Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He had me a bit nervy at first, seemed to lose out on a strength battle or two but he grew into the game and kept Rondon very quiet. Can't believe he won 7 headers too, fair play to him.

Doracle

Very good game tonight
Haven't read the thread but I thought he was the best of the 2 CB's tonight and had a tough task given how bad Jones and Valencia were, he at least showed some composure and read most situations well, he wasn't great by any means but he's definitely the lesser of the multiple evils in that backline right now.
Jones was not bad at all after his error early on - although Lindelof was the better of the two tonight. They are actually a good partnership in the making. Very good display from Lindelof though. Let’s see how this pairing does against Spurs - with Young back in the team there should hopefully be less of a gap between Lindelof and his RB, which caused a lot of our problems today.

sam147

Played fantastically well especially when you see that he had Valencia on his right side and Jones on his left. He isnt brilliant in the air but he is good at reading the game. He was more physical so thats a positive. Sign Koulibaly for LCB and let them form a partnership.

0le

He was praised on MUTV tonight, for what its worth.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
MOTM. I criticize his aerial weakness in every game that costs us to concede many chances, but he carried our defense against Newcastle. He also carried Jone's sorry ass. I think I counted 2 lost headers against Rondon. His defending on the ground was great as usual. Go on Victor

meamth

Did really well. Not fast or strong enough but playing with courage and a cool head. Fair play to the lad
I think you're underestimating his acceleration. He is not a Ferrari alright, but a Tesla.

Once he starts running with the ball, he exploded. Nice stuff to see from our CB, it's been awhile.

meamth

Something I've noticed is he's added a lot of aggression in his game. If there's a 50/50 he goes in all guns blazing with the intention to take everything.
I think the instruction is to go and win that 2nd ball as fast as he can. It helps when all his teammates are pressing. Works so well for him.

marktan

Be intresting to see what happens when Smalling comes back as Lindelof has been great on the right side and Smalling can operate on the left but it will be intresting to see what Ole does since we are used to seeing those two switched around.
I'd be down for playing Rojo on the left of the defense, I think he can be very good for us if he can stay fit, he was pretty solid in Jose's first season when we won the EL. Not too dissimilar to Lindelof in that he likes the ball at feet either. Smalling's the best defender out of all of them but his inability to drive forward with the ball limits us a lot.

The Red Thinker

I like how people have been reluctant in praising him on here. He’s been the rock at the back for us when Mourinho’s reign went to hell. The only thing that has held him back is his aerial defending, and I think he is improving by the game in that department.

Surely, if we’re buying a new CB it must be a LCB.

The mark of a player’s character is that when the odds are stacked against you and everyone writes you off, and when your teammates are struggling... you shine.

Lindelof has grit. Real steel. We would be foolish to let him go out of the first team without letting him have his due with a new CB beside him.

RedCurry

I’ve been hard on him but this was his second good performance this season, first being the Juve game. It’ll take consistent performances of this standard for me to believe that he’s United quality.

DancingPanda

I’ve been hard on him but this was his second good performance this season, first being the Juve game. It’ll take consistent performances of this standard for me to believe that he’s United quality.
You are kidding, right? Just two good performances?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You are kidding, right? Just two good performances?
We have leaked goals ever since he came into the side. First clean sheet for him in a while now I feel and suddenly he has been player of the year? He has had about 2 games where he has looked solid offensively and defensively. 2 impressive games. His improvement has gone up quickly from a very low level of expectation to a very high one, so it might seem confusing but he has not been United quality except for 2-3 games. He has showed promise in a lot of games yeah, but don't confuse that with an actual quality performance. Like the one he had against Newcastle. If he keeps this up he will clearly be good enough.

Anak Portal

Fantastic, he's been better under OGS
Hopefully can see him fit for next away
If he can maintain the performances and stepping his fitness, he will keep our 4th position in EPL.

TehRed

He has improved so much! I'm not sure if it's just a case of him needing time and confidence to settle into the team and get used to the opposition forwards in the league, or if it was more to do with being stifled by Jose's style of play and tactical instructions. Maybe a bit of both, to be fair. But he is definitely looking a lot more assured now, though its still early days. If he can maintain his current form over the rest of the season, i'll feel a lot more convinced. He's only done well in a relatively small number of games so far.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Never thought I’d say this but he’s turning into one of my favourite players of the current regime - very fun to watch as a CB as he’s so damn positive on the ball. The way he strokes the ball around even when pushed on to his weaker foot - kids a natural baller. Let’s hope physically he keeps developing because there’s definitely some talent in this guy.

AgentP

I never thought he'd be good enough for United but he's proving me wrong. He is our best defender now hands down. He was extremely weak in aerial duels and one-on-ones last season but has turned it around recently. We need Smalling back soon to play alongside him. Jones and Bailly have become a liability.

staniswin

Easily our best CB. Pocketed Rondon and have to cover for Valencia. 10/10

I keep saying he’s our best CB. But no doubt the haters will be out next time he makes a mistake.
As if their favourite CB weren't error prone by themselves.

haram

Just finished watching the game. Good game from him, especially considering he was up against Rondon.

Patrick08

Need some gym sessions and better diet to what we'd like to see long term, as he could still be passive on one on ones and little slow in getting his body in the firing line, but He's getting there, The progress is there to see. I was always hopeful he has it in him to make the transition here.

Tottenham will be real test for him in terms of stopping there star striker as well as the whole defense line in general.

Last edited:

Robbie Boy

Some of his performances recently have reminded me of his games for Sweden when he's looked a far better player. I like him, I think there's a good player in there but he's still an obvious work in progress.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Was fantastic last night, bossed Rondon and was brilliant in covering rb where it felt we where down a man. Him, herrera and rashford best players on the pitch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That was his best performance in a United shirt.

Won nearly every duel, actually bullied Rondon a few times! Couldn't believe my eyes.

He's playing with much more aggression now and is clearly feeling settled now. Those first season nerves have gone.

Right now he's our first choice defender and rightly deserved.

Raven

Just shows that you shouldn't write off young player so quickly. What a monster he's becoming. Feel we might start mopping up a few clean sheets.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
I've been critical of him in the past but have always added the caveat that I would love to be proved wrong.

MOTM last night for me and as others have said it was his best performance in a United shirt, I can't recall one moment where I felt nervous with what he was doing - you can see the confidence he is playing with.

I still have big reservations about his physicality (his heading and strength mostly, he was brushed aside a couple of times even if they were borderline fouls). Anyway I was a bit nervous about him vs Rondon but he handled him very well - however Newcastle's service from wide areas was poor. He still needs to prove it against the best players before claims of him being one of the best in the league, he has struggled against Aguero, Ronaldo, Kane etc but he is moving in the right direction.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It's no surprise that now we've changed to a more proactive style of defending, he and others have benefited enormously from it. You can clearly see he likes to defend on the front foot, and with the entire team now 5/10 yards further up the pitch the oppposition isn't getting the same opportunity to receive the ball and run at the back 4. Too often we were inviting pressure and attacking players were finding space in behind our defensive midfielder. All centrebacks struggle when they have men to mark and men with time in front of them to pick their pass .

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Need some gym sessions and better diet to what we'd like to see long term, as he could still be passive on one on ones and little slow in getting his body in the firing line, but He's getting there, The progress is there to see. I was always hopeful he has it in him to make the transition here.

Tottenham will be real test for him in terms of stopping there star striker as well as the whole defense line in general.
Yeah, he's generally shit the bed a bit (as has most of our side to be fair) in the big games this season... so hopefully that can change next weekend.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah, he's generally shit the bed a bit (as has most of our side to be fair) in the big games this season... so hopefully that can change next weekend.
Thought he played well both games vs Juve

Sylar

He was good. I reckon he will still concede chances / goals until we have a set consistent CB pairing though.
But I think the way we are set up will help him especially with the passing aspect.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Had no faith he'd come good because he was so feeble, terrified of doing anything and just backed off. But the last few games he is showing aggression and playing on the front foot. Still concerned with his poor tracking of the ball in the air and pace but much better.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm starting to fecking love this man. Name on the back of my next United shirt if he continues this form. Looks every bit the £40m player and looks like he's going to fill the boots of Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.