Utd concerned that Jose will resign in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Womp

idiot
Anything can make a point weak if you want to have blinders on. I am not sure how that makes my point weaker that chelsea have spent less than us.
It makes your point weaker as we had to invest, they chose to. Really not that difficult. They had options there, we didn't.

MJJ

Our 15 points

Well, since you mentioned he sold Costa (the £60m figure is not confirmed, it was more around £40 last time I checked), Jose sold Depay and Schneiderlin. Thats £50m right there.

The fact that Klopp's biggest signings have not played, its not of my business. That shows you how smart they are at Liverpool FC.
:lol: do you really want to compare net spends.

Chelsea last two season net spend=24m
Man utd last two season net spend=260m

Thats similar, right?

When you include those two players in Liverpool performance, it does shows how smart you are though.

RichMet

Supports
Liverpool
Ok, Conte spent £70m only for a striker. His spending is close to us, plus they were champions last season.
Klopp spent £250m, again close to our spenging under Jose.

So, your point is mute. They haven't. The table does not lie.
Kinda depends if you are talking about the £135M of that has been spent on 2 players who haven't even kicked a ball for Klopp yet, bit early to judge I'd say!

MJJ

Once again, completely ignoring my point. Top strikers and Top CM's are probably the most expensive positions in football. Pep had the freedom to put his trust in a young striker like GBJ as he had a fallback option as Aguero, one of the best strikers the Prems ever seen. At United he wouldn't have had that cushion. His options when he came in would have been a Rooney who was tripping over his own feet and another young kid in Rashford.

He's essentially managed to outspend us, even though he didn't have to invest in top players in some of the most expensive positions in the game.
I am sure for 90m pounds he would either have found a suitable striker or improved martial, a player more talented than jesus.

Womp

idiot
I am sure for 90m pounds he would either have found a suitable striker or improved martial, a player more talented than jesus.
Okay he plays Martial up front, then has to find another player to replace that inside forward position, who would cost another arm and a leg. Do you kind of see where your argument is flawed now. They had a better squad to start with, didn't have to invest in positions that usually cost an arm and a leg (attack and CM is usually more than defence) and yet still managed to outspend us both windows. All the while the one player we had who accounts for nearly half our transfer spend was unavailable for the majority of the season.

haram

Thats similar, right?

When you include those two players in Liverpool performance, it does shows how smart you are though.
Chelsea had players like Hazard already at the club... if they had to purchase players of that calibre how much does it cost them...

Now compare it to what Jose walked into at United...

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think it's peculiar that the alleged insider used the phrase "third season syndrome". Bit of a slight.

el3mel

Thats similar, right?

When you're proved wrong about the transfers budgets the best tactics is to resort to net spend, which means feck all actually.

No one told Conte to sell one of the best strikers in the league and having to spend 70m to get a replacement. No one told him to sell Matic. All these were his choices that led to his team falling farther in the league this season.

In that case Conte fecked up his title winning team. Go and blame him.

MJJ

Okay he plays Martial up front, then has to find another player to replace that inside forward position, who would cost another arm and a leg. Do you kind of see where your argument is flawed now.
Repeats argument of us spending 90m on a striker which could have been spent on a suitable winger.

MJJ

When you're proved wrong about the transfers budgets the best tactics is to resort to net spend, which means feck all actually.

No one told Conte to sell one of the best strikers in the league and having to spend 70m to get a replacement. No one told him to sell Matic. All these were his choices that led to his team falling farther in the league this season.

In that case Conte fecked up his title winning team. Go and blame him.
Well matic was the boards but hey if you guys want to take solace in the fact that conte spent 60m on a striker thus mourinho hasn't underperformed be my guest.

I imagine the argument and mourinho fits would have pretty legendary if we had only invested 24m over two years in the team.

MJJ

Chelsea had players like Hazard already at the club... if they had to purchase players of that calibre how much does it cost them...

Now compare it to what Jose walked into at United...
Did you forget Jose last season with the same hazard?

Womp

idiot
Repeats argument of us spending 90m on a striker which could have been spent on a suitable winger.
Okay, then what about the CM position? You saw what we had to pay for Pogba. Pogba + your alleged 90m for a winger and we've already come close to Jose's spending, all the while still having multiple positions to still strengthen.

el3mel

Well matic was the boards but hey if you guys want to take solace in the fact that conte spent 60m on a striker thus mourinho hasn't underperformed be my guest.
The decision of selling Matic was the board's, so you're saying Conte has no personality or influence in front of the board, he agreed with that and still managing ? That will be embarrassing for any manager.

Aren't we talking about the same manager who walked out of Juve suddenly during their pre season because they refused to back him ?

MJJ

Okay, then what about the CM position? You saw what we had to pay for Pogba. Pogba + your alleged 90m for a winger and we've already come close to Jose's spending, all the while still having multiple positions to still strengthen.
Yes, have I said that Pep would have spent less? I suggested that if Pep was hired instead of mourinho we would be better off by virtue of him not being at city.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Conte has just come and said this :

So what ? Will we see a similar article like this for him leaving Chelsea ? Definitely not because it's all about United and Mourinho.
"I rarely get the players I ask for. Always end up at clubs in austerity programmes..."

A winner that makes the best of his lot, the Glazers have their next Manager !!

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
If Jose lea

Thats similar, right?

Will see about the nobody defender they just paid £75m and the other guy who not even his mother knows who he is.

As for the net spending figures, they are misleading. Chelsea sold a lot of youngsters and they also loan a lot of youngsters. That income is subtracted to give you the net spending. We are not stupid you know?

Check your facts next time.

MJJ

If Jose lea

Will see about the nobody defender they just paid £75m and the other guy who not even his mother knows who he is.

As for the net spending figures, they are misleading. Chelsea sold a lot of youngsters and they also loan a lot of youngsters. That income is subtracted to give you the net spending. We are not stupid you know?

Check your facts next time.
We might not be but you...

Them selling youngsters doesn't change the 'fact' that their net spend was 24m.

Womp

idiot
Yes, have I said that Pep would have spent less? I suggested that if Pep was hired instead of mourinho we would be better off by virtue of him not being at city.
You said with similar spending he'd be doing just as well, which is wrong. He'd have to spend far more than Jose has. He'd have to bring in a top striker as he'd have no Aguero fallback option, he'd need a top CM as he would have no KDB, he'd need a defender or two as none of our defenders bar Blind would have been good on the ball, he'd need to buy two fullbacks (one? if he managed to get Shaw performing), he'd need a DM as he wouldn't have Fernandinho and he wouldn't like Fellaini, he'd need a RW, if he plays Martial as a striker he'd need a LW etc.

It's simply not comparable. As I said - he'd have us playing much better football, but in regards to performances, I really wouldn't be so quick to say we'd be doing as well. Your point about us doing better by virtue of him not being at City is correct, but that's such an odd statement to make as he is at City, and we're judging Jose based on those standards, so I don't see why the standards should change to suit your argument.

el3mel

"I rarely get the players I ask for. Always end up at clubs in austerity programmes..."

A winner that makes the best of his lot, the Glazers have their next Manager !!
Is that what you get from the quote or it's a sarcastic post ? He's clearly saying he doesn't trust the board to back him!

PoTMS

Really wouldn’t bother me much if it wasn’t for the fact there’s no good managers out there to replace him. Ancelotti’s available but like Mou, in his most recent post completely failed at a big club. If only we could somehow manage to pry Poch (and friends) away from the clutches of Levy.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Basically, he complained that he wasn't given enough money to challenge in the CL with Juventus. Now he is complaining that he's not been backed by the Chelsea board.

MJJ

You said with similar spending he'd be doing just as well, which is wrong. He'd have to spend far more than Jose has. He'd have to bring in a top striker as he'd have no Aguero fallback option, he'd need a top CM as he would have no KDB, he'd need a defender or two as none of our defenders bar Blind would have been good on the ball, he'd need to buy two fullbacks (one? if he managed to get Shaw performing), he'd need a DM as he wouldn't have Fernandinho and he wouldn't like Fellaini, he'd need a RW, if he plays Martial as a striker he'd need a LW etc.
So he would have used the 90m we paid for to get a winger, probably got mikhi to perform better or sign a more suitable RW. Bailly still being signed for cb, get a better cb instead of lindeloff. Matic still being signed and sorted.

Womp

idiot
So he would have used the 90m we paid for to get a winger, probably got mikhi to perform better or sign a more suitable RW. Bailly still being signed for cb, get a better cb instead of lindeloff. Matic still being signed and sorted.
All those signings are money. Adding even more funds to the LW/ST, Pogba money that he would have had to spend. Do you not see how many places we have to improve, yet they've still managed to outspend us, even considering the majority of our funds has gone to two players?

L1nk

Timo Werner went for around £8mill to RB Leipzig in 2016, perhaps some wiser investment might of meant spending so little on this great forward and not £75mill on Lukaku, leaving loads of funds to purchase players for other positions. But regardless, this is about Mourinho, quite frankly i'd like to see him stay at least for the third season, however my apprehension at all scenarios is narrowed down to this

- Mourinho stays for 3rd season
Mourinho stays, gets backing of the club and we can make a better challenge of the title and Man City next season
The football isn't the best particularly against the big sides but hopefully brings results
- Mourinho leaves 2nd season
Ideal time to bring in a DOF, leave Woodward to the commercial side and have the DOF work alongside the brilliant acquisition of Javier Ribalta
Great time to bring in a forward thinking, attacking manager. Tuchel, Poch, Sarri, Nagelsmann, Jardim, Hasenhüttl, etc. A lot of these may be gone by the time Mourinho leaves if he fulfills his contract or stays longer than that even.
Combining the above could set us up for a great future, with a direction and a purpose, although obviously comes with a risk

My main concern is I think we are in a precarious situation right now, if Mourinho stays great, but how long is he likely to, it was a shortsighted appointment in my opinion, although arguably the correct one, I don't see him staying past his contract at best the way this is shaping out to be and i'm not sure who we would bring in after. it's likely that half the managers i've listed will have moved to bigger clubs or signed new contracts by the time he leaves. I personally don't think Mourinho seems happy or content, he seems almost broken in a way. Now people will argue that any of the managers i listed above don't have the CV Mourinho has or they aren't as good, but I believe they are or can at least be as good as if it not better. I dont know, it's a difficult one.

Fluctuation0161

For those happy he would be leaving, there is literally no feckin manager out there for us. It's not like we have a great many to choose from. The best/most suitable coaches appear to have a job and seem to be very content.
Yep, the only potential replacements are downgrades from Mourinho who has made good progress with us.

If he does leave, I can only speculate that the board have not agreed to make the signings he needs to finish his job here. It’s all well and good saying he’s had money to spend but the scale of the competition spending and the scale of the rebuilding job he took on needs more investment.

cyberman

God I hate the fallout from stories like these.
Like when posters went hard in on Jose when it was reported Inter wanted Martial plus money for Perisic or when Spurs made a move for him.
It doesn't matter how true it is, its a green light to bring up tired arguments and nothing more will be said after Castles etc rubbish the report tomorrow.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
We might not be but you...

Them selling youngsters doesn't change the 'fact' that their net spend was 24m.

OK, you are right and smart, and I am wrong and stupid. Satisfied?

Chelsea spent £179m in the summer. I dont care how the recouped that money, we are talking about how much they spent.

Man Utd spend £148m in the summer.

Check the transfermarkt.co.uk

MJJ

All those signings are money. Adding even more funds to the LW/ST, Pogba money that he would have had to spend. Do you not see how many places we have to improve, yet they've still managed to outspend us, even considering the majority of our funds has gone to two players?
That's all the money we have spent so far? So similar spending to what mourinho did. It feels like we are arguing over two separate things so best to stop now.

OohAahMartial

Even the best journos still stretch and distort the truth to make a story. That he spends more time at home during Christmas and New Year means he might resign is stretching it ridiculously far. His source was probably the Caf.

Womp

idiot
That's all the money we have spent so far? So similar spending to what mourinho did. It feels like we are arguing over two separate things so best to stop now.
Yep, I agree. Just to clarify, I think we had to spend more money than City, to close the gap initially, yet we've fallen even further behind as they've spent more than us. It's true Jose could have used the money better, I've said as much myself multiple times, but we were desperate for some proper quality in the side.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not end of the world. If we don't get top 4 he might be sacked.

If he resigns, he certainly has a job offer from PSG else it wouldn't make any sense.

MJJ

Yep, I agree. Just to clarify, I think we had to spend more money than City, to close the gap initially, yet we've fallen even further behind as they've spent more than us. It's true Jose could have used the money better, I've said as much myself multiple times, but we were desperate for some proper quality in the side.
:lol: I pretty much agree with all of that.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics

Give it a rest bro, its hard to argue with.....

He is as much a Utd fan as I am an Astronaut.

RuudTom83

The drama surrounding every little thing these days is killing any enjoyment I get out of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.