United Away Record | We've not won anything yet, waaaaaaah

Tarrou

What does it really mean though? We’re clearly not invincible on the road, we lost to Leicester, Leipzig, Istanbul & Roma. It’s just a pretty meaningless anomaly, achieved in empty stadiums, which pretty much kills the away disadvantage anyway.
why does it need to mean anything?

we have threads on here saying someone removed my post on Linkedin

for me there is some meaning though

a few years ago we were really really shit, and now we're pretty good.. but doesn't mean we're where we all want to be (we're clearly not)

Water Melon

I would trade this record for one PL or CL title. Feck, I would even trade it for one EL title. I'd much rather we win PL or CL asap than to extend this record without winning anything big. Doubt that City, Chelsea or Liverpool woud trade their last titles for this record either. Itshould all be about winning big things and increasing your trophy cabinet for United.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I would trade this record for one PL or CL title. Feck, I would even trade it for one EL title. I'd much rather we win PL or CL asap than to extend this record without winning anything big. Doubt that City, Chelsea or Liverpool woud trade their last titles for this record either. Itshould all be about winning big things and increasing your trophy cabinet for United.
I would trade all our CL titles for one more "Unbeaten away" record, maybe FA cups for couple of away wins.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
@Schmeichel's Cartwheel

No offence but wtf do you get out of the miserable posts on here. Have you got some bet with one of the mods ?

Football is a silly hobby to past away the time and to forget about the awful hell world we are currently living in. If you don't think our away record is worth talking about just stay out of the thread.
Bit of an overreaction mate. It’s really not that deep. Im sorry you feel that way about the world. Maybe this year we can improve & win a trophy (preferably major, but I’ll take an FA Cup / League Cup)
why does it need to mean anything?

we have threads on here saying someone removed my post on Linkedin

for me there is some meaning though

a few years ago we were really really shit, and now we're pretty good.. but doesn't mean we're where we all want to be (we're clearly not)
we’re on our longest trophy drought in nearly 50 years. Stuff like this record is nice & all but that’s it, it’s not actually an achievement. We were still winning secondary trophies when we were really shit. Now we are good but can’t get over the line when it matters.

Tarrou

Bit of an overreaction mate. It’s really not that deep. Im sorry you feel that way about the world. Maybe this year we can improve & win a trophy (preferably major, but I’ll take an FA Cup / League Cup)

we’re on our longest trophy drought in nearly 50 years. Stuff like this record is nice & all but that’s it, it’s not actually an achievement. We were still winning secondary trophies when we were really shit. Now we are good but can’t get over the line when it matters.
Heh, you say all this as if people are going around fist pumping or something

Hardly anyone gives much of a shit

devips

Nobody is celebrating. Doesn't matter. We should all be wearing scowly faces around here.

That's what United fans do to recognise a club achievement.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
People that just have to find negatives in a positive story are absolutely exhausting.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yes, because people here are definitely comparing it to winning the premier league or the champions league.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to be happy with this, think it's a great achievement, without comparing it to winning major silverware. Certainly going an entire season undefeated away from home is a positive step towards picking up those major pieces of silverware.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Remember there was always those kids at school who would never hear anything bad about their club? Best players, best ground, best football etc etc etc. They were annoying, but it was also kind of forgivable because it was just someone in love with their team.

What we have on this forum is a number of people who are the opposite of that. Everything is crap. People being happy about something triggers them. The see threads about topics which don't interest them, yet they post negativity in it anyway. Its no more or less annoying than the kid at school, but whereas you could understand his mindset its much harder to see what the second group are getting out of the whole experience.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Which it is. Hence why no other team in Premier League history has gotten this number. It's a fantastic achievement from the lads, improve our Home form this Season and we're going to be right up there in the title challenge.
If our home form was half decent last season we would’ve pushed City all the way. Our defending at home last season got me in a rage. I broke my table when Henderson gave salah 90% of the goal to aim at.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If our home form was half decent last season we would’ve pushed City all the way. Our defending at home last season got me in a rage. I broke my table when Henderson gave salah 90% of the goal to aim at.
Exactly, we've got Varane in to deal with our defensive issues. We've got Ronnie and Sancho in to produce more creativity and goals. Our away form demonstrates that as a club we can go on long runs of top form, we're very hard to beat. This type of record is a prelude of good things to come. On top of this Ole has shown that he can get the team running on 14/15 games of unbeaten form both home and away. The problem is we've drawn too many games and struggled to create at home. We've got far more top quality options now. We don't need to run our players into the ground.

Honestly, i'm very positive about this season. Feel like everything we've achieved in the last 2 seasons has come to this point. We're ready.

Water Melon

Yes, because people here are definitely comparing it to winning the premier league or the champions league.

I'm pretty sure it's possible to be happy with this, think it's a great achievement, without comparing it to winning major silverware. Certainly going an entire season undefeated away from home is a positive step towards picking up those major pieces of silverware.
Oh really? Let's see how important this step is. We should be closer to winning the big cups, right? Let's see where we are by the end of the season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh really? Let's see how important this step is. We should be closer to winning the big cups, right? Let's see where we are by the end of the season.
So by your tone, I can assume you believe going unbeaten away from home all season isn't a positive. Lets hope this doesn't continue, hey!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Exactly, we've got Varane in to deal with our defensive issues. We've got Ronnie and Sancho in to produce more creativity and goals. Our away form demonstrates that as a club we can go on long runs of top form, we're very hard to beat. This type of record is a prelude of good things to come. On top of this Ole has shown that he can get the team running on 14/15 games of unbeaten form both home and away. The problem is we've drawn too many games and struggled to create at home. We've got far more top quality options now. We don't need to run our players into the ground.

Honestly, i'm very positive about this season. Feel like everything we've achieved in the last 2 seasons has come to this point. We're ready.
This is the strongest we’ve been personnel wise since 08/09 in my opinion. We complain about the midfield but Bruno, Pogba, Scott, Fred, Donny & Matic is stronger than Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, Gibson, which Fergie won a title with. The only thing im apprehensive about is I don’t think Ole is a top coach, and having a top coach makes a massive difference. It can honestly be the difference of about 10-15 points. We’ll see, there’s a lot to be excited about this season though. I hope Ole can prove me wrong & lead us on a title challenge. I mean a proper challenge, I want us to still be in it in late April.

Partridge

I have to say, i am pretty positive about the team as a whole. We have some cracking players coming through, the 1st team, looks good, and potent, and our phil jones is on the mend. Lovely stuff.

Vanrouge

I love how the miserable people in this thread are setting up strawmen everywhere, as if those of us who are impressed by this record would take it over a trophy. Literally no one has said they'd prefer a record like this over winning a cup. No one. It's kind of pathetic to even suggest that. It's a good record, and that's it. No more, no less.

youngrell

This is the strongest we’ve been personnel wise since 08/09 in my opinion. We complain about the midfield but Bruno, Pogba, Scott, Fred, Donny & Matic is stronger than Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Anderson, Gibson, which Fergie won a title with. The only thing im apprehensive about is I don’t think Ole is a top coach, and having a top coach makes a massive difference. It can honestly be the difference of about 10-15 points. We’ll see, there’s a lot to be excited about this season though. I hope Ole can prove me wrong & lead us on a title challenge. I mean a proper challenge, I want us to still be in it in late April.
When did this happen?

Fully Fledged

@MyOnlySolskjaer can you please edit the title. Just go with "United away record | Well done"
I'm sure someone would still be triggered. Should probably go with barely acceptable but then someone might say 'acceptable' means we are accepting mediocrity. I'm not sure what to do for the best. :eek:

The trials and tribulations of being a glass half full United fan in 2021.

Mickson

There's a reason why this record came now, the only season where away teams were better than home teams. We should've lost the record against Wolves but our luck will end soon. I'm more interested in regaining a decent home form, which I'm sure will be much better this season.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's like if I found a ten pound note and smiled, some fecker then points out I am a cnut for smiling because somewhere someone else is sad because they lost ten pounds.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If it was easy someone else would have done it. They didn't, we did, so it's pretty cool but not something to get particularly excited over.

Redlyn

Does not even matter if it's important or not or it it brings us closer or not. We have achieved a record, something for the history books. That's all there is to it. We could lose every game from now until forever, it won't change that. A big trophy is better for sure, but breaking a record for going undefeated is not a bad thing.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
To be fair to the people saying that we haven't won anything, it's something I'd imagine Roy Keane saying. United are supposed to be winning trophies.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
You need to win games to win trophies, and winning is a habit. It's a good record to have and hopefully we can convert it into the hard currency of silverware

Dve

To be fair to the people saying that we haven't won anything, it's something I'd imagine Roy Keane saying. United are supposed to be winning trophies.
Or Donald Trump.

So let´s all be grumpy until we win something, shall we. Another 3 points against City, but we haven´t won anything yet. Ronaldo just scored a hattrick, but we haven´t won anything yet. We just beat Liverpool 5-0, but we haven´t won anything yet. Are we signing Haaland? Who cares, we haven´t won anything yet.

Lentwood

Nobody is "supposed" to win trophies.

I think a few members of this forum could do with understanding that. The state we were in a few years ago, its a minor miracle we're come this far so quickly