Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
And said it would have been equally as difficult had he been on the other side.
And he also said it doesn't matter what side he was on because it was always a goal
Cos of the whip of the ball, but really if he's the right side he has a much better chance of clearing it then Obafemi does of putting it in.

It's still not an excuse to switch off like that.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Rather than asking me have I seen the size of Obafemi. Have you try to re-watch the goal again?

Lindelof failed to read the danger there, he needs to be goalside & of course so easily being outmuscled. I doubt Rio, Maguire, Vidic, Stam, Bruce & Pallister will be beaten easily like that.
Matic failed to win his header and stop the danger.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He went from MOTM in the match thread to championship player who needs to be replaced :confused:
He was my MotM. Martial was quality but missed a couple of key chances (one he created himself to be fair). It was close but Lindelof was superb tonight, and I won't be caning him for that goal.

Foxbatt

I don't blame him. Once that gets flicked on anything could happen. It should have been cleared at the near post.
This is the problem I have always been saying. Why can't we ever get a near post flick?

youngrell

Good game up until 96 minutes.

Was very poor defending for the corner but he wasn’t the only one. Maguire was shepherding AWB for some reason.

BulgarianDevil91

If we want to go places , then this fella can’t be playing centre half.
Been bullied by a 5”4 player FFS
Shorter people have a lower center of gravity and that Obafemi dude looks so buffed I bet he'd send you into oblivion in a shoulder to shoulder collision. Don't blame Lindelof for other people's mistakes in that situation.

Triple.Threat

Yeah, it's quite clear to me you don't watch most of our games.
Do you mean watching them through your eyes? then the answer is no.

His weaknesses had been spotted from his early days and he still has not improved, if you want to fight 5-8th his your man want to challenge must upgrade.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure why he gets blamed for the goal

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Rather than asking me have I seen the size of Obafemi. Have you try to re-watch the goal again?

Lindelof failed to read the danger there, he needs to be goalside & of course so easily being outmuscled. I doubt Rio, Maguire, Vidic, Stam, Bruce & Pallister will be beaten easily like that.
Maguire would not. Because he picked his teammate to mark on that corner.
But yeah, Lindelof should have done much better there. It was bad reaction and it was costly.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Was a brilliant game from him and the corner was going in from even the best of center backs. The hilarity to pin the corner solely on him is testament to how underrated he is. There was a knock in from Bednarek which would have made it extremely difficult to defend. Also Obafemi was on DDG before he moved inbetween Lindelof and the player in front of him.

Lindelof was extremely good today and snuffed out multiple balls against a physical Ings and Long, and people want to point to this corner to pin blame on him. Bunch of feckwits on this forum, honestly.
No doubt he was very good today but today's game is an example why Lindelof is not a regular centre back for team who wants to challenge the title. He should be in goalside for the goal! Basic error defending today shows not only his weakness but also his mentality

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I thought Lindelof had a very good game up until incident surrounding the equaliser. He’s too damn soft for his - and our - own good. No way should a centre-back be conceding a goal in those circumstances. He should’ve held off Obafemi with ease and made the clearance. So frustrating.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
But yeah, Lindelof should have done much better there. It was bad reaction and it was costly.
Maguire would have because he knows how to sense a danger and do basic thing to always be in goalside.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No doubt he was very good today but today's game is an example why Lindelof is not a regular centre back for team who wants to challenge the title. He should be in goalside for the goal! Basic error defending today shows not only his weakness but also his mentality
He has a 5ft player infront of him, he was focusing on being central enough to win an ariel bout, but the defenders in front of him failed to deal with it, a knock down came and the ball went in. If every player tried to get infront of the other we'd have the whole defence on the near post.

Fussmeister

He was outmuscled, typical of him, but I wouldn't blame him for the goal. He still acted smarter than most of his teammates who lost a header despite 6 of them covering 2m2 space all together.
This,

6 people and in that group our two tallest players. Just bad from most of the team

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Even Gary Neville said he was the wrong side.
Yeah he was the wrong side. After we lost the initial header. You can't be in the right position to defend the flick on, while simultaneously being there to win the ball if it comes all the way through. It's indicative of this place that Matic losing the initial header is immaterial.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Yeah he was the wrong side. After we lost the initial header. You can't be in the right position to defend the flick on, while simultaneously being there to win the ball if it comes all the way through.
He wasn't on the right side even when the corner was being taken.

E-mal

He is just a mid table defender I have to say, we need investment there.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He has a 5ft player infront of him, he was focusing on being central enough to win an ariel bout, but the defenders in front of him failed to deal with it, a knock down came and the ball went in. If every player tried to get infront of the other we'd have the whole defence on the near post.
That's it for me. He needs to be goalside to stop what happened from happening, then when it squirts out to the far post and Obafemi is unmarked to toe-poke home Lindelof is a piece of shit who should be taking care of the far stick.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Maguire would have because he knows how to sense a danger and do basic thing to always be in goalside.
Maguire marked his teammate in that corner. His teammate! Didn't look at ball and didn't jump on that ball.
It is Lindelof who is covering Maguire all the time because Harry doesn't sense danger.

mu4c_20le

I don't get what he was doing there, that's why im curious why some people think he's completely blameless? He wasn't putting Obafemi off, he was behind him struggling to budge him

A-man

First half he was hesitant and even if he didn’t really make many mistakes he wasn’t good. Second half was very good. Much more pro active and winning everything in the air and on the ground. Looked poor from the goal but so did many players. Not sure what happened there.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That's it for me. He needs to be goalside to stop what happened from happening, then when it squirts out to the far post and Obafemi is unmarked to toe-poke home Lindelof is a piece of shit who should be taking care of the far stick.
I'm sure he'll be devastated.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Maguire marked his teammate in that corner. His teammate! Didn't look at ball and didn't jump on that ball.
It is Lindelof who is covering Maguire all the time because Harry doesn't sense danger.
Zonal marking buddy.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I don't get what he was doing there, that's why im curious why some people think he's completely blameless? He wasn't putting Obafemi off, he was behind him struggling to budge him
He also played him on side, otherwise the dude was off.

kundalini

I thought Lindelof defended really well until their late equalizer. He cut out several dangerous crosses. We were in big trouble once Bednarek won the header from the corner but Lindelof needed to get in front of Obafemi somehow, to stop the ball going in the net.

Classical Mechanic

Maguire‘s positioning was weird but ineffectual because Matic was beaten quite far away from him and the second ball went into Lindelof’s defensive zone. You like to see De Gea not trembling on his line at every corner too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bit insensitive man

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
So if he is the wrong side of the attacker, what was he doing in the first place?

Don't you as a defender need a plan going into a corner and go over all the worst case scenarios?

I'd like an answer from people that played at a decent level.

simmee

So he should've been standing next to De Gea then (since that was where that southampton player was) and disregard the back post as well as the other southampton player? You've never played football mate.

He'sRaldo

Should have blocked the cross for the first goal, and was sloppy for the 2nd. Besides that he had a good game, but those errors made it an average game.

His passiveness can be a disadvantage as can be seen from the first goal.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

Many ddodgy performances tonight from man utd players but Lindelöf stood out as the best player on the field. Truly ridiculous to blame him for the last minute goal. The ball was going in long before he failed to clear it on the goal line. Some posters need to get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.