United fans are protesting at Carrington

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Spurs Fans who we often laugh at made a better effort. Proper signage made and more professional looking. Ours was an embarrassment in comparison, hopefully will be better on Saturday.
I posted though because, why annoy the players with this and distract them from their work. They had no part in the whole ESL fiasco and even played a big part in getting it stopped. Why protest at their training ground and set us up for a bad result on Sunday. Idiots!
Target the Glazers and the Glazers only!

Do you cry when you spill your cornflakes?

cyberman

Why cant all fans come together for a protest? Surely that's the next step?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The biggest fan base on the planet and that's the best we can come up with. Totally embarrassing, 2 bed sheets and a couple of spray cans.:lol:
Also targeting our players training ground when they have nothing to do with this whole fiasco :houllier:
Why weren't you there then?:smirk:

Easy to criticise, harder to take action...

JB7

Spurs Fans who we often laugh at made a better effort. Proper signage made and more professional looking. Ours was an embarrassment in comparison, hopefully will be better tomorrow.
I posted though because, why annoy the players with this and distract them from their work. They had no part in the whole ESL fiasco and even played a big part in getting it stopped. Why protest at their training ground and set us up for a bad result on Sunday. Idiots!
Target the Glazers and the Glazers only!

The simple answer to your "why" question is because there has already been more media attention in 90 minutes on 20-25 lads with a couple of bedsheets at Carrington than 50+ lads at Spurs with their "professional" banners.

Small group of United fans blocked Carrington gates, Chelsea fans blocked the road into the stadium. Nobody heard about Spurs protesting.

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Lighten up pal.

For a start we know much much bigger protests than this did feck all back at the time of the takeover, so whilst it’s good, it’s also going to have absolutely zero effect so it’s good to have a giggle.

We need football fans protesting on mass at parliament, because parliament is the only thing that can help us here. We’re talking about a billion dollar business.

With all due respect and without trying to come across as an a$$hole.

Firstly you''re not my pal.

Secondly, I attended protests back in the day and although it didn't do much good at the time, i'm proud of my involvement in actually turning up.

Thirdly, You genuinely think this goverment will do anything about it?. They'll have a review make a few changes/laws saying that this sort of breakaway can never happen again and that will be the end of it.
Personally, i don't think for one minute that this goverment or any other political party will make any reforms in how clubs are owned in future.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
If one of them is interviewed and says "The protest was my idea and it's a great idea BUT I blame Ole for the fact we ran out of red paint, he should be sacked"..... it's him.
I heard he was there when Ole came out and he kept pulling his hand away when Ole tried to shake it. Ole asked the others if he was alright but everytime he spoke Cartwheel would try to cough louder. The other protestors ended up dragging him away when he did the crocodile dundee hand gesture to try to put Ole to sleep.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Even if small, stuff like this will keep it in the news cycle and on politician's radar. It's not the intensity in one day but the sustained pressure over a period of time that leads to meaningful change.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Secondly, I attended protests back in the day and although it didn't do much good at the time, i'm proud of my involvement in actually turning up.

Thirdly, You genuinely think this goverment will do anything about it?. They'll have a review make a few changes/laws saying that this sort of breakaway can never happen again and that will be the end of it.
Personally, i don't think for one minute that this goverment or any other political party will make any reforms in how clubs are owned in future.
You failed.

Crustanoid

What also might be effective is if American fans nearby their interests over there protested.

(a) it would be closer to home and harder to avoid

(b) it would show that even if they’re not bothered about local support, their focus on the global ‘casual’ market is also under threat

Mainoldo

Apparently he didn’t say it. If anyone can clarify probably worth posting it in.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Can’t really expect him to say anything else to fair. Ole would be out on his fecking arse an he’s not going to do that.

Mainoldo

Can’t really expect him to say anything else to fair. Ole would be out on his fecking arse an he’s not going to do that.
It’s not acceptable but apparently he didn’t say it. So no need to defend it.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Apparently he didn’t say it. If anyone can clarify probably worth posting it in.
Well it’s coming from RI whom apparently organised the protest. Anyway its just a generic quote.

No shit, but wait for it... not everyone I call mate or pal is actually my mate or pal.
Bit weird for an adult to have not understood that yet, I’m wondering if every time you leave a shop and the shopkeeper says “thanks mate” you respond “I’m not your mate”.
Because if you do, I can promise you he’s thinking that you’re an arsehole.

El Zoido

Fans are completely delusional if they expect an employee speak out on the people that pay their salary. Tank his entire career for nothing. What do you think is going to happen if Ole “takes a stand”? The Glazers pack their bags overnight? It doesn’t work like that. They own the club and they can be protested out. Fans might enforce it, if Old Trafford is empty every week. But the manager? Gets fired, doesn’t get work again because nobody will employ someone who turns on the owner. The level of expectation on the players and manager to attack the company they work for is beyond delusional and is straight up embarrassing at this point. Fans are emotional, I get it, but real life doesn’t work that way.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Got to admit, that is one fecking cracking line to make up :lol: