Fairly mainstream opinion : Onana isn’t Fabrice Ondoa, or very good

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Today was his first game

Edit: first league game. He played in Europa if I recall correctly
Five EL matches and two DFB Cup matches, so it was his eigth in total. Had four clean sheets and only conceded five goals in total. Leverkusen won every match except today (0:0 against Gladbach). So totally convincing as a backup for now and has a good chance to replace/succeed Hradecky if he continues this way.

Dion

Meanwhile Kovar is starting for top of the league Leverkusen after we let him go for £7m. Another Ten Hag masterclass.
It's his first league start of the season for goodness sake. He's has as much impact on Leverkusen being top of the league as you have.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's his first league start of the season for goodness sake. He's has as much impact on Leverkusen being top of the league as you have.
Some people will just find absolutely anything to be massive drama queens about. As if there aren't enough legitimate things to whinge about this season. :lol:

"Ex-youth player plays game of football somewhere else" is pretty good in terms of creative things to bedwet about though, to be fair.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Some people will just find absolutely anything to be massive drama queens about. As if there aren't enough legitimate things to whinge about this season. :lol:

"Ex-youth player plays game of football somewhere else" is pretty good in terms of creative things to bedwet about though, to be fair.
His replacement hasn't played a single game for us and £45m Onana almost singlehandedly knocked us out of the CL and is a liability in the PL. Sorry if I'm not impressed with the business.

dave1956

Well he has now managed to help Cameroon out of the Africa Cup of Nations. Looking at the match report, he allowed the first goal to slither under his body and the 2nd was again from a cross. So that in his 2 games he has faced 7 efforts on his goal and 5 have gone in. Does not inspire confidence for his return for the rest of the season.

dave1956

My mistake then, a keeper with a very similar name and spelling. I do not have an agenda, but I do feel that he is not the goal keeper to take the team forward.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well he has now managed to help Cameroon out of the Africa Cup of Nations. Looking at the match report, he allowed the first goal to slither under his body and the 2nd was again from a cross. So that in his 2 games he has faced 7 efforts on his goal and 5 have gone in. Does not inspire confidence for his return for the rest of the season.
Good to see that you looked at the match report.
Disappointed you didn't check who was in goal for Cameroon though.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
My mistake then, a keeper with a very similar name and spelling. I do not have an agenda, but I do feel that he is not the goal keeper to take the team forward.
Either way not inspiring when another keeper who also doesn't perform well is picked ahead of Onana.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's pre-established that he's allowed to punch wolves players, don't see the issue.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We don’t make things easy for him but man, he makes life real hard for us.

Zed is not dead

That 3rd goal… completely useless keeper that fails to stem up when the team actually needs to stay afloat

PSV

Penalty is only his fault! If he hadnt dived out of the way it would have been a routine save!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Honestly any time the opposition has a shot on target I'm half expecting a goal. Not a good situation for a Manchester United goalkeeper.

How many genuine world class saves has he made this season? Moments where you think he shouldn't have made that save but did (i.e. what De Gea did regularly). He may improve but I'm not convinced he has the genuine talent to be a top keeper at the highest level.

dave2528

Don't expect he'll be here after the summer. Sir Jim and Co. will not want a keeper on the books who lost the use of his hands.

Ace

A proper goalkeeper will be a top of the new manager’s transfer wishlist.

RoyH1

Never again do I want to read anyone here saying he’s better than de Gea

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Lisandro nearly had more saves than him tonight.

at least he can clear it from the line.

Baneofthegame

If we could combine his distribution with Daves shot stopping we would have a decent keeper.

Nogbadthebad

I had more trust in Taibi than this guy.

I've seen goalies at non-league games that have better movement.

Everyone involved in deciding this was the guy for us should be out of the club this summer along with him.