Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

luisnani86

Bar one skinning by Ings early on in the second half, he was near flawless imo - dogged and brave with some crucial interceptions and a fair share of headed clearances. Then he does that at the end. Christ

dabeast

Lindelof is a game trier, however he is not fit to start for Manchester United. He is too small, too slow, too weak and he doesn’t have the Blind-like game-reading and ball playing skills to make up for those problems. Even when he has a good game, that is not even close to what Rio could do.

Either 4-5 choice or get rid.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If he was well positioned, he wouldn't have to
His positioning was fine - Obafemi was putting off DDG and then moved in between Lindelof and the player in front of him. There is no fecking chance he runs round Obafemi and gets to the ball, get a grip. The knock down brought it to feet which was the issue. Sure on hindsight he could have done better to start infront of a midget of a player but lets not beat him with a stick with it. I mean seriously.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
So Smalling is not good with the ball. Does that make him an inferior defender overall than Lindelof? I say no.

If Lindelof was a silky passing wizard I'd say yes but he is not. He is marginally better than Smalling with the ball and Smalling is miles faster, stronger and even better at 1 on 1s and heading and last ditch etc.

Raven

Was a brilliant game from him and the corner was going in from even the best of center backs. The hilarity to pin the corner solely on him is testament to how underrated he is. There was a knock in from Bednarek which would have made it extremely difficult to defend. Also Obafemi was on DDG before he moved inbetween Lindelof and the player in front of him.

Lindelof was extremely good today and snuffed out multiple balls against a physical Ings and Long, and people want to point to this corner to pin blame on him. Bunch of feckwits on this forum, honestly.
I'm a big fan of Lindelof, thinks he's better than Maguire but he needs to be doing better there.

L1nk

He was great all game, even won headers. Then he got outmuscled for a 50-50 at the end for a cross that shouldn't have even got to him in the first place, Maguire should have headed it or De Gea should have claimed it.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Lindelof is a game trier, however he is not fit to start for Manchester United. He is too small, too slow, too weak and he doesn’t have the Blind-like game-reading and ball playing skills to make up for those problems. Even when he has a good game, that is not even close to what Rio could do.

Either 4-5 choice or get rid.
Did you see the game this evening? He was pretty good I thought.

Triple.Threat

Weak mentally weak physically, those aren't the characters of a top team defender, and I am not just basing this on his error leading to the goal today, he was exposed so many times.

mu4c_20le

His positioning was fine - Obafemi was putting off DDG and then moved in between Lindelof and the player in front of him. There is no fecking chance he runs round Obafemi and gets to the ball, get a grip.
There was no chance because he was standing behimd him the whole time, fecking wake up

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played very well today. Those that blame him for the goal have never played football before.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Weak mentally weak physically, those aren't the characters of a top team defender, and I am not just basing this on his error leading to the goal today, he was exposed so many times.
Yeah, it's quite clear to me you don't watch most of our games.

Renegade

Played well. Typically outmuscled at the end. He and Maguire as a partnership just isn’t natural unfortunately.

ManRed

He went from MOTM in the match thread to championship player who needs to be replaced :confused:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Have you seen the fecking size of Obafemi, he could probably outmuscle 95% of the defenders in the league.
:lol: He is a 1.69 winger, Lindelof is a CB. It's embarrassing.

I was about to say that he had a very good game, bordering on world class performance, then he managed to feck that right up as always didn't he. He'll never be a top player.

Strats

Thought he was very good apart from the goal where he showed his lack of strength.

Somewhat disappointed he hasn't hit gym more during his years here since this is not the first time this happens.

LJJT

Thought he was brilliant tonight and I’m not a big fan of his. Shame of the final moment there I don’t think he can be hugely blamed but again his physical weakness let him down a bit there. But can’t hide the fact he was far better than Maguire today and last few games

Red00012

If we want to go places , then this fella can’t be playing centre half.
Been bullied by a 5”4 player FFS

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

I was about to say that he had a very good game, bordering on world class performance, then he managed to feck that right up as always didn't he. He'll never be a top player.
We're talking about strength, the guy is an absolute fecking unit. The ball wasn't high in the air...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was outmuscled, typical of him, but I wouldn't blame him for the goal. He still acted smarter than most of his teammates who lost a header despite 6 of them covering 2m2 space all together.

Halftrack

There was no feck up there, though?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Have you seen the fecking size of Obafemi, he could probably outmuscle 95% of the defenders in the league.
Rather than asking me have I seen the size of Obafemi. Have you try to re-watch the goal again?

Lindelof failed to read the danger there, he needs to be goalside & of course so easily being outmuscled. I doubt Rio, Maguire, Vidic, Stam, Bruce & Pallister will be beaten easily like that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're talking about strength, the guy is an absolute fecking unit
It wasn’t even strength that’s the issue.

hes standing next to him like he’s waiting for a bus, then obafemi decides to jump goal side and that’s it, he can’t get back

lindelof should be taking charge of the situation not the other way around.

Kostov

A proper defense, well organized and in control does not let that ball across goal for anybody to tap it in. I only saw the game replay but I think most of our players should be doing better, not just Lindelof.

norm87cro

Apart from the goal? C'mon guys it comes with the territory and we just gifted 2 goals to Southampton today. Defenders are judged on that. And one is Lindelofs.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Until the last minute yes
Does he have time to get in front of Obafemi after he moves away from De Gea and capitalises on a flick-on? I say no, it is not realistic to expect defenders to be able to zoom into position on every striker in the box every time. I blame H and De Gea, and to be fair Maguire has just said 'the guy can't get a header in at our front post when we've got four men around it', so he's acknowledged it's the front post mistake that is critical in that goal.

tomaldinho1

I don't understand how any who has played adult football is blaming him for the second goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.