Utd concerned that Jose will resign in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
So he would have used the 90m we paid for to get a winger, probably got mikhi to perform better or sign a more suitable RW. Bailly still being signed for cb, get a better cb instead of lindeloff. Matic still being signed and sorted.
Are you Peps stalker?

haram

Basically, he complained that he wasn't given enough money to challenge in the CL with Juventus. Now he is complaining that he's not been backed by the Chelsea board.
So how is he a winner that makes use of what he has got? The post seemed like a dig at Jose?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So how is he a winner that makes use of what he has got? The post seemed like a dig at Jose?
Don't really know. Jose had the same problems with the Chelsea board when he was there in his 2nd spell. They did feck all in the transfer market after they won the league and the team capitulated.

Womp

idiot
Don't really know. Jose had the same problems with the Chelsea board when he was there in his 2nd spell. They did feck all in the transfer market after they won the league and the team capitulated.
Always wondered why Chelsea do this. You think they would have learnt that simply winning the league isn't enough to get complacent, yet they make the same mistake again and again

noodlehair

"It's like..."
The opening post to this thread is annoying me to irrational levels

"story breaking all over twitter tonight"...this statement. It makes no sense and it's so fecking ridiculously and deliberately hyperbowlic. Who says this? Seriously

You don't work for Sky News. You're not a reporter who's job it is to sensationalise everything. Redcafe is not employing you to try and manifacture drama or fact out of random newspaper speculation.

Stop it for feck sake.

Womp

idiot
The opening post to this thread is annoying me to irrational levels

"story breaking all over twitter tonight"...this statement. It's so fecking ridiculously and deliberately hyperbowlic. Who says this? Seriously

You don't work for Sky News. You're not a reporter who's job it is to sensationalise everything. Redcafe is not employing you to try and manifacture drama or fact out of random newspaper speculation.

Stop it for feck sake.
:lol:

prateik

If is the daily mail, so its almost certainly nonsense.

If, and its a big IF, it is true, it really a concern?

I dont want him gone, but if he wants to leave or is unhappy because of his family situation, then he should go.

We have time to look for a replacement.. He hasnt done anything to suggest he would be irreplaceable.

the problem would be if he decided to walk mid-season without any warning.

kundalini

Not bothered in the slightest if he leaves.

The Mourinho who managed Porto, first spell at Chelsea then Inter achieved astonishing results. Since then his record just looks plain average to me when you take into consideration the size of the clubs involved, money spent, record in the years before and after he managed the respective club. Real Madrid have coped without him, won 3 CLs since he left, though only 1 La Liga title. Conte won PL first season at Chelsea.

Even the inept LVG won the FA Cup and managed to get us in the top 4 in his first season. Mourinho has clearly been an improvement, the football is more exciting to watch, a couple of minor trophies won, though finishing 6th in the PL last season was hardly impressive. On course for top 4 this season after another heavy spend during the summer, might even finish a clear 2nd if we have a strong second half to the season. Reaching the final of CL would really change the dynamic but doesn't seem that likely.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
Not bothered in the slightest if he leaves.

The Mourinho who managed Porto, first spell at Chelsea then Inter achieved astonishing results. Since then his record just looks plain average to me when you take into consideration the size of the clubs involved, money spent, record in the years before and after he managed the respective club. Real Madrid have coped without him, won 3 CLs since he left, though only 1 La Liga title. Conte won PL first season at Chelsea.

Even the inept LVG won the FA Cup and managed to get us in the top 4 in his first season.
Now is behind us.
Then spent another feckload of cash and sent us into the Europa. In a season where all our rivals were shit and Leicester won the PL, I might add.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The fact that we're having these discussions already shows that there are likely to be issues.

If, and that's a big 'if', these stories were leaked by the club, it could perhaps be seen as a move to pressure Jose into fully committing to the job. The club may want this if they are to back him heavily like he demands. After all, why allow a manager to spend hundreds of millions of he plans on clearing off soon?

Oscie

It's odd how we've gone post-Ferguson to struggling to look like a top 6 team at times, currently occupy 2nd with a manager who secured European success only at the end of last season and it's

"Not bothered if he leaves"

We're absolute shite, we really are. Fans I mean. Shower of shite.

Klopp_De_Klown

Calm the feck down.

Don't you know contract negotiations when you see them? You all know he is looking for a better deal after the 2 trophies in the first season it's been in the papers since the end of the summer and this time around it's not going so well, as far as the media are concerned anyway, so just in case someone actually believes the media better to put on a little pressure. Then wait around until maybe Poch and Levy fall out or someone else to pop up from under the radar.

He has 18 months left, this is just par for the course. Pretty sure Jose's own team released this to the.... whatever it was to light a fire under United. To see how well prepared they are for the shock walk out. Assuming they won't be and of course, all sides will deny all knowledge or possibility of this being true.

The relationship is as strong as the day he first signed.*

Swift Football

Story breaking all over Twitter this evening.

:nervous:

I dont think he will resign, but lately, he is making sure the board hears him. I hope we bring one attacking player this transfer window so that our squad gets some help and some of our attacking players have some competition.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
I'd much rather he stayed, if he does leave however I think we should move heaven and earth to try and get Pochettino. Not really sure who else would be realistic/who'd come to us.
I really hope you guys don't get Pochettino, I genuinely think he can take you to the next level with the amount of talent you have that is underperforming

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That'll be crazy. He'd leave behind a squad with players from 4 different regimes.

Anyone less than Ferguson as his replacement would be a downgrade.

Oscie

That'll be crazy. He'd leave behind a squad with players from 4 different regimes.

Anyone less than Ferguson as his replacement would be a downgrade.
That's like a homosexual downloading Grindr with a 'No one but Tom Daley' mindset. Setting yourself up for a massive disappointment.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
It's odd how we've gone post-Ferguson to struggling to look like a top 6 team at times, currently occupy 2nd with a manager who secured European success only at the end of last season and it's

"Not bothered if he leaves"

We're absolute shite, we really are. Fans I mean. Shower of shite.
Thats modern day football for you and we should get on the boat as well. I am actually liking this attitude that it doesn't bother us too much. We really cant afford to be dependant on one manager and his style of play. Think, we will start seeing new managers every 3 - 4 years now.

Yes, a dof probably would be helpful.

Oscie

Thats modern day football for you and we should get on the boat as well. I am actually liking this attitude that it doesn't bother us too much. We really cant afford to be dependant on one manager and his style of play. Think, we will start seeing new managers every 3 - 4 years now.

Yes, a dof probably would be helpful.
Yeah, why get attached to managers, players, stadium etc. In fact why not just support a different club every 3-4 years?

"This year I'm supporting *looks at table to see who's winning* City!"

In all seriousness lauding complete detachment from everything and everyone associated with the club is one of the things is detest most about football. The first loyalty is always towards the club but the way so many fans seem completely not arsed about getting an entire new team every 5 minutes, changing the manager around, some even want to build a new stadium - I find the lack of emotional attachment to anything or anyone fairly chilling.

We've improved massively and quantifiable under Mourinho. Are we the finished article? Clearly not but Jesus Christ.

Regalia

Even if this isn't true, the fact that we have rumours like this show what a shitshow our club is today. Run by incompetent nitwits in the backgroud.

If it's true, we're just going to accept that we're Liverpool now. Always thinking we deserve better and living off past glories because there's certainly nobody available right now who can bring the success Mourinho can. At least not in the short term. The fact that some of our delusional fans think this is a good thing speaks volumes about the sad state of the club and its fans.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wouldn't hold it against him one bit if he resigns, but it would make me very sad. He's done a great job here, becoming our first manager to ever win two major trophies i his first season. Taking us back to the Champions league, first in our CL group, second in the league while spending just as much as Liverpool and still being criticized 24/7.

We are the so called richest club in the world with the biggest revenues in football and we are spending around the same figures of clubs that are spending money on new stadiums and stands, while denying funds for our manager.. Where does all our money go???
:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Even if this isn't true, the fact that we have rumours like this show what a shitshow our club is today. Run by incompetent nitwits in the backgroud.

If it's true, we're just going to accept that we're Liverpool now. Always thinking we deserve better and living off past glories because there's certainly nobody available right now who can bring the success Mourinho can. At least not in the short term. The fact that some of our delusional fans think this is a good thing speaks volumes about the sad state of the club and its fans.
They haven't been great at picking managers but what more can you ask for than hiring Jose and giving him lots of money?

Oscie

I don't get it. Refuse to accept any fan who is as familiar with the club as to know which colour the team play in, is unaware that we've spent craploads of money over the last few years. Is it wilful denial?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Yeah, why get attached to managers, players, stadium etc. In fact why not just support a different club every 3-4 years?

"This year I'm supporting *looks at table to see who's winning* City!"

In all seriousness lauding complete detachment from everything and everyone associated with the club is one of the things is detest most about football. The first loyalty is always towards the club but the way so many fans seem completely not arsed about getting an entire new team every 5 minutes, changing the manager around, some even want to build a new stadium - I find the lack of emotional attachment to anything or anyone fairly chilling.

We've improved massively and quantifiable under Mourinho. Are we the finished article? Clearly not but Jesus Christ.
Relax - don't assume things or put words into mouth. Its just about changing the manager who isnt up for the challenge.

Is it going to set us back - yes, ofcourse because we are still not there yet.

Is it a disaster - hell no and we will move on. so lets not overreact.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's only day or two since Jose was saying that he's 'proud' to manage this 'great club'.

amolbhatia50k

I don't get it. Refuse to accept any fan who is as familiar with the club as to know which colour the team play in, is unaware that we've spent craploads of money over the last few years. Is it wilful denial?
It sure is. Feeding on the narrative. Since Jose came out with those money comments I've seen A) people say we'll need to spend big again and consistently to challenge City (not an unreasonable view) and B) that we are frugal and don't give our manager funds (opinion with foundations clearly in la la Land).

deafepl

OK, you are right and smart, and I am wrong and stupid. Satisfied?

Chelsea spent £179m in the summer. I dont care how the recouped that money, we are talking about how much they spent.

Man Utd spend £148m in the summer.

Check the transfermarkt.co.uk
Ignoring the fact that Chelsea gets most of their money coming from player sales which United didn't and Chelsea spent their 179m all almost coming from player sales, United spent 150m money coming from revenue.

Let's imagine swapping all United players for Chelsea players, assuming United sell the same amount of players Chelsea sold last summer for 176m and spend 176m on signing players from player sales, United would add 150m from their revenue for Lukaku, Matic and Lindelof so that would mean United's total spending would be £329m.

if Jose wants to overhaul the squad last summer, Jose could sell money from Mata, Shaw, Fellaini, Blind and Darmain for 125m but he'd be the risk of not getting the target he wants to sign and the squad will be shorter in quality depth. Last season, United have 2 left to fill the spots for squad max 25 men so he added Lindelof and Matic to fill spots but the squad is not balanced. Jose'll have 3 spots left to fill with new signing after the departure of Carrick, Fellaini and Zlatan this summer and perhaps considering an upgrade replacement for Blind, Darmain and perhaps Mhki if his target finally wants to join.

United's policy in the transfer window is completely different to Chelsea, United will always give the £150m net to the managers every season but want big signing names like Griezmann. Chelsea will find money, their players and academy is their main source income for the transfer window and their policy is sell and buy. United board have backed Jose more than Chelsea would back. United don't need austerity programmes so Jose can spend whether he wants with a 150m net but if Jose wants more than this, Jose has to sell players he wants to get rid of and recoup the money.

Womp

idiot
It's only day or two since Jose was saying that he's 'proud' to manage this 'great club'.
TBF we shouldn't really take all these articles at face value. This article is most likely rubbish, I don't doubt he's upset that he's away from his family, I also don't doubt he's probably a miserable cnut because he's losing, I don't buy that he wants to move for those reasons though. His son plays football in England, his daughter goes to Uni there, his wife is settled there. Don't see how moving to PSG, which isn't any closer would make any difference, in fact making things more difficult for his family. For football reasons maybe, but for a guy obsessed with people's opinions on him, running away from a challenge hardly sounds characteristic of him.

Only reason I see him leaving is either the club's views/goals don't align with his, or he has a falling out with the board/players (something I don't see happening)

Also can we please stop this nonsense that Jose hasn't been backed. He absolutely has, whether or not he needs to continue being backed and whether or not he's the manager who should be overlooking the change are completely different arguments.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
My uncertainty in Mourinho is more than outweighed by my certainty that the club is awful at appointing managers. No more, please.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's like a homosexual downloading Grindr with a 'No one but Tom Daley' mindset. Setting yourself up for a massive disappointment.
Don't worry about me. I've been used to disappointment ever since the day David Moyes posed for a picture in the manager's office with a United badge mouse pad, bless him.

chb23

Hope he stays as he's done a good job so far.

If he leaves, then the only pleasure I get will be of those fans who are even more desperate once they realise that whoever replaces him won't be good enough.

Moyes. LVG. Rooney.

Never forget.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
To be fair, you could still be proud and view the club as great but have issues with the board/owners.

There's definitely something up with the dynamic between him and something/someone behind the scenes.

What a weird analogy...I mean...why that?

Status
Not open for further replies.