United sign Jadon Sancho - Dortmund CEO Waltzing No More!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Wow I didn't think it was that strict where a previous players shirt number stopped another player getting it - especially since I saw Mattial to Zlatan.
That was under Jose and was a shitshow as Martial wasn't asked and wasn't fine with it.

Ole's been mostly about bringing everyone together and pulling in the right direction hence one of the early things he did was give Martial the number 9 back.

I don't expect Varane to get number 4, but if anyone is to get an existing number, that'd be the most likely one with Jones having not played for over a year.

El-Manos

Think this is a smart move for him. The added pressure of wearing the no.7 would have been unnecessary in his first season.
I don’t think he’s the type of guy who gets fazed by a jersey number to be honest. The club & Sancho are probably just being respectful to Cavani.

Rojofiam

Can we sell Jones before we sign Varane please :lol: I don't think any available numbers suit him

Sancho25

And they joined before the #25 shirt was confirmed! Witchcraft.
My mate heard a rumour this morning that he would get 25 so snagged the username on the off chance he was right. Was worth the gamble!

Awla

If he performs bad in the first season, I'm gonna blame it all on the jersey number.

mancsarered

Glad they didn't take another jersey number off a current player. I remember when Mourinho ripped the #9 off Martial and handed it to Zlatan :lol:

UnitedFan93

If we had made this signing 5 years ago he would definitely have been given the number 7 shirt. A good move by the club to give him number 25. Let him establish himself first after his big move without the added pressure of wearing number 7. He'll get that shirt eventually.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Over the last few weeks I've mentally moved on to Varane. Basically, this is no new news.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Absolutely buzzing with this signing! I reckon he can take us to the next level. Will definitely add more goals for us by his creativity! Can not wait for the season to start! #GGMU… the titles coming homeee

Glorio

He’s got a slightly unusual accent hasn’t he, I guess it’s a byproduct of living abroad for 4 years maybe. So excited to see him at Old Trafford.
It's a typical Southeast London accent