United fans are protesting at Carrington

theklr

It says tweet unavailable?
Owner went private I think. Can understand why.

I have no issue with Solskjær defending his boss, all of the other managers have done so as well.

Having steadied the ship more than any other , he knows that he cannot do anything without an amicable relationship to the Glazers.

hubbuh

Owner went private I think. Can understand why.

I have no issue with Solskjær defending his boss, all of the other managers have done so as well.

Having steadied the ship more than any other , he knows that he cannot do anything without an amicable relationship to the Glazers.
Ah, I see. So what did the tweet say?

Likewise I'm not entirely surprised if Ole felt he had to defend the owners in this circumstance. Saying Joel 'loves' the club was definitely a step too far if true, though it means little in all honesty.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah he said it but who gives a shit about that? I’m sure Joel actually does love the club and wants us to be doing way better than we have been. I’m sure he's well aware how it makes him look when we fail year after year. I definitely think he’s been way more involved in decisions and sagas than casual fans seem to think. He’s just not a very good or a lucky owner. his luck totally ran out when Fergie retired and he stepped into the power vacuum over Ed. This whole billion quid waste was the dithering Ed and Joel show. Clueless fools learning on the job cost us big time but I genuinely thought they were starting to improve and the luck was changing

No he didn't say it and when you start with a lie there is no point reading anything else you posted

theklr

Ah, I see. So what did the tweet say?

Likewise I'm not entirely surprised if Ole felt he had to defend the owners in this circumstance. Saying Joel 'loves' the club was definitely a step too far if true, though it means little in all honesty.
It said that Ole said Joel loved the club, and the protesters said "no he love his dividends"

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No other manager did even that before the pullout.
I'm not criticising Pep, I thought his interview was fantastic. Fiery but well judged.

I'm just also not criticising any other managers or players for their responses. Their skirts weren't too short, they hadn't been drinking, and it's not their fault the Premier League is riddled with scummy owners, worst of which are the Glazers.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He loves the club can be interpreted in many ways. I'm sure he loves the club but in the same way too.

I've loved how some women look but have I loved them? Yes, Sally if you're out there please return my calls :(
Have I missed something? the twit doesn't show up for me and only yesterday everyone was up in arms calling RI fecking liars etc.

Dve

It was never a question whether the Glazers love the club. I´m sure they love it just as much as Bezos loves Amazon. Does Perez love Real Madrid? I´m sure he does, but who the feck gives a shit when he´s attempting to rip up the our traditions by their roots.

As widely reported, 20 angry supporters entered the training complex, "Police were called and kept their distance from the supporters, who left on good terms with Solskjaer" (MEN).

So, what do you make out of that? Solskjær came out with a banner saying "Joe loves Manchester United, now go feck yourselves"?

You can take one quote out from any conversation pretending this was the essence of what was said, and that´s pretty much what this agenda driven Red Issue die. And while the quote itself might not be a lie, the impression it leaves, very much is.

- I love you, but i think it´s time for us to say goodbye.

- Hurray, she loves me!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The guys who were actually there were quoting Ole as saying “Joel loves the club” the fans retorted “he loves the dividend” and then the conversation supposedly turned to how we are improving on the pitch. This is from their Twitter. What’s so controversial about saying his boss who’s been working here for 16 years loves the club? Why wouldn’t he love the club?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The guys who were actually there were quoting Ole as saying “Joel loves the club” the fans retorted “he loves the dividend” and then the conversation supposedly turned to how we are improving on the pitch. This is from their Twitter. What’s so controversial about saying his boss who’s been working here for 16 years loves the club? Why wouldn’t he love the club?
Joel Glazer doesn't love the club and he never will, he proved that very recently you will recall. Ole is blatantly lying by suggesting otherwise.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Because going to Carrington on a training day is a bit pointless and people are working.

People will rightly join the protests on Saturday.
Hardly pointless as it made the national news.

Hats off to them

Ali Dia

Joel Glazer doesn't love the club and he never will, he proved that very recently you will recall. Ole is blatantly lying by suggesting otherwise.
You can be a filthy devil capitalist who never goes to games and still love the team you work for. The problem isn’t whether he loves the club or not or whether he wants us to be the best team in the world. I’m sure he does. Why wouldn’t he? The problem is he’s not very good at his job but while the debt his family have put on us has certainly held us back there’s also no reason we shouldn’t have a brilliant team after spending 1 billion quid with the second highest wage bill in the game at one point

Of course I want him out but what do people expect Ole to do? Agree to fight Joel Glazer? Call him a prick for a quote on the Internet? What’s the point? Any genuine and sustained pressure on the glazers to leave will come externally from fans and politicians while Ole and team try and shut all that out and keep the football on track. If the movement needs one final push I’m sure Ole will get on board. If he gets fired for speaking out now what good can he do then? Everyone is still in the exact same boat but now we’ve to go and get another manager too and look how that’s gone for us over the years. You can get the glazers out and keep Ole so why not do that?

DoomSlayer

You can be a filthy devil capitalist who never goes to games and still love the team you work for. The problem isn’t whether he loves the club or not or whether he wants us to be the best team in the world. I’m sure he does. Why wouldn’t he? The problem is he’s not very good at his job but while the debt his family have put on us has certainly held us back there’s also no reason we shouldn’t have a brilliant team after spending 1 billion quid with the second highest wage bill in the game.

Of course I want him out but what do people expect Ole to do? Agree to fight Joel Glazer? Call him a prick for a quote on the Internet? What’s the point? Any genuine and sustained pressure on the glazers to leave will come externally from fans and politicians while Ole and team try and shut all that out and keep the football on track. If the movement needs one final push I’m sure Ole will get on board. If he gets fired for speaking out now what good can he do then? Everyone is still in the exact same boat but now we’ve to go and get another manager too and look how that’s gone for us over the years. You can get the glazers out and keep Ole so why not do that?
Solskjaer doesn't need to come out with a shirt that has "Glazers Out" on it. Just needs to reiterate how important the community is to every football club and how the fans can't be neglected yet again. Just like other managers from the 6 clubs handled it.

Saying "Joel loves United" publicly, after everything that just happened, would put everything he worked for so far in jeopardy and could destroy his legacy at out club, the fans won't forgive him.

Ali Dia

Solskjaer doesn't need to come out with a shirt that has "Glazers Out" on it. Just needs to reiterate how important the community is to every football club and how the fans can't be neglected yet again. Just like other managers from the 6 clubs handled it.

Saying "Joel loves United" publicly, after everything that just happened, would put everything he worked for so far in jeopardy and could destroy his legacy at out club, the fans won't forgive him.
it’s been the weirdest few days in my lifetime as a supporter. Imagine what the people whos livelihoods depend on it are feeling, people who were in their dream jobs and have just been majorly lied to and kept in the dark. Everything just feels kind of pointless now. I think if certain fans are going to hate on Ole for being diplomatic and saying his bosses love the club then so be it at this point in time. A lot worse has already happened and everyone is shell shocked. Going forward Ole could still turn out to be the protesting fans ace in the hole. I don’t expect him to come out fighting and get fired. Let him stay there on the fence until we are at the point that Oles opionion might actually help towards getting them out instead of getting himself fired. Until then people need to chill becauee he’s not going to do anything.

The Firestarter

The ones that won't "forgive" him are those who already had an agenda against him, and were looking for something fresh to bash him with after the recent results have been ok. The cartwheels of this forum. For the rest, there is really no reason to be insulted.

Gasolin

The ones that won't "forgive" him are those who already had an agenda against him, and were looking for something fresh to bash him with after the recent results have been ok. The cartwheels of this forum. For the rest, there is really no reason to be insulted.
Agreed, this is ridiculous. No one can doubt that Ole has been behind having a football structure, having Fletcher back, and all Ole, Fletcther, Carrick and all love the club, there is no way someone doubts that. To even suggest the opposite just because they now work for the club and are trying to be as diplomat as possible is BS.

Pep, Klopp, they all openly supported their owners. Even if I worked for a company that could be controversial, there is no way, whatever my position, that I openly say anything negative. It's best I stay close with a chance to at least say something internally than being kicked out. We need Ole. He's the only manager post SAF that cares about the club as much as any fan in the world. We won't get that with anyone else.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You can be a filthy devil capitalist who never goes to games and still love the team you work for. The problem isn’t whether he loves the club or not or whether he wants us to be the best team in the world. I’m sure he does. Why wouldn’t he? The problem is he’s not very good at his job but while the debt his family have put on us has certainly held us back there’s also no reason we shouldn’t have a brilliant team after spending 1 billion quid with the second highest wage bill in the game at one point

Perhaps I'm having a sensitive day, I don't know, but I find the idea of Joel Glazer loving the club in any capacity offensive.

If you love something, you do not try to sell its soul.

Last edited:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
What do we care if Joel loves the club or not? I doubt he looks at the club from an emotional point of view. Who cares? What we want is a well run club and for him to invest and back the manager. His personal feelings are inconsequential.

As for the fans, we need to calm the feck down. Stop the toxicity and let the manager and players finish the season in peace.

Ali Dia

Perhaps I'm having a sensitive day, I don't know, but I find the idea of Joel Glazer loving the club in any capacity offensive.

If you love something, you try to sell its soul.
I totally get what you’re saying. I want them out too but everyone and their dog knew what we were getting into with the glazers but we left ourselves wide open to a hostile takeover. Since Fergie left I’m fairly sure the running of the club has been left to Joel and Ed who were both majorly out of their depth and who have failed miserably, no doubt about it. they wasted countless millions trying to bring success back without any long term plan and made us look like fools on many occasions. Just because he failed it still doesn’t mean he doesn’t love his job or the club. He’s just the wrong guy and they are the wrong owners to take us forward at the end of the day.

The slight irony is that we were finally turning a corner and the glazers were probably about to be seen as competent owners again for the first time post Fergie and then they pull the super league stunt. They are so out of touch it’s unreal but the timing of all this? Surely there isn’t a more unlucky owner in football. We spend all the money - shite. We start doing things the right way and things start to get good and they mess it up again. It’s absolutely chronic!

Last edited:

Nikelesh Reddy

Wow,is it really that easy to just walk into carrington?And why were the security guards just standing as mute spectators?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Red Issue can feck off as far as I'm concerned.

They turned into something I don't care for at all years ago.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Same here, the bloke who runs it now is a very strange individual.
Yeah - I used to pick up Red Issue back in the day, and subscribed to the paper edition for a long time after I stopped going regularly to Old Trafford.

Even registered on the online forum when that was launched - but never participated, as the mood of that place just seemed...not my thing at all.

These days? I get seriously bad vibes from them.