Upgrading our RW/RM

ash_86

Miki was bought in for RW/RM position but after yesterday's performance, he looks so good playing in the middle. His vision, pace seems to unlock players like Rashoford and Mata. Now, looking at our RW/RM options, we have Lingard and Mata, I think we could do with an upgrade on those positions with someone who offers genuine width, pace and also deliver good set pieces (Someone of a Willian mould). Who will suit our needs better? I think Mahrez would be a great signing. Fast, good dribbler , excellent crosser and also has a great left foot. His stock is little low after this season and i think we could get him for 35-40M pounds. He's also just 25 years old and yet to reach his prime.

Ibra
Martial Miki Mahrez
Pogba Herrera
Shaw Bailly Jones Tony V./Semedo
DDG

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
If Griezmann comes then Mkhi will play there. I think we should go all out for Ousmane Dembele though, nailed on future Ballon d'or winner.

DatGuyRich

Mahrez is dire and would not fit Jose's system. We could do so much better

Nick.

I still like Mahrez but he doesn't track back much afaik so he's probably not what Mourinho is looking for.

RedMaestro

Miki was bought in for RW/RM position but after yesterday's performance, he looks so good playing in the middle. His vision, pace seems to unlock players like Rashoford and Mata. Now, looking at our RW/RM options, we have Lingard and Mata, I think we could do with an upgrade on those positions with someone who offers genuine width, pace and also deliver good set pieces (Someone of a Willian mould). Who will suit our needs better? I think Mahrez would be a great signing. Fast, good dribbler , excellent crosser and also has a great left foot. His stock is little low after this season and i think we could get him for 35-40M pounds. He's also just 25 years old and yet to reach his prime.

Ibra
Martial Miki Mahrez
Pogba Herrera
Shaw Bailly Jones Tony V./Semedo
DDG
Is Mahrez good enough for a Manchester United that wants to return to being best in the world? Alexis Sanchez would be a much better choice but it's probably an impossible move...

ash_86

Is Mahrez good enough for a Manchester United that wants to return to being best in the world? Alexis Sanchez would be a much better choice but it's probably an impossible move...
He has the potential to be devastating and he has proven that in the premier league. He could be a vital piece in fast counter attaching football that Jose loves. Infact he could do for us what Di-Maria did for Real.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We need actual wingers. Sick of all these number 10s shoehorned out wide.

kps88

Mahrez has been shocking this season. Not worth the risk when we have money to burn on someone better.

RedMaestro

He has the potential to be devastating and he has proven that in the premier league. He could be a vital piece in fast counter attaching football that Jose loves. Infact he could do for us what Di-Maria did for Real.
Maybe, but I still think that performing well for a "small" club like Leicester is one thing and doing the same with high expectations at Manchester United is a different thing. How is he if you'd take in to account the mentality, an important thing if you want to succeed in a big club.

I still feel that it would be a gamble and the club is not in the position right now to do so. I would prefer someone, basically every opponent would be terrified of - who that would be is hard to answer. But it's at least going to be a realistical choice according to Mourinho, not going to waste time on players that's not available - so we can probably forget the best choice, Alexis Sanchez.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Douglas Costa can play at an incredible level on both flanks, is at the perfect age (26), and there might be a chance to sign him in the summer from Bayern.

Sample for RW at Shakhtar:

Sample for LW at Bayern:

Ideally, we should aim for one of the best (he comes across as a better and more proven traditional winger than Mahrez), and has good European experience, too - 50+ CL and Europa League appearances. Plus, he's actually fast - like one of the fastest players in the world (on the ball) level fast, and has crazy technique even at that warp speed. Could be what Di María initially promised to be at United. Played with Mkhitaryan for a couple season, too, IIRC, so there might be some residual chemistry there.

EDIT: Aha!
http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27119

Adnan

Talent Spotter
In my opinion the best choice and the dream choice would be Ousmane Dembele.

Philadelphian

I wish we'd put Rashford on the right with the idea that supplying Ibra/Mhki/Martial is just as important, if not moreso, than looking for goals all the time. Think it could potentially bring a balance to our attack that we haven't had.

Our inverted players + our fullbacks simply aren't good enough to keep playing that way.

3KDré

What happened to 4-3-3 with Pogba? Ditched that already? Mkhi was good yesterday, but he has had his best ever season as a RW. Let him play there and make use of our record signing Pogba properly. Build the team around Pogba and let Mkhi and him link up when Mkhi inevitably moves inside.

the hea

A new RW is definitely a priority in the summer, we have been playing with below par players and #10 shoehorned as wingers for far to long now. Dembele or Sanchez are the dream but the way our right side has been performing for the past years there is a number of players who would be an huge upgrade for us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Douglas Costa can play at an incredible level on both flanks, is at the perfect age (26), and there might be a chance to sign him in the summer from Bayern.

Sample for RW at Shakhtar:

Sample for LW at Bayern:

Ideally, we should aim for one of the best (he comes across as a better and more proven traditional winger than Mahrez), and has good European experience, too - 50+ CL and Europa League appearances. Plus, he's actually fast - like one of the fastest players in the world (on the ball) level fast, and has crazy technique even at that warp speed. Could be what Di María initially promised to be at United. Played with Mkhitaryan for a couple season, too, IIRC, so there might be some residual chemistry there.

EDIT: Aha!

http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27119
This is a dream.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He seem to play well at left rather than right in my eyes. We should play him up top though in his favored position. That's where he's leathal
He will get a chance up to play up front when Ibra is phased out next season hopefully but until then he can do a job on the wing. I actually think he has done ok on the right the few times he has played there and has whipped some very good crosses into the box. We have better options at LW.

IrishRedDevil

Still can't believe Jose didnt sign Mane. He tore his Chelsea team apart a few times. He should have signed Mane along with Mkhitaryan.

We should go for Mahrez. Yes he's having a poor season due to the whole team having motivation issues, but the things he done last year were top quality. That quality just doesn't disappear.

This 3 behind a striker has it all

Martial - Mkhitaryan - Mahrez

2 man midfield

Why would Bayern sell Douglas Costa? Ribery and Robben are on their way out and he's tearing it up over there.

buckooo1978

I'd like someone who is tricky and offers something different

Or someone with a sweet sweet right foot - Brooklyn Beckham?

ash_86

Play him over Zlatan?
Eventually, yes. What would be great is to take off Zlatan for him after we go 3 up or so and keep using him there for a while. He should be used like kelechi who comes in primary as an striker.

2 man midfield

Member 5225

All he says is that he has offers. I don't doubt he's got offers, I bet they're coming out of his ears.

My original question stands though. Why would Bayern sell? Hardly looks as if the player is pushing for a move, he states in that link that he wants to win more titles with Bayern.
Thought there is chatter that he wants out?