United Kits 23/24

astracrazy

Nah, that white kit should of had some black on it. Reminds me of a Liverpool kit way too much being just red and white.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I can see this to being a precursor to 'simplifying' the badge like Juve and Inter have done. We'll end up with the devil on all the shirts before too long.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The '57 FA Cup final shirt was white with red trim. The holy trinity also wore white with red trim and no black.
Yeah, back when the trim was literally the trim (collar and end of sleeves) - which would be fine if thats what the kit looked like now, but as these days you've got all manner of shit on there, it doesn't really work without some black.

decorativeed

A mate of mine used to work for him.
I met the design team a couple of times. The boss was German and the guy who led on the United side was a United fan from Manchester. I dont remember any of them being Liverpool fans.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It’s really not. 2 years after the kit in your post we had this away jersey

Aye, and it's naff.

If you look historically at our white kits - the vast majority are white and black, or white black and red.

EDIT - not naff, just not not as good as other white kits!

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
ed

I loved that kit. It actually had a splash of black and all.
Naff is harsh to be fair, it is decent but I think 82, 84 and 88 away were all better - though you are right in that it did have the thin black lines around the red stripes

Nick7

It's got black on it too
It has red logos and sponsors which is what he was was complaining about.

Aye, and it's naff.

If you look historically at our white kits - the vast majority are white and black, or white black and red.

EDIT - not naff, just not not as good as other white kits!
In the last 40 years, sure. Most do, but not all. I posted the one from the cup winners cup final in 91 above too. Go back to the 50’s and 60’s they were white with only red trim. Either way what you said was wrong.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It has red logos and sponsors which is what he was was complaining about.

In the last 40 years, sure. Most do, but not all. I posted the one from the cup winners cup final in 91 above too. Go back to the 50’s and 60’s they were white with only red trim. Either way what you said was wrong.
Again 50s/60s trim was literally just collar/end of sleeves. From sponsors/manufacturers onwards, anytime we've had a white kit, bar maybe once or twice, there's been a lot of black. If we're getting super pedantic then yeah, most of the time Sharp was in red, but again there is usually black somewhere else.

I don't think we've ever had just a red and white kit in the sponsor/manufacturer era.

Ted Lasso

Weird hangup about Liverpool here. Both of our teams have Red home shirts, with a limited color palette to go with for away. We've always had similar away kits here and there over the years and if it doesn't look like one of theirs then it resembles someone else. So what as long as we keep to our colors and history of kit designs. I always remember the sponsors as being what stood out and differentiated some of the team jerseys moreso than colors of collars and little accents.

@Annihilate Now! I think picking on the color of the trim stuff is a bit off base too. Liverpool have had white kits w black trim just the same as us. I'd be more concerned if we came out monochromatic in red shirt plus red shorts or white shirt with white shorts

dove

Weird hangup about Liverpool here. Both of our teams have Red home shirts, with a limited color palette to go with for away. We've always had similar away kits here and there over the years and if it doesn't look like one of theirs then it resembles someone else. So what as long as we keep to our colors and history of kit designs. I always remember the sponsors as being what stood out and differentiated some of the team jerseys moreso than colors of collars and little accents.

@Annihilate Now! I think picking on the color of the trim stuff is a bit off base too. Liverpool have had white kits w black trim just the same as us. I'd be more concerned if we came out monochromatic in red shirt plus red shorts or white shirt with white shorts
It is, especially as the kits compared don't even look that close at all, the only similarity being that it's a white kit with a red accent...

I met the design team a couple of times. The boss was German and the guy who led on the United side was a United fan from Manchester. I dont remember any of them being Liverpool fans.
Guess it's changed then. He left a few years ago. My mate is a United fan but the guy running the team at the time was a Liverpool fan. Unless its my mate you met. Initials NB.

CallyRed

Its the crest design that makes it resemble a Liverpool shirt, at a quick glance it looks like that bastard liver bird.

Barthez

Its the crest design that makes it resemble a Liverpool shirt, at a quick glance it looks like that bastard liver bird.
Agree. I hate just the devil on that white shirt. It cheapens it in my opinion. We have club crest for a reason.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
A very old friend of mine, Floor Wesseling (so you can Google..) is one of the World’s premier kit designers and I can ensure you most posters in this thread don’t know there arses from their elbows when it comes to kit designs. Quite laughable actually..