him if he goes out on a high next year or the year after.

I know he'll have the appearance record etc, but he needs one last highlights reel where he's fantastic in order for young kids and general wankers to see how good he actually is.

I think he'll get that performance personally, one last push. He's capable of it at all times imo, the guy's magic!! His form last year would suggest that he's still got it in him, for anyone who needs convincing, it just hasn't quite happened this year to the same extent. Regardless, he'll bow out a legend, but i hope he gets his recognition as the player he is now as well as the player he was, rather than this senseless bashing he's on the recieving end of currently.

Wes

You're a fecking idiot yourself, have you read this thread at all? I haven't blamed Giggs for the fact that we drew today, of course it's not entirely his fault, it's never entirely a players fault. BUT he didn't exactly help matters did he? There were a huge number of attacks that went wrong because the ball went to him and he fecked up.

Like I said before, I'm talking about the entire season, not just one fecking game. Park had to be rested? Erm why, in that case the rest of the team should've been rested. The fact was that Giggs was rested for the Roma game so he could play this one. And what the feck are you on about, Nani is adjusting? Who gives a shit, he's still playing far better than Giggs.

I don't know why Fergie still picks Giggs before Nani or Park, no I do not think it's because of his status in the club, though I do think that the people who defend him on this forum do so for that reason. But tell me this, and be completely, utterly honest, no lying bollocks because you love the guy so much, going on Giggs form this season in comparison to Nani, and Park in his few weeks back, does he still deserve his place in the first team?
you'd get the best out of Giggs if you have runners for him, and willing headers of the ball. He's quite good at crossing, you know. The team in general didn't play very well today.

e.cantona

But tell me this, and be completely, utterly honest, no lying bollocks because you love the guy so much, going on Giggs form this season in comparison to Nani, and Park in his few weeks back, does he still deserve his place in the first team?
Yes

Cina

you'd get the best out of Giggs if you have runners for him, and willing headers of the ball. He's quite good at crossing, you know. The team in general didn't play very well today.
WAS good, his corners this season have been very poor, and they were today as well.

Cina

feck off, Ryan Giggs is fecking brilliant at crossing.
Then why the feck isn't he giving good crosses? Every point you make is pure bollocks, just based on his previous play as a Man Utd player, none of them have relevance to his current form.

EDIT: Deleted the post have we?

Fergies Formula

agree with all of this,