Utd 'aggregators'

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone noticed the trend of these recently?

There's a lot of them on Twitter that basically just sum up all the Utd news going around and quote the source, but a few of them have built up big followings and made themselves a 'reliable' source of information about the club, mostly to do around transfers.

I've noticed more recently though that some have started voicing their own opinions, especially about the proposed takeover. Because of this large following they've now got it feels a bit irresponsible to propose your own thoughts on something. I've seen a lot posting purely pro Qatari and anti-Jim Ratcliffe stuff and outwardly rooting for one over the other. This seems to defeat the purpose of being an account that just gathers up and presents the latest news if you're cherry picking the news you like. Don't even get me started on that mufcmpb guy who is a glorified scammer. Constantly charging people money to promote their shite accounts and often not even doing what they've charged for. Even saw him peddaling a baseless rumour about a player in the summer for months, when there was literally only one tenuous source for it.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone noticed the trend of these recently?

There's a lot of them on Twitter that basically just sum up all the Utd news going around and quote the source, but a few of them have built up big followings and made themselves a 'reliable' source of information about the club, mostly to do around transfers.

I've noticed more recently though that some have started voicing their own opinions, especially about the proposed takeover. Because of this large following they've now got it feels a bit irresponsible to propose your own thoughts on something. I've seen a lot posting purely pro Qatari and anti-Jim Ratcliffe stuff and outwardly rooting for one over the other. These seem to defeat the purpose of being an account that just gathers up and presents the latest news if you're cherry picking the news you like. Don't even get me started on that mufcmpb guy who is a glorified scammer. Constantly charging people money to promote their shite accounts and often not even doing what they've charged for. Even saw him peddaling a baseless rumour about a player in the summer for months, when there was literally only one tenuous source for it.
Yep. Everton have a load of them too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
They’ve been around for years and I love them personally. All the news and adds to the hype when something is happening.
Yeah that one seems ok. I've noticed centredevils going down the pan recently with regards to this.
How? They clearly tier the source with a moon system.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They’ve been around for years and I love them personally. All the news and adds to the hype when something is happening.

How? They clearly tier the source with a moon system.

mu4c_20le

There are more and more pretenders just looking for a bit of fame. Ideally no one should be following any aggregator that adds their own opinion, unless its a banter account.

KeanoMagicHat

They steal good journalists stuff all the time and it would be so easy for them to be paid off by Qatar as they’re not bound by any ethics or employer. Charlatans.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Bit of banter don’t see a problem with it. Doesn’t take away from their tweets where they are reporting the news.
They're quite shit at reporting news tbh. They've been called out plenty of times in the past for posting inaccurate quotes and just flat out making things up.

utdreport is probably the best for news out of the lot but they don't seem to be as active these days.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Utd report is decent & just presents the news
Yeah, that's the only one I follow as well. Them and UtdArena, though I think he's more of a personal tactical/analytical account

MUFC OK

it's the tendency to pick one quote out of context from an entire article and use that to generate traction that annoys me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bit of banter don’t see a problem with it. Doesn’t take away from their tweets where they are reporting the news.

There’s loads of it. I’m just saying either aggregate the news or don’t. Do that on a separate account because it influences people.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah, that's the only one I follow as well. Them and UtdArena, though I think he's more of a personal tactical/analytical account
UtdArena is great. Doesn’t get drawn into the clickbaity shit and actually analyses and looks at things with clarity and reasoning which is unfortunately really rare.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
it's the tendency to pick one quote out of context from an entire article and use that to generate traction that annoys me.
That and actually creating own tweets with the info of another instead of just retweeting and giving the original source the views and traction.

CallyRed

I'm thinking of starting my own aggregator site. But specifically on transfer tweets for lower and non league teams.

saivet

utdreport are good but they are are probably one of the slower aggregators for quotes and information from articles. Don't see nonsense post on their page.

I don't watch their channel but I've started following the United Stand and I think they're a good aggregator. Cover most articles quickly and they are one of the first for press conference quotes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's not so much them posting opinions as it is them blatantly being bought out to give pro Qatari news. Those aggregators have so many followers and the vast majority of United fans would be very easily swayed casual fans. Scummy move.

Schemie

It's not so much them posting opinions as it is them blatantly being bought out to give pro Qatari news. Those aggregators have so many followers and the vast majority of United fans would be very easily swayed casual fans. Scummy move.
This is it. Almost zero chance these accounts haven't been bought/paid off with some of their blatant Qatar cheerleading. Imagine there's a lot of astroturfing going on.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
utdreport used to be terrible but have gotten so, so much better over the past few years. UtdDistrict is also top tier and is probably the best aggregator up there with utdreport. UtdPlug is okay, but they copy Tweets verbatim from other aggregators, so that's a huge drawback for me. They also selectively quote articles, press conferences, interviews, etc. for more engagement rather than providing the full picture. TheUnitedStand has the same exact problem.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe they're "incentivised" by the Qataris somewhat, certainly a possibility to consider.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They're only useful when they cite a source you could have missed. Their opinions, especially on a sale, are worthless

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

This account is one of the main offenders now. Posting only the 'positive' stuff (and also making things up) and ignoring all the other parts of Laurie's article.